TEAM DONALD--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge

QOTD for Tuesday
As we are now in our last days as Team Donald it is a good time to reflect back on what we have gained or learned.
What is one piece of advice, inspiration or information that you will take away from Team Donald?

"[/B].

a) Keep swimming - don't know who said it, but I have never forgot it.

b) All the practical advice re public accountability (how do you start a thread here - I want to share the journey as to how a former 360 lb woman becomes a half marathoner...)

c) Just that there is a wonderful group of folks on this list - I am sooo glad I "coached" for a week to get in the discipline of reading and drinking in all that I read, even if I don't always get time to post.

You folks are the best.

To tell you the truth the merge is a bit intimidating, the big thread, and all.

But I have stuck around longer than I ever have in this challenge, so I am happy about that.:thumbsup2

The lady that kept me sane last year in the hospital is back in - prayers for her please. She has Chron's, is expecting more surgery and there is not much left to take.

She is still the most positive person I know. When you ask her how she is, she's says "not too bad". Few people would say that in the hospital, in pain, waiting for surgery, unable to eat and drink with a tube stuck up their nose.

Go Donna! You are the best!

Linda

:tinker::donald:

Hi Donalds! Just a reminder--Please continue to include your team name when you send in your weight, HH points, etc. It will make book keeping matters much easier. The lists are divided by team and with over 200 names that is a lot to sort through. :goodvibes

Just a quick pop-in to say I've really enjoyed being a member of Team Donald:thumbsup2 Thanks to all of you for the encouragement to continue on my journey. I seem to be stuck right now between 27 and 28 pounds lost on any given day and I'm ready to break through that and get to 30 pounds lost and then more.

As for the last 2 QOTD's.......I am most proud that I kept up my running over the Winter. I didn't get out there every week and I didn't always enjoy it but I kept it up just enough that I am still able to run for 2.5 miles in 37 minutes. I want to improve on that and then get it up to 3.1 miles. There were some very cold runs and even some in the rain that were not pleasant.
And, over the past 11 weeks, I could have worked harder on the nutrition side. I still have the mentality that I can be a little slack since I've exercized that day.

Well, Donalds, we still have 8 weeks left in our challenge!!! That's enough time to really see some good results. Let's really re-committ ourselves to this as we merge the 2 teams into one and work hard so that we can hit Summer in good shape. I'm going to set a reasonable goal for me that I CAN lose 8 pounds over the next 8 weeks. That will put me at 35 pounds lost total:banana:

Good Luck Donalds:wizard:

Shawnprincess:

QOTD for Thursday

We have posted or thought about our regrets. Now they are gone, it is a new day, and we leave those negative thoughts behind and focus on the positive.

What is at least one thing that you are PROUD of yourself for in the last 11 weeks? Big or small, weight loss or health related, or anything else.

I've stuck it out here for almost 11 weeks (I forgot so I joined late). Usually I'm gone by week 5 or 6.
I'm also making conscious decisions about what I eat and drink.

Hi! I am Haley. I am joining y'all this week. I am really excited.

I have two kiddos. Since I am done having kids I am determined to get in shape. I am doing weight watchers and training for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012.

off to read the first page!

Welcome aboard Haley!!!!!!
I'm gearing up for the Princess 1/2 as well!!

Good evening team Donald!!

Qotd- I am most proud that i kept up with the running and followed through with my plan to do the princess half, and did it. Probably just as proud that I am still getting out there after the princess, and getting my runs in, even though they aren't as much fun without a disney race in the future.

I was so bummed to come home from work to find no internet or phone. Can't get verizon to come til saturday, so I don't know if I'll be on tomorrow. I came to the library tonight because I wanted to say hello to all my friends here on team donald. Thank you so much for all the inspiration and support you have given to me over the past 11 weeks. I feel like I am really on a good track, and know I would not be this far without you all here. Looking forward to getting all the bl gang together again. I'll see you all over on the main thread soon!!

Thanks LTS for coaching this past week. Great questions, and I love that sign. I need one. :rotfl:

:wave2: Happy last day of Donalds!

Finally got a pedicure today! :cool1: I have only had once before and it was years ago. I am pretty anxious about anyone touching my feet but I went to a day spa nearby and the lady that did it was wonderful and she was very careful around my scars and sensitive spots. Now my toesies look all purty in my Mickey Fit Flops! I won't take photos of that but I will try to get a picture of my new hairdo and post it.

I'm working at the high school tomorrow morning helping with Snow Cone distribution at lunch and then taking DD to get her shoulder evaluated and make a decision about whether she will be able to swim again. But we pretty much know the answer. :(

The WISH Biggest Loser 11 Spring Challenge Week 11 Donald Superstars!!

#10- .80% ChrisinNJ
#9- .90% DisneylandEmily
#8- 1.00% lovetoscrap
#6- 1.01% missoutandabout
#6- 1.01 % TimonTracy
#4- 1.10% tink_lover
#4- 1.10% princess_reject
#3- 1.46% disney1990
#2- 1.82% Dreamer24
and now
The WISH Biggest Loser 11 Spring Challenge
Week 11 Team Donald Biggest Loser is:
#1- 2.01% yourMaire83

Have a healthy day!
Congratulations yourMaire83 !!!
Congratulations to our Biggest Losers and to yourMaire83!party:

Hi! I am Haley. I am joining y'all this week. I am really excited.

I have two kiddos. Since I am done having kids I am determined to get in shape. I am doing weight watchers and training for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012. !
:welcome: haleyknits! Great to have you here even if just for a day! :) Make sure you jump on the moving truck with us to the other thread. No one gets left behind.:stitch:

I wanted to take a second to thank everyone who has worked so hard while we were running 3 threads. Thanks you to donac (Dona) for hostessing the Donald thread.:goodvibes Thank you to mikamah (Kathy) and mommyof2pirates (Lindsay) for keeping up the QOTDs on the team threads. Thank you to all the coaches on both threads--everyone has done a fabulous job!

Thank you to cclovesdis for hosting our Healthy Habits and to Connie for hosting WIN--I have to double check but I believe we are taking our measurements this week.:goodvibes

Thank you especially to tigger813 (Tracey) for being the weight keeper. We have had well over 200 people sign up this challenge. That's a lot of names to sort through each week, in addition to providing stats for two teams.
Thank you so much to all those that are keeping this challenge going. :flower3::worship: And to you Rose&Mike for coordinating it all. I hope you all know what a difference you are making in my life. :grouphug:

Off to the dentist for a crown which is my least favorite thing in the world. I'd rather go to the gynecologist.:lmao:
:scared1:

I'm so proud to be number 2! I worked hard last week and I'm glad it showed!

I am at a point where I have been to before, plataued and then ended up giving up and going back up. I am going to work hard, continue to get past this and head down!
:cheer2: You can do it! :cheer2:

I have lots of things to celebrate since the first of the year but for this QOTD I'm going to go with starting the Princess and being ready to try again next year even though I didn't finish as I had hoped. princess:

As for the last 2 QOTD's.......I am most proud that I kept up my running over the Winter. I didn't get out there every week and I didn't always enjoy it but I kept it up just enough that I am still able to run for 2.5 miles in 37 minutes. I want to improve on that and then get it up to 3.1 miles. There were some very cold runs and even some in the rain that were not pleasant.
And, over the past 11 weeks, I could have worked harder on the nutrition side. I still have the mentality that I can be a little slack since I've exercized that day.

I've stuck it out here for almost 11 weeks (I forgot so I joined late). Usually I'm gone by week 5 or 6.

All amazing things to be proud of. :goodvibes

Good Thursday afternoon Team Donald. Sorry that I didn't get on this morning. I woke up in a funk after a dream in the last hour of my sleep. It was about something that has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks and may not resolve itself for another couple of weeks.
Sounds like a :hug: is needed

Terrible tragedy this week - the lawyer I did the trial with found his 16 year old sone dead last Sunday.

Just awful, its all I can think about. No parent should have to face that, no one at all.
:sad1: That is so awful. Thought and love go out to that family.

Well, Donalds, we still have 8 weeks left in our challenge!!! That's enough time to really see some good results. Let's really re-committ ourselves to this as we merge the 2 teams into one and work hard so that we can hit Summer in good shape. I'm going to set a reasonable goal for me that I CAN lose 8 pounds over the next 8 weeks. That will put me at 35 pounds lost total:banana:
Absolutely! This can be a new beginning if you need it to be. I have 5 more pounds to get to my goal I sent in. Since I am unsure what the week of traveling will bring I am going to leave it there, but am POSITIVE that I will be there by the end of this challenge, and am hoping to be over it.

I have enjoyed coaching and thanks everyone for answering the questions! Glad it is over because I can't think of anything else to ask!

Well, except for one thing:

Does everyone have their moving buddy? If you don't have one, get one!

Toy-Story-Chase-560x327.jpg

We don't want to lose anyone in the move.

5468955247_012bf7685c.jpg

I found us a moving company to make sure we get everything we need to the other thread.

SP-WM170-bi-Goofy-Donald.jpg

I was trying to imagine what kind of movers we could get to help us and this is all I could come up with.

imagination_movers.jpg

But no matter what happens always remember:

swimming.gif

Funny, Pamela, I think of you as having beautiful, blonde hair! :goodvibes

Oh... you're sweet! Have a great spring break!!

Good Thursday afternoon Team Donald. Sorry that I didn't get on this morning. I woke up in a funk after a dream in the last hour of my sleep. It was about something that has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks and may not resolve itself for another couple of weeks.

I am very excited about the new part of this challenge. It will be strange not to say good morning to Team DOnald tomorrow morning.

I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone here and I hope that you continue. It will be a little crazy the first couple of week while you get to know everyone but it will be fun.

I may be back on later but I have yoga tonight.

Have happy and healthy evening.

We are glad to have you here, even if it is late and brief!! Hope yoga went well!

Good Luck Donalds:wizard:

Shawnprincess:

Nice job with the continued running! I ran outside this weekend a bit because the weather was decent (not warm, but reasonable and sunny) and I felt like I was wheezing for about two hours after (no asthma)... just wasn't worth it. I'll stick to the TM until the weather improves here!

I am always so impressed with you ladies who run outside, no matter what the weather!!

Thanks for the reminder of ALL we can do in eight weeks!

QOTD for Thursday

We have posted or thought about our regrets. Now they are gone, it is a new day, and we leave those negative thoughts behind and focus on the positive.

What is at least one thing that you are PROUD of yourself for in the last 11 weeks? Big or small, weight loss or health related, or anything else.

And I am so glad you have stuck it out as well! Enjoy your scrapping weekend!!

Good evening team Donald!!

Qotd- I am most proud that i kept up with the running and followed through with my plan to do the princess half, and did it. Probably just as proud that I am still getting out there after the princess, and getting my runs in, even though they aren't as much fun without a disney race in the future.

I was so bummed to come home from work to find no internet or phone. Can't get verizon to come til saturday, so I don't know if I'll be on tomorrow. I came to the library tonight because I wanted to say hello to all my friends here on team donald. Thank you so much for all the inspiration and support you have given to me over the past 11 weeks. I feel like I am really on a good track, and know I would not be this far without you all here. Looking forward to getting all the bl gang together again. I'll see you all over on the main thread soon!!

Thanks LTS for coaching this past week. Great questions, and I love that sign. I need one. :rotfl:

Sorry about Verizon. We have them too, but fortunately don't have problems too often. Hopefully it will get taken care of quickly and you will be back on with us!

You ARE on a great track! You ran a half marathon!!!....:worship: And you are continuing to keep up your running! That is super!

I have enjoyed coaching and thanks everyone for answering the questions! Glad it is over because I can't think of anything else to ask!

I found us a moving company to make sure we get everything we need to the other thread.

I was trying to imagine what kind of movers we could get to help us and this is all I could come up with.

imagination_movers.jpg

swimming.gif

OH MY GOSH.... I was just coming on to talk about finding a moving buddy!! You beat me to it... plus you have pictures!

Everybody pack up their determination and motivation, make sure the box is secure, and load it up in Mickey's truck! We've gotta take it along with us to the merge! We've done such a great job so far!

I will be on the main thread to chat in the morning a bit (probably after I drive DD to school AGAIN....:headache: ). Then I'll need to get in my workout and pack up for tomorrow night's swim meet at Harvard (gotta pack up dinner and snacks and drinks for DD and myself, plus reading materials and a comfy seat cushion.... and plenty of cash for Boston parking and a special souvenir sweatshirt for DD!).

But my weekend is FREE!!! I think I'll take DS to the movies on Saturday to see the latest HP movie at the second run theater. He has only read the books this winter and is just finishing up the other movies. We got #6 at the library tonight and he will watch it tomorrow, so he'll be ready for #7, part 1.
He might invite a friend... hasn't decided yet. But I definitely feel like he needs some "Mom" time after this long swim season.

I have NO REASON to think that tomorrow's weigh in won't be great! I've eaten RIGHT on plan all week and had great workouts!! If the weigh-in isn't what I think it should be, the only other plan could possibly be to start eating MORE. I haven't been eating my weekly Flex Points and occasionally don't eat all of my daily points.... so that could be the only thing that keeps me from having a good weigh in tomorrow! Here's to hoping that EVERYONE has a great weigh-in!! See you all tomorrow!...................P

imagination_movers.jpg

swimming.gif

This was great!!! I am not very creative. I posted a link on the Mickey thread and said see you all on the new thread!:rotfl:

See you all in the morning!:goodvibes

OH MY GOSH.... I was just coming on to talk about finding a moving buddy!! You beat me to it... plus you have pictures!

Everybody pack up their determination and motivation, make sure the box is secure, and load it up in Mickey's truck! We've gotta take it along with us to the merge! We've done such a great job so far!

Oh my the pressure!!! Who is my moving buddy???? I need a buddy!!!

I promise to get up early tomorrow and find my buddy before I leave for the
Cape.

I heard there were bets on how many times a day I'll be on the DIS this weekend. What are the odds? Should I bet on myself too?

ARGH! Trying to upload photos but Photobucket and my computer are not getting along apparently. :mad: Still trying. . .

Okay, before the move, here are some photos. I don't have really great before photos but I found a few from my heaviest that hopefully you can get an idea from.

The first 2 (brown shirt) are from the beginning of April 2010 and the 3rd (pink shirt) is from 2 weeks ago. Not sure that you can really see much of a difference.

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg
pic3.jpg

And my hair. I tried to get a face photo but DH made me crack up so I am making horrible embarrassing faces:
hair1.jpg
hair2.jpg

imagination_movers.jpg

swimming.gif

I love this see you on the other thread.

Welcome to the New Thread

Oh my the pressure!!! Who is my moving buddy???? I need a buddy!!!

I promise to get up early tomorrow and find my buddy before I leave for the
Cape.

I heard there were bets on how many times a day I'll be on the DIS this weekend. What are the odds? Should I bet on myself too?

Don't worry! I'll be your moving buddy! Are you ready? Need any help packing up?? I'm great at packing..... here is your list!

1. Motivation to be healthier

2. Determination to NEVER QUIT.

3. Long-term PLAN.

4. Friends to help and support you along the way.

GOT ALL THAT?? If you do, you are ready for the move!! I've got a few extra boxes and packing tape if you need it!! If not, I'll see you at the new "home"!

Okay, before the move, here are some photos. I don't have really great before photos but I found a few from my heaviest that hopefully you can get an idea from.

The first 2 (brown shirt) are from the beginning of April 2010 and the 3rd (pink shirt) is from 2 weeks ago. Not sure that you can really see much of a difference.

I SO see the difference in the pictures! Especially in your face and neck!! I love the hair color.... and you are so pretty and so much younger looking than I imagined! You need to ditch that signature picture and put in a new one! See you over at the new thread!!

Okay friends! Has everyone made the big move? Obviously I'm having trouble separating myself from this thread!! :lmao: I'm heading over there now though!..................P

I know we are moving today, but I really wanted to answer yesterday's QOTD and I never got time yesterday :confused3

So...what am I most proud of since this challenge began? I actually just discovered it yesterday but it is kind of a long story, so bear with me ;)

When my DFi and I first started dating I was at my all time lowest adult weight. then, as we got comfortable in our relationship, I slowly gained back almost all of the wieght I had previously lost. My DFi is very fit and can easily build muscle and lose fat and as I gained weight, he began to comment on my gain a little. It was never mean, but he would ask "should you really be eating that?" and things like that when he thought I was making bad choices. At the time it made me angry, but just yesterday it clicked for me :idea:...he wasn't trying to be mean; it was just hard for him to watch me, the person he loved, intentionally do things that were harmful to myself. It was kind of an epiphany...every time I eat something bad or skip a workout, I am only hurting myself, so I need to do my very best to make good decisions for myself.

That is all. See you on the other thread Donalds!

beth

I know we are moving today, but I really wanted to answer yesterday's QOTD and I never got time yesterday :confused3

So...what am I most proud of since this challenge began? I actually just discovered it yesterday but it is kind of a long story, so bear with me ;)

When my DFi and I first started dating I was at my all time lowest adult weight. then, as we got comfortable in our relationship, I slowly gained back almost all of the wieght I had previously lost. My DFi is very fit and can easily build muscle and lose fat and as I gained weight, he began to comment on my gain a little. It was never mean, but he would ask "should you really be eating that?" and things like that when he thought I was making bad choices. At the time it made me angry, but just yesterday it clicked for me :idea:...he wasn't trying to be mean; it was just hard for him to watch me, the person he loved, intentionally do things that were harmful to myself. It was kind of an epiphany...every time I eat something bad or skip a workout, I am only hurting myself, so I need to do my very best to make good decisions for myself.

That is all. See you on the other thread Donalds!

beth

Good for you for being MATURE enough to see that he is just wanting the best for you!

I think I've beenon BOTH ends of this situation.... and both ends are HARD!!
Maybe you could talk to him about his approach. Maybe it is the WAY he is saying it that is so bothersome. Perhaps he could use some sort of key word or phrase... sort of a CODE that let you know that he is concerned about you getting off track.

I'm struggling with this with DH right now. For a LONG time I said NOTHING, no matter what he ate. He KNEW..... in his head and in his heart, that he was not doing himself any good. He KNOWS he has a strong family history of diabetes! He didn't need me to remind him. But NOW that he has lost some weight (initially due to his accident, now intentionally), he is making an effort.... but he doesn't always know the impact of what he is eating. I try to subtly let him know about the calories/points in what he is choosing. Or I might make him a meal and let him know the points when I present it. HE isn't doing WW or any "formal" weight loss plan.... but I think it is important to have some understanding of what you are consuming! I'm hoping, someday, he will ask about getting on the WW plan. It would be relatively easy, since that is how I live my life! I could help him SO MUCH! But I refuse to do it FOR HIM! He needs to want it and read about it and work for it.

Anyhow.... glad you are working things out between you and DFi and this whole "healthy journey" thing! .................P

Okay friends! Has everyone made the big move? Obviously I'm having trouble separating myself from this thread!!
(they said we could still chat here so I want to at least respond to these ;) )

1. Motivation to be healthier

2. Determination to NEVER QUIT.

3. Long-term PLAN.

4. Friends to help and support you along the way.

GOT ALL THAT??
What a GREAT list! Going into my inpsiration file.
I SO see the difference in the pictures! Especially in your face and neck!! I love the hair color.... and you are so pretty and so much younger looking than I imagined! You need to ditch that signature picture and put in a new one!
Thanks. :blush:
I have tried to change out my signature picture before but I get PM's and posts protesting and asking me to put it back in! I want to add some of the WISH clippies so I tried to size it down to an avatar but got distracted. I will have to work on that. . . .in my free time:rotfl2:

At the time it made me angry, but just yesterday it clicked for me :idea:...he wasn't trying to be mean; it was just hard for him to watch me, the person he loved, intentionally do things that were harmful to myself. It was kind of an epiphany...every time I eat something bad or skip a workout, I am only hurting myself, so I need to do my very best to make good decisions for myself.
That is wonderful. Give him a big ole kiss and thank him for caring. :)

Another loss this week - 1.5 pounds. Still going to the gym at least 3 days a week.

Disney1990
Team Donald

That is great!:cheer2: Did you PM it to tigger?

Yes, I sent it to Tigger. I definitely agree, your pictures look great, so much better than the signature picture you have been using. You can definitely tell you have have lost weight. Congrats!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!