Teach Me

I am Grumpy

Earning My Ears
I have been lurking here for about a month. It seems that a lot of you folks go to Disney more in one year than I have in my life :-).
I have been 3 times, in 1974 with my sister and parents and only the Magic Kingdom existed then, Honeymoon in 1985 then in 2007 with my wife and 2 sons staying at fort wilderness in our RV. My oldest is married and I have a 3 year old granddaughter. My Son wants all of us to go when she is 7 and stay on property. So I will be planning for our 2023 trip. Thank you all in advance for the help.

what would you like to know first about planning a Disney vacation?
Thanks for asking but at this time we are just starting to even think about planning this adventure. My son has declared that he, his wife, and daughter will be staying on property. There are right now 14 people on the plans for this trip, because of distance we are all together about 4 times a year and Thanksgiving is one of those times so my son wants to start the first talks of planning then. I will be asking questions as we go along. First question are there rooms that can hold a large number of people?

I think 5 is the number of people you can fit in a room.. (Port Orleans - Riverside and Art of animation can both fit five) You probably won't want any more than that anyway. Your best bet for that many people is several rooms. Think of how much time you'll be in the room or if you are just there to sleep and shower. Think of your budget. Travel agencies are super for helping you plan and there are several reputable ones out there.. they are free to you or should be.

by all means.. continue lurking and asking questions here.. Disboards people are great and will have very good answers and suggestions - as you go, planning your vacation

Thanks for asking but at this time we are just starting to even think about planning this adventure. My son has declared that he, his wife, and daughter will be staying on property. There are right now 14 people on the plans for this trip, because of distance we are all together about 4 times a year and Thanksgiving is one of those times so my son wants to start the first talks of planning then. I will be asking questions as we go along. First question are there rooms that can hold a large number of people?
14? No
Over 4 or 5? Yes
Some choices to look in to
Grand Villas with DVC
Treehouses with DVC at Saratoga
Cabins at Ft Wilderness (the only non-DVC option)
You have a whole lot of choices that sleep 5. Plug in 5 to MDE and you'll see all the choices that come up.
Though personally, I'd put each family unit in their own space and just pick a single resort. You can request close together, even connecting, if you want. Though your own space will be very important to wind down some each day

I have been lurking here for about a month. It seems that a lot of you folks go to Disney more in one year than I have in my life :-).
I have been 3 times, in 1974 with my sister and parents and only the Magic Kingdom existed then, Honeymoon in 1985 then in 2007 with my wife and 2 sons staying at fort wilderness in our RV. My oldest is married and I have a 3 year old granddaughter. My Son wants all of us to go when she is 7 and stay on property. So I will be planning for our 2023 trip. Thank you all in advance for the help.
Welcome! Do you still have an RV of some type? The Fort is still a wonderful place to stay!
If not, the Fort is still a wonderful place to stay! LOL

Welcome! Do you still have an RV of some type? The Fort is still a wonderful place to stay!
If not, the Fort is still a wonderful place to stay! LOL
No we sold the RV when my youngest was 17. Kids didn't want to vacation with the parents LOL. My wife and I now do the hotel route. Less work. My oldest wants to get an RV sometime, who knows he may own one by the time we go.

No we sold the RV when my youngest was 17. Kids didn't want to vacation with the parents LOL. My wife and I now do the hotel route. Less work. My oldest wants to get an RV sometime, who knows he may own one by the time we go.
We went the opposite direction. Stayed in various resorts over the past 30 years or so. Bought our coach in 2014 and haven't stayed in a hotel since then. Best to you in whatever you do!

I would advise booking a villa... you can use Dave's DVC or another service to get a large villa at a discount, perhaps big enough to be shared between a few families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!