Taxis when leaving Shanghai Disneyland?

cschaaf

DIS Veteran
We're thinking of doing a park day on our trip to Shanghai. We'll be staying in Shanghai and are considering taking a taxi to and from Disney.

Does anyone know if it's common that taxis are waiting at the park exit? We'd probably leave at park close, or close to it, so I'd think that would improve the chances. Or maybe it wouldn't because no taxi would be there dropping people off.

I figured, if no taxis were waiting at park exit, we could go to one of the hotels and have them call us one.

Any thoughts?

There have been taxis every night at the Toy Story Hotel after park close.

I don't know about taxis at the park itself as I haven't seen the "road" between exiting the park and catching the bus to the hotel. You could just catch a bus to one of the hotels and grab a taxi from there.

There have been taxis every night at the Toy Story Hotel after park close.

I don't know about taxis at the park itself as I haven't seen the "road" between exiting the park and catching the bus to the hotel. You could just catch a bus to one of the hotels and grab a taxi from there.
Thank you! Seems like they'd also be at park exit, but at least we know that Plan B will work out!

Thank you! Seems like they'd also be at park exit, but at least we know that Plan B will work out!

I'm sure there would be somewhere to catch a taxi from, but I couldn't tell you where. There isn't really a 'pick up/drop off' zone that I'm aware of - I only saw the bus areas.

On both of my trips, I have just had the hotel concierge call a taxi for me, so worst case you could just take a shuttle bus to one of the hotels and do that. The shuttle buses (and hotels for that matter) are supposed to be for hotel guests only, but I was never asked for proof when getting on the shuttle bus.

The overview map says that taxi's can be found at the transport hub (to the left side of the picture).

from the info that I captured on my camera, it would be Line D, which I think is the one furthest away from the park.

If you are in the park, I'd recommend you take the Disneytown Exit out from the hub, near Tomorrowland. When you get out, you'll be at the back of Disneytown. Keep heading that way towards the transport hub. That side will take you out to the back and it will be a shorter walk than heading out the main entrance and walking around.

Sadly, I didn't see if there were taxi's waiting there or not when we left the park so I can't tell you if they were definitely there or not. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!