TDR Trip Report! Updated 10/12 (DisneySea, Disneyland, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Hong Kong)

bibbidibobbidibecky

The Fairy Godblogger
I walked in Disneyland in Tokyo and was like, crap, I don't know where anything is LOL! At least the Disneylands are similar enough that it's easy to figure it out. DisneySea, however, I was totally lost.

My kids always grab the maps. They like looking at them. Go figure.

@wishing4PA I'm sure your daughter will be so excited the closer you get. 2020 does sound far away! Thanks for the kind words!

Haley R

With all the strength of a raging fire
I walked in Disneyland in Tokyo and was like, crap, I don't know where anything is LOL! At least the Disneylands are similar enough that it's easy to figure it out. DisneySea, however, I was totally lost.

My kids always grab the maps. They like looking at them. Go figure.

@wishing4PA I'm sure your daughter will be so excited the closer you get. 2020 does sound far away! Thanks for the kind words!
I kept my maps and hung them on my bulletin board at home where we put all of our pins and stuff

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I thought I read that you flew from Tokyo to Hiroshima... so I skimmed back through your blog, and I found that I remember correctly... Yay me...

So DH and I are going next year, and in my planning, I took your advice and checked it out, we can fly out of Narita or Haneda to Oskas's Kansai - for around 100.00 each bucks round trip.... We want to stay in Osaka to check out Dotonbori and do day trips from there to Kyoto and the Arashiyama district. Did you use Sucia pass for the trains? or did you just pay each time?

I am just wondering if we should just get the JR Pass, for convenience sake. ? It's only for the 2 of us... We both want to ride the bullet train... plus it will be a nice way to chill out zipping along the country side for several hours... Then I think we are only going for 2 weeks, so we should watch the time... So its a matter of time management ... or experiencing the trains... ... Thoughts...

• bibbidibobbidibecky

The Fairy Godblogger
    @LovesTimone I really went back and forth with the JR pass for us. I do think it would be convenient to have it, but in the end for my family it was cheaper and shorter to fly to Hiroshima and to take the faster shinkansen from Hiroshima to Kyoto. Did you plug in where all you're going to see if it's worth it for you? It would have been for us if we had been going back to Tokyo from Kyoto. And you cannot use it for everything, like the metros are a different company.

We did not get any prepaid cards. I was going to in Hiroshima to use through Osaka, but in the end I didn't want to have to keep track of five of them or get them refunded, so I just paid as we went except I did purchase metro passes in Tokyo and that was very nice to have. It's a JR train to Arashiyama, so you could use the pass for that.

The trains are nice, but for me it's also fun to experience domestic flights and airports. And I don't think you can take the train for less than $100RT. It was such a breeze to fly, so I think I would still choose a combo of both IF it was cost-effective or comparable. The airport in Osaka is in a fairly inconvenient place, so look into that before you decide.

Tell me if you need the website where you plug in your routes to see if the pass is worth it for you.

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
    @LovesTimone I really went back and forth with the JR pass for us. I do think it would be convenient to have it, but in the end for my family it was cheaper and shorter to fly to Hiroshima and to take the faster shinkansen from Hiroshima to Kyoto. Did you plug in where all you're going to see if it's worth it for you? It would have been for us if we had been going back to Tokyo from Kyoto. And you cannot use it for everything, like the metros are a different company.

We did not get any prepaid cards. I was going to in Hiroshima to use through Osaka, but in the end I didn't want to have to keep track of five of them or get them refunded, so I just paid as we went except I did purchase metro passes in Tokyo and that was very nice to have. It's a JR train to Arashiyama, so you could use the pass for that.

The trains are nice, but for me it's also fun to experience domestic flights and airports. And I don't think you can take the train for less than $100RT. It was such a breeze to fly, so I think I would still choose a combo of both IF it was cost-effective or comparable. The airport in Osaka is in a fairly inconvenient place, so look into that before you decide.

Tell me if you need the website where you plug in your routes to see if the pass is worth it for you.

That would be great if you could give me the website...
    As well I posted our rough draft, If you have time will you take a look at it, and tell me what you think...

• LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
    LOL :rotfl2:- When I read the name of the restaurant, I about spit my coffee out all over my desk, I started laughing so hard.... really laughing out loud... :rotfl2:.... OMG so dang funny...

Thanks for a great trip report... and a really good laugh this morning....

bibbidibobbidibecky

The Fairy Godblogger
    LOL :rotfl2:- When I read the name of the restaurant, I about spit my coffee out all over my desk, I started laughing so hard.... really laughing out loud... :rotfl2:.... OMG so dang funny...

Thanks for a great trip report... and a really good laugh this morning....
    I'm so glad it gave you a laugh :rotfl2: Apparently it means good fortune for your mouth LOL. I really didn't notice it until I said it out loud. You're welcome hahaha

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates