Teachers (particularly Elem!)-help me!

DawnM

DIS Veteran
I am in charge of decorating our bulletin board in the hallway (by Wed for open house!) and I am just not great at bulletin boards. This is for a middle school but I know the Elem. folks tends to be great at these! But anyone can help, really.....

This is just a "welcome back" type board. What should I put on there?

And please don't say, "Google it" or "check pintrest." If those were helping, I wouldn't be asking.

What would you put up there or what should it look like?

Thanks!

Who is this bulletin board for? If it's a generic school one, put a nice background up and a big welcome. If it's for a group, (sport, grade level, etc.) then put stuff on that identifies and/or informs about the group. Maybe some info about upcoming events?

A local school posted a bulletin board that said 'Everyone Excells ' Over the first week of school they added student snapshots of all the students in the school on the letters.

Maybe something like that?

I am new to the school so I don't have pictures of anyone and won't be able to get them before Open House, but cute ideas and I will save that for later.

I am new to the school so I don't have pictures of anyone and won't be able to get them before Open House, but cute ideas and I will save that for later.

Maybe the names of the staff inside lightbulbs? "thinking good thoughts for the new school year" or some such?

You're sweet to take it on for a new school!

I hate bulletin boards. I've done variations of welcome back with Mickey ears (welcome back Mouseketeers) and the kids write or sign their name and decorate their ears at open house and staple it up on the board. I've also done owls (whooos ready to learn), etc. This way the kids get excited because their decorated name tag is up on the board. I usually do Mickey ears because my whole room is Disney. It's a rough life for Universal fans in my classroom.

I work with two Pinterest perfect teachers. Their bulletin boards are always perfect. Sometimes I hate them lol.

I liked one that was a movie theme. It said NOW SHOWING: MRS. SMITH'S CLASS. STARRING: Then there were cut out's of stars with each student's name. The boarder was decorated with pictures of popcorn buckets full of popcorn, clapperboards, movie tickets etc. (all made with construction paper.)

I guess I should specify. This is the hallway and I am a counselor. This is a welcome back to school for the 500 students in my grade level.

I am thinking of maybe doing an Emoji themed wall (from TeachersPayTeachers) with hashtags of #GreatYear(my school's name), and #DoingMyBest2017, #GreatToBeBack, etc.....

I have been trying hard tonight to figure out what to do. Since the Emoji movie just came out, this might be a good theme???

I am thinking of maybe doing an Emoji themed wall (from TeachersPayTeachers) with hashtags of #GreatYear(my school's name), and #DoingMyBest2017, #GreatToBeBack, etc.....

I have been trying hard tonight to figure out what to do. Since the Emoji movie just came out, this might be a good theme???

I think that is a great idea!

I'm an elementary school principal so I often help with the common bulletin boards throughout the school.

I love the "Change Your Words, Change Your Mindset" board we have up right now. We found it on Google, but Teachers Pay Teachers has a lot of ready-made sets. Print, put up, and done!

I'm an elementary school principal so I often help with the common bulletin boards throughout the school.

I love the "Change Your Words, Change Your Mindset" board we have up right now. We found it on Google, but Teachers Pay Teachers has a lot of ready-made sets. Print, put up, and done!

I was looking at that one for my office.

Another quick idea...Google "Be bulletin board." It's also available on Teachers Pay Teachers.

Yes, I have that one pinned on Pintrest for my office too. I like it a lot. I just know for this one they wanted more of a welcome back to school type theme.

The 6th grade hall has a huge "WELCOME BACK" sign and then letters last year's 6th graders wrote to the new 6th graders on what to expect their first year of middle school. I wasn't at the school last year, so I have nothing! I was in a high school last year.

Thanks guys. And any more suggests are welcomed. I will have plenty of opportunity to do bulletin boards this year!

Collaboration LOL

There's at least one person there with a bunch of pictures.

In my school the payroll secretary, one of the APs, guidance counselor and the parent coordinator have are like the paparazzi.

You could take a few group shots on your phone, then have them printed over the weekend

The 6th grade hall has a huge "WELCOME BACK" sign and then letters last year's 6th graders wrote to the new 6th graders on what to expect their first year of middle school. I wasn't at the school last year, so I have nothing! I was in a high school last year.

I love this idea! I going to try to remember it for Sept 2018

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter