Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacific / review

webray

Love the wineauxs!
Well, it is finally open, and it is wonderful. The interior alone is worth the trip. The hanging flower lights (done by the same artist who did the flower ceiling at the bellagio in Las Vegas), the water wall, the bar area, the whole place is beautiful.

We had an excellent service team, John was the leader. He explained how things were run, told us how all the drinks from the bar (very tasty by the way) are made with all fresh juices (like if you have orange juice in your drink, they squeeze it fresh right there), nothing canned or bottled. They make their own sweet/sour mixes, etc. Very nice.

The menu is excellent and very reasonably priced. Hubby and I each had appetizer, entree and dessert and it came to $56 without tip. Dress is resort casual...enforced more at dinner than lunch, as they know people will come from the parks for lunch. Just no tank tops or ripped/frayed shorts/jeans

For appetizers we had the dumplings and tempura blue crab claws with Emeril's slaw,
Both excellent!

For entree, hubby had the clay pot of the day (filled with scallops, mussels, shrimp and lots of other stuff in a lemon grass broth...very delicious). I had the Steamed fish of the day in banana leaf with rice and chile salsa...It was mahi mahi, I don't know what they did to it, but it was definately the best mahi mahi I have ever had.

For dessert, I had the Coconut creme brulee and hubby had the Banana Cheesecake with homemade banana syrup...both excellent.

We made another reservation before we left to come back for dinner next time we are in town. I am only sorry we missed Emeril, as he had been there the whole week, and left the day before we arrived. Reservations for the evening are filling up very quickly, there is a little more flexibility at lunch time...but I would still suggest making reservations as soon as you know you want to go. The restaurant is not real big, and once word spreads about how good it is, I think these reservations will be hard to get.

If you are visiting the parks for the day, it is easy to get to...just take the boat to the Royal Pacific, and the restaurant is very near....located on the right side...you go to the left to go into the resort...just take the sidewalk right and look for the purple lights on the walls. Hubby and I highly recommend this restaurant.

Sounds wonderful and yummy. Thanks for giving us all the details. I sure hope its' better than Emerils in CItywalk. We ate there spent 100 bucks for lunch and left ill and still hungry.LOL This sounds totally wonderful. We will check it out our next trip.

thanks for the great review - we will be at this hotel URP on March 21 - so I need to call before hand to make reservations to eat here?

Spiceycat...definately call to make reservations before you go...if you are going in March...call asap.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the review! Did you see kids dining here? Can't wait to give it a try in March:)

Great review.. thanx,

I was at RPR before the restauant opened... hard to picture it all bustling and filled with diners now..

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter