Tell me about WOC!

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
Just saw the post that WOC is back up as of 2/22 and our first day in the parks will be 2/24! So obviously this is great news!! However, since I thought it was going to be closed, I haven’t educated myself about the viewing options. Can anyone fill me in on how seating works, is there FP or just standby, unless you do a dining or dessert package? What are the dining package and dessert party options, and are they worth it? Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I just feel like I need to get up to speed in a very short time here!! Thank you!

This thread is super helpful: World of Color Superthread. Read the first post carefully and thoroughly. All viewing in the WOC viewing area requires a FP, either free or with a dining package. There is non-FP viewing available, but the views aren't very good -- those are better for a "taste test" -- will my kids like the show sort of thing. Viewing for WOC is complicated. It is a great show with a poorly designed viewing area.
Read the first post in that thread, then come back with all your questions.

This thread is super helpful: World of Color Superthread. Read the first post carefully and thoroughly. All viewing in the WOC viewing area requires a FP, either free or with a dining package. There is non-FP viewing available, but the views aren't very good -- those are better for a "taste test" -- will my kids like the show sort of thing. Viewing for WOC is complicated. It is a great show with a poorly designed viewing area.
Read the first post in that thread, then come back with all your questions.

Has the dessert party location moved? I was under the impression it was directly behind the front row, the first elevated section. I was thinking about splurging for this, but I'm glad I saw this map because other descriptions made it sound like a much better location. I don't think I'd enjoy it from that far back and off center.

I've also seen people talking about how the bridge did not require a FP, but every map I look at places it in the Blue FP section.

Has the dessert party location moved? I was under the impression it was directly behind the front row, the first elevated section. I was thinking about splurging for this, but I'm glad I saw this map because other descriptions made it sound like a much better location. I don't think I'd enjoy it from that far back and off center.

I've also seen people talking about how the bridge did not require a FP, but every map I look at places it in the Blue FP section.
No, the Dessert Party has always been further back as shown in the Superthread map. Yes the bridge requires FP. At least for the first show.

:wizard:

Has the dessert party location moved? I was under the impression it was directly behind the front row, the first elevated section. I was thinking about splurging for this, but I'm glad I saw this map because other descriptions made it sound like a much better location. I don't think I'd enjoy it from that far back and off center...
The Dessert Party view is not that far back, is the big picture view (and isn't even as far back as the VIP section!), and is a centered view. Remember, the center of the show is not straight down the middle of Paradise Bay; it is on the diagonal. Some of the later pages of the WOC Superthread should have photos taken from the Dessert Party so you can see the view from there.

The Dessert party is right i front of the VIP seating section so that should tell you something. The high bar chairs in the Dessert Seating section is about the best seats you can get short of the very first row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!