Taxi/uber/lyft??

heybets30

Mouseketeer
So we are, for the first trip in 17 trips in 11 years, not staying at a good neighbor hotel on Harbor blvd. We’re renting a VRBO with another family, and we just got the address. We’ll be near Katella/Euclid. Just far enough that walking to the parks is NOT happening. Looks like just over 2 miles to Disneyland Hotel or 3 miles to Harbor dropoff.

We’re 2 families totalling 10 people, all over age 7. I’m asking for suggestions to get to/from any entrance, to minimize fuss & effort to get into parks.

It seems silly to drive to the parking lot, pay the $20, when taxi/lyft/uber might be just about the same & we won’t have to worry about the tram, etc. we’ll have 2 cars, and we know we’d need multiple vehicles for any trips too (taxi/lyft/uber)

Any suggestions, tips/tricks would be appreciated!!! I have NEVER taken lyft/uber, so if anyone has a fee estimate, that’d be helpful!!
TIA

Go to ride.guru and price out your trips. Keep in mind you'll need to return as well. So two cars times twice a day.

I've done Uber/Lyft to DL before and it was a breeze, but there were only two of us. Leaving at park close means it will take a little while longer to get home (meaning the clock is going to running) so when you're pricing out, I would add a cushion.

The drop off point for ride share is on the far side of Downtown Disney so it will still be a little bit of a hike to get to the park gates.

Definitely price it out and compare the cost of $40/day of parking for the two vehicles. It may be a wash.

You can also use the pick/up drop off lot on Harbor. I also use the Grand Californian to get picked up only. You will not be able to be dropped off there unless you are a hotel guest.

You can also use the pick/up drop off lot on Harbor. I also use the Grand Californian to get picked up only. You will not be able to be dropped off there unless you are a hotel guest.

@msteddom, do you know where exactly they drop off at Harbor? By the bus loops etc?

Last edited:
Here now, and we are doing nothing but Uber. We’ve been picked up and dropped off each time at the harbor “taxi loop”. When I’m at the hotel I type in IHOP across the street for my drop off location, then when I’m picked up and in the car, I just ask if they can drop off in the loop, they’ve said no problem each time. For pick up, it’s been no problem them getting us from the same loop. $5.50 from the Hyatt Regency to “the harbor side loop”. Someone mentioned above the clock will be running with Uber, but remember it’s a flat fee so no “clock running fee” like with a taxi. Go on the Uber website, type in your rental home address then the IHOP on harbor address across from the entrance and it will give you an estimate. Hope that helps!

Here now, and we are doing nothing but Uber. We’ve been picked up and dropped off each time at the harbor “taxi loop”. When I’m at the hotel I type in IHOP across the street for my drop off location, then when I’m picked up and in the car, I just ask if they can drop off in the loop, they’ve said no problem each time. For pick up, it’s been no problem them getting us from the same loop. $5.50 from the Hyatt Regency to “the harbor side loop”. Someone mentioned above the clock will be running with Uber, but remember it’s a flat fee so no “clock running fee” like with a taxi. Go on the Uber website, type in your rental home address then the IHOP on harbor address across from the entrance and it will give you an estimate. Hope that helps!

Uber isn't a flat fee. They added in a time charge a while ago.

Plus don't forget if you go during a peak time (like at park closing) you might end up in the surge pricing situation. I'll second using ride.guru

How many of your "over 7" group members will still need boosters? If this will be an issue, think about how this will affect Uber/Lyft/taxi service and what you will do with the boosters during your time in the parks.
Another thought: if you'll be needing your car at all during the day, the $20 Disney parking fee allows for all day in and out privileges (as long as you keep your original parking ticket). So factor that in to the equation if you think you might need to use Uber/Lyft/taxi for more than just morning to/night from the parks each day.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. All over 7s are out of boosters due to being very tall! So we’re set. Guess we’ll have to play it by ear, good to know I can say IHOP, i kept putting in Grand Legacy as tge address I know by heart. Close enough!! We might do one huge minivan full of ppl to dropoff, return the minivan to house & last 3 ppl uber/lyft. Have the first bunch carry all the bags thru security & get in line, the rest of us come bagless & meet up.

I uber to the park all the time. Its quite easy. Just tell them you want to be dropped off at the dop off area and they usually know what to do. Hassle free. (I hate mickey and friends tram)

Lyft is better than Uber in general and they drop you off and pick you up in what used to be the 15 minute lot. That is the only place there are allowed to drop off and pick up. Do not let them drop you off without entering the drop off area, they can get a ticket and you will have to pay for it, not to mention it isn't safe.

I am staying at a RV park close to Disneyland. Can someone please tell me what exactly to put into Lyft app to get me dropped off at the right spot.

Thanks
John

I put Captain Kids as my drop off location. My Uber comes from the Convention Center area and that saves them from having to drive past DLR, do the U-Turn and pull into the Harbor drop off. They just pull into the area by Best Western Park Place Inn or if the light is red we hop out at the crosswalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter