Taxi vs. Mears

goofyfamily41

Mouseketeer
Hello all

We are traveling to ALL Star Sports for our wdw vacation. What would you recommend for our family of four, taking a taxi from MCO or booking with Mears.

Thanks,

Goofy family 41:p :D :cool: :bounce:

I would use a town car service, I have always used Tiffany town car, but a lot of people use your-ride and have had good experiences.
It probably would be the same cost as using mears, but the town car service picks you up a the baggage claim area and takes you right to your hotel, unless you want a grocery stop. And on the day you leave they pick you up at your hotel. where as mears goes to several other hotels.
I have never taken a taxi so I do not know the cost. But if I were you I would look into a town car. I think the cost is around $80 round trip.

I agree with the others...definitely use a towncar! We stopped using Mears long ago. We used them back when we didn't know any better. Now we always use Happy Limo. We did end up using a taxi one from a WDW hotel to the airport (it was a spur of the moment overnight trip extension from a Disney cruise). The taxi was okay, but cost way more than a towncar. Mears is a cattle call!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Thanks for your help. I'll check some things out!

We are in no rush while we are at the hotel, so I assume the Disney transportation will accomodate us. We are actually switching over to OKW during our stay. I still don't see a need to rent a car for 6 nights.

:p :) :cool: :bounce:

We recently used a towncar for the first time. It was great! We used Yourride. We were at our hotel in less than hour after we landed. I will never use Mears again. The looks of envy we got from people waiting for Mears made me feel bad especially knowing they were probably paying more for the bus than we were for the towncar.

Slightly embarrased to ask, but I have no knowledge of what to tip a Limo or Towncar driver. 2adults & 2kids:confused:

the cost for my last trip was $75 round trip. I tipped each driver $10.00. You should tip at each ride, because you do not know if you will have the same driver for your return trip as you had on your trip to the hotel.

Use anything but Mears! When we were there last week, we waited (along with probably 50-100 other people) for about an hour before we were assigned to a van to the Swan. They seemed to have no system except I noticed that if you complain then you get a bus/van quicker. We are not much for complaining so we just waited and waited and waited. Plus, I think it is tacky when drivers have a sign that says "gratuities not included in fare"...... I would hope that most people know to tip...

With Yourride, what is the latest pickup time from the airport to the resorts? If plans go right, my family will be arriving after 11pm on Dec 31st. Would it be wiser to just stay at the airport Hyatt until morning?

What do you think the best deal is for 2 adults travelling to Coronado Springs? I was planning to use the Mears shuttle which is a little more than $50 round trip for both of us.
What is the best deal for towncar? Other than YourRide, what are some other services I can look at?
I'm also planning to travel last week of August, so the crowds should not be so bad in the parks, do you think that will make shuttle service a bit easier?
Thanks!

We are two adults and still use Tiffany Town Car even though it costs a little more.
Definitely worth it!!! Great way to start (and end your trip) :D
$75 round trip ....with the coupon on their site.

Took a taxi in April and there is a set rate to the resort area. Have booked a town car for my trip in July. I will never do the cattle call again.....price is not that much different and when I have traveled all day (from California) I don't want to stand in one more line on the way to my hotel.

We have used Tiffany Town cars (for our family of 5) and Mears ( just my DW and I). I had a great experience with Mears. We waited less than 2 minutes for the shuttle from MCO and WDW. From what I have read and been told THIS WAS VERY RARE!!!

My advice is that you take a town car. I tipped $15.00 each way, we had a lot of luggage, and most will make a stop at a local grocery store for you if need be. The service from Tiffany was top notch, Brian our driver was excellent.

As far as renting a car, we never have needed one with either of our trips but, we went during low attendance levels.

Is everyone not aware that Mears also offers towncars and limos in addition to their shuttle service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter