Tell me about Pirates League....

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
DS is currently watching the planning video and mentioned interest in Pirates League.

Can you show me your photos?

What should I know about?

Is it as packed as BBB? Will we waste a lot of time waiting to get in?

Do they have picture packages that I can purchase or does it go right to your magic band???

Inquiring minds need to know!

TIA

It can get crowded. When we went (DS did it twice), there was a lot of waiting around - waiting to be called to do the pirate name, waiting for a chair to begin the face painting, etc. He enjoyed it, but I would be prepared to spend at least an hour there.

We've done it twice. There is a lot of waiting around but IMO the time we went earlier we had a faster experience - not as many folks there.
Definitely get makeup remover wipes to carry in your bag. If it's hot and they are sweating the makeup will ruin - and speaking from experience will ruin clothing :(
We had Photopass both times so the pics were automatically added to our account. And back then they gave you a free print in a cardboard style frame - not sure they still do that.

My daughter has done PL twice. She loved it. The first time she did it, the place was packed. While we didn't wait long to get started, we had quite the wait to get into the treasure room.

The second time was this past July, and her appointment was around 10 a.m. There was only one other child in there at the time. We had actually booked two appts (one for our four year old too- she refused to do Pirates League). One of the "Pirates" actually painted my four year old child's' nails for free since she didn't want to actually participate and the CM wasn't doing anything else. They didn't have the costume my daughter wanted in stock in her size so that was a bit of a bummer because I didn't bring a costume expecting to buy one. DD rolled with it. In the end, it was probably better because it was so hot in July. She was probably cooler in her shorts and t shirt.

Both times, there was no PhotoPass Photographer for us. I would definitely bring a camera. The first time there was a PP photographer outside PL who took my daughter's photo next to the PL sign after we finished the process. The second time, there was not a PP photographer in site anywhere around the area.

Makeup remover wipes are helpful. They do give you one in your treasure bag to take with you (you get quite a few things - my girl loved the treasure bag), but depending on who much make-up is applied it may not be sufficient. We didn't really have an issue with the makeup running either time. In fact, my DD went swimming the first time when she did the mermaid package, and it stayed on pretty well. In July, her she did the empress package, and there is minimal make-up with that package so while we didn't have an issue, I could see someone who does the package where their entire face is covered in make-up might have an issue.

I attached some photos, but I'm not sure how relevant it will be given you have a son who is likely to choose different packages.

Attachments

• 12814561_10154087550694382_8888469018206200986_n.jpg
    12814561_10154087550694382_8888469018206200986_n.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1621988_10154087550729382_1145401591329134796_n.jpg
    1621988_10154087550729382_1145401591329134796_n.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 13
  • PL.2.jpg
    PL.2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 14
  • PL.jpg
    PL.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Truly one of the best (only?) bargains in WDW! We did this with our girls last October, and for the amount of swag that comes with it, not to mention the good half-hour of personalized attention and really the whole amazing experience, I was so happy with our Pirates League experience. They (and maybe their dad too) were so wowed by the secret room we got to go into after the makeover. We had a PhotoPass photographer just outside the store who took some pics in front of the Pirates League sign.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter