Tell me about the Merry Christmas cruises!

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
DH & I have done several Halloween cruises. We just booked a Christmas 2020 cruise last week onboard the Fantasy. We have never done the Christmas cruise. What do we need to know? We had a pirate party & Halloween party last week. What do we need to know about the Christmas cruise? This will be our 10th DCL cruise! Woot! Woot! Also, we will be celebrating hubbies retirement! Double woot!

We did a Christmas one on the Dream and the cruise port, ship and CC were all done up in decorations. There was a massive gingerbread house in the lobby of the ship we would purposely walk by it because it smelled so good. There was still a pirate party. I was looking through my pictures of the cruise and some character costumes were more Christmas themed.

That was one of my questions, whether there is still a pirate party. We just had 2 dress up parties for Halloween cruise so I was wondering. Anything else we should know?

We were on the Magic last December and there was still a pirate night. Beautiful decorations all around the ship. There was a tree lighting ceremony. We signed up to decorate Christmas cookies. You only get one per person, but still a fun family time. Castaway Cay was decorated for Christmas. We had a great time!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There is special merchandise you can buy before you get on the ship. Last year's blanket was super cute. I regret not buying it! I sold out! There are also cute Christmas themed treats you can order for your room to put you in the spirit of the season. Also, if you participate in a fish extender group it is fun as a lot of your gifts can be holiday themed.

Happy Sailing!

Last edited:

Very Merrytime is SO much fun...lots of activities from making ornaments to decorating gingerbread cookies. Tree lighting ceremony in the atrium with the characters and Christmas carols, Winter Wonderland Ball with Santa, Mrs Claus and snow in the atrium. The ship is beautifully decorated with a huge tree and gingerbread house. Characters are decked out in their holiday finest. Families getting their photos taken in ugly Christmas sweaters and/or Christmas pajamas. It's a week long celebration!

Also you can order special holiday decorations that will be in your room when you arrive - and also a special Christmas blanket and pillow to take home.

If you can, spend a day at WDW for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and another day at Epcot for the Candlelight Processional. The parks are also wonderfully decorated for Christmas.

We are booked on Christmas 2020 on the Fantasy, we sailed on Magic for Christmas 2017, Christmas Day way the best day ever and was a sea day, I’m looking forward to spending the day on castaway. Santa was in the atrium on Christmas morning and their way cookies and hot chocolate. The Disney parks Christmas show played on funnel vision. There was a nice Christmas Eve celebration in the atrium, characters celebration and crew telling of their Christmas traditions in their country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!