Tell me about the mugs at the Contemporary!

Familyof6

Mouseketeer
I've been on these boards long enough to know that you buy the mug and refill it at your hotel for the length of your stay. Last trip, we were staying concierge so there was no need to buy the mugs. I didn't bother to read many threads about the mugs.
Now we're going primarily budget (rooms through Shades of Green) and I need to know if the mugs are worth it. DH and I drink a lot of soda and coffee! How much are the mugs and how convenient is it to the North wing to get them refilled? (and where do you get them refilled?) Would it be better to just buy a case of soda at our grocery stop on the way to the hotel? Then we're left to pay for the morning coffee.
Opinions?

Lisa :D

I stayed in the North Wing back in 2000. I got mugs and used them quite frequently. Mind you I was at the end of the wing closest to the Food N' Fun Center. I think even if I was further down I still would have made the trip. Wouldn't take longer than 5 or 6 minutes.

If you drink a lot of soda and coffee - they are definitely worth it. We stayed in the North Garden Wing - on the first room in the hallway near the tower building - literally steps away from the side door that leads to the Food N Fun Center. This is where you fill your mugs. I believe you can also get the filled at the pool bar.

We bought two for our family of five, as DH and I drink lots of coffee, and soda, but our girls drink mainly water, juice or milk. We would fill one with lemonade for them in the afternoon as a treat. They also have a frozen Coke slushie machine that you can fill them with!

I appreciate your responses. I thought that we would probably get two mugs for us. Our kids also mostly drink water, juice and milk. The frozen Coke slushies sound good. Our kids like those at Burger King. (when they are allowed to get them;) but this is vacation! (and a surprise to them, at that!)
Do you happen to know the price? I know I could find it with a little research but I haven't had time yet. If someone knows it off the top of their head, it would save me time!:)

Thanks,
Lisa :D

Lisa,

I think the price for 2 was around $20.00 when we got them in 2001. My DH and I got one each and we just shared them with our 2 girls. Since we did use the grocery store stop thru Tiffany Towncar Service, I did buy soda and I didn't need to because of the refillable mugs.

Others have posted this idea: When leaving the hotel, fill up your mug and enjoy your morning coffee on your ride (or walk to MK :) ) to the parks. Bring a ziploc bag to put the mug in after you are done. Rinse it out at a park when you have time!!

Enjoy!!

Anna

We just bought the mugs last month and they were $10.99 each plus tax. You can get purple or red and they have Mickey on the side. There isn't juice or milk to fill your mugs with, but coffee, tea, lemonade, cherry or Coke Icee, and several sodas to choose from. We found they were WELL worth the hike from the N Garden Wing- and we were almost all the way down the wing. Tip- if you like lemon in your tea or soda, there is a little cooler where the condiments and forks are, outside the cash registers...there are pre-packaged lemons, cream cheese, salad dressings, etc in there. Very nice!

Thanks for the tip about the lemon! That's exactly what I like best...iced tea with lemon, no sugar! (and two of my girls drink that too!):cool: We could probably splurge for 3 mugs at that price, but I may stick with just getting one for myself and DH. The kids can use them when we're not.:p

thanks,
Lisa:D

Hi all - I'm fairly new to these boards and these mugs are news to me! Where can you buy them and where can you use them? Thanks!

Hi phyllis1966,
You buy them at the resort you are staying at. You can get unlimited refills only at the resort where you purchased them. For example you cannot use a Polynesian mug at Coronado Springs. However you can use mugs at sister resorts (that share the same property) such as Port Orleans (River Side & French Quarter) and at the All Stars. You cannot get refills in the theme parks.

Many of the resorts now post signs stating they are good for length of stay only. They are worthwhile if your room isn't too far from the refill area. I mistakenly got on at the All Star Music last year and used it once because we were so far away from the food court.

Margaret-

You're not supposed to take them back to reuse on a different trip. Although if the mugs are exactly the same, I'm not sure how they would know.

Thanks Alice28,
I heard of people doing that but we plan on getting a fridge and stocking it with sodas from the grocery, besides they would take up alot of room in the suitcases;) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter