Tell Me About Packing Cubes

HeyGirlHey

Earning My Ears
I keep seeing people profess their love for packing cubes. I LOVE anything that makes things easier, more organized and prettier to look at. I just have a hard time understanding the appeal. Tell me why you love them and how they help you out! Thanks!!

I love my packing cubes! They help me keep everything sorted, and they compact everything so I can fit more into the space. What I love best is what they call a packing garment folder. It is a big envelope that comes with a small folding board. I use that for all of my tops, and it holds a lot!

I too have the garment folder. Great for shirts you want to keep wrinkles to a minimum. I have one for shirts and my wife has a larger one for dresses.

We use the different colored cubes for each of us. Roll everything to maximize space. Shorts in one cube, shirts in another, etc.
Get to you destination and leave everything in the cubes and move to drawers. We do split stays and this makes it quick to move about.

They are also exceptionally helpful if you are going to be living out of luggage, instead of unpacking. My son just went on a trip to Costa Rica with one of his classes over spring break. They were there for 9 days, and went between an airport hotel and 3 different eco lodges. He basically lived out of his duffel, so having all his tshirts in one cube, all his shorts in another, etc was super helpful rather than having to dig through the entire bag every morning.

I'm so glad someone asked this! DH and I are doing our first split stay in September and I was thinking of using the cubes and packing everything for the first resort in one suitcase and then packing everything for the second resort in the other suitcase.

We do that, works great.
I love packing cubes. Everyone has their own color. Super easy for kids to choose one thing from each, as shirt here, socks there...if someone needs a different shirt- easy to find.
Great to keep shoes away from clothes. Our smallest ones hold all chargers and headphones.
I, too, put them in drawers. I still wipe out the drawers because I’m careful about things like that, and I like knowing our unmentionables and everything else are relatively protected.

OMG. Seriously, i cannot gush enough about my packing cubes. We have a set from amazon, i'll link below, but it is a set of 6 pieces. 2 Large, 2 medium and 2 oblong. DH and I can pack enough for a weekend in one medium cube. Our girls can pack enough for a weekend in the oblong cube, or the weekend in a medium cube if i put their shoes in there too. We each have a set of our own, each a different color. I love this for various reasons, LOL. Like you said, making things organized and pretty makes my heart happy. So, theres that. Also, this way i can put everyone's clothes in one suitcase or bag for a weekend trip and when the girls need to change, they each just to go the bag, grab their color cube and find their clothes. They can also share a drawer in the dresser of the hotel because their clothes dont get mixed.

Then, on a longer trip, like when we go to WDW, we can separate by clothes type, or by outfit. The girls each have a medium for shirts, another for pants or shorts, and then socks and underwear in the oblong and shoes in the other oblong. Makes their suitcases much easier to pack too, because i can pack the cubes around breakables and they fit nicely, like tetris. Also, they can again share a suitcase because their stuff is divided easily by colored cube. My DH thought they were stupid at first, because i asked for 3 sets for the girls for my birthday. But as soon as he didn't have to ask me to find the baby's clothes in the suitcase, and also when our preschooler could get her own clothes without making the suitcase explode with everyone elses stuff, he was sold. The organization is just amazing, they save space and you can also use them in the parks. We use one to hold diapers and another to hold our electronic gear, chargers and whatnot. They make everything so easy and they have mesh fronts so you can see whats inside. Easy Peasy.

Sorry this was so long, i just really like my cubes!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078W1JYZV/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OMG. Seriously, i cannot gush enough about my packing cubes.

My DH thought they were stupid at first, because i asked for 3 sets for the girls for my birthday. But as soon as he didn't have to ask me to find the baby's clothes in the suitcase, and also when our preschooler could get her own clothes without making the suitcase explode with everyone elses stuff, he was sold. The organization is just amazing, they save space and you can also use them in the parks. We use one to hold diapers and another to hold our electronic gear, chargers and whatnot. They make everything so easy and they have mesh fronts so you can see whats inside. Easy Peasy.

I bought some ebags on a lightning deal. Dh is skeptical but I like the idea of it being easy to unpack and keeping everything organized. Looking forward to using them next trip!

:teeth::teeth:
We do that, works great.
I love packing cubes. Everyone has their own color. Super easy for kids to choose one thing from each, as shirt here, socks there...if someone needs a different shirt- easy to find.
Great to keep shoes away from clothes. Our smallest ones hold all chargers and headphones.
I, too, put them in drawers. I still wipe out the drawers because I’m careful about things like that, and I like knowing our unmentionables and everything else are relatively protected.

You had me at “protected unmentionables”!! :)

OMG. Seriously, i cannot gush enough about my packing cubes. We have a set from amazon, i'll link below, but it is a set of 6 pieces. 2 Large, 2 medium and 2 oblong. DH and I can pack enough for a weekend in one medium cube. Our girls can pack enough for a weekend in the oblong cube, or the weekend in a medium cube if i put their shoes in there too. We each have a set of our own, each a different color. I love this for various reasons, LOL. Like you said, making things organized and pretty makes my heart happy. So, theres that. Also, this way i can put everyone's clothes in one suitcase or bag for a weekend trip and when the girls need to change, they each just to go the bag, grab their color cube and find their clothes. They can also share a drawer in the dresser of the hotel because their clothes dont get mixed.

Then, on a longer trip, like when we go to WDW, we can separate by clothes type, or by outfit. The girls each have a medium for shirts, another for pants or shorts, and then socks and underwear in the oblong and shoes in the other oblong. Makes their suitcases much easier to pack too, because i can pack the cubes around breakables and they fit nicely, like tetris. Also, they can again share a suitcase because their stuff is divided easily by colored cube. My DH thought they were stupid at first, because i asked for 3 sets for the girls for my birthday. But as soon as he didn't have to ask me to find the baby's clothes in the suitcase, and also when our preschooler could get her own clothes without making the suitcase explode with everyone elses stuff, he was sold. The organization is just amazing, they save space and you can also use them in the parks. We use one to hold diapers and another to hold our electronic gear, chargers and whatnot. They make everything so easy and they have mesh fronts so you can see whats inside. Easy Peasy.

Sorry this was so long, i just really like my cubes!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078W1JYZV/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Exactly the info I was looking for! Thank you!!

Anyone have a picture of these and how they work?

Search YouTube and Pinterest and you will find more pictures and videos than you ever needed.

I finally broke down and bought a set even though I am a great packer without them, but they do help me stay a bit more organized and helps open up a bit more space in some of my luggage. I will suggest that you still watch weight limits. I know some people use these as they can get more into their luggage, but they forget to check the weight of that luggage.

I like packing cubes because:

1) they make sharing suitcases easier (especially useful if your party is staying in separate rooms at your destination)
2) when you open a suitcase, nothing will fall out on the floor (think of adding a last minute item to a suitcase in the middle of the airport0
3) they help keep clothes rolled tightly or folded neatly

I like to use a laundry lingerie bag as one of my "cubes" so I have it to do laundry if need be.

I like packing cubes because:

1) they make sharing suitcases easier (especially useful if your party is staying in separate rooms at your destination)
2) when you open a suitcase, nothing will fall out on the floor (think of adding a last minute item to a suitcase in the middle of the airport0
3) they help keep clothes rolled tightly or folded neatly

I like to use a laundry lingerie bag as one of my "cubes" so I have it to do laundry if need be.

Thank you for this!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!