Taxi from Toy Story Hotel to city

Duck In Blue

Mouseketeer
We are off to Shanghai at the end of the month (very excited now!) and I'm just in the process of finalising details such as the transfers.

After reading reviews on here, I've decided to book Mr Orange for the transfers from the airport to Disneyland and our hotel in Shanghai back to the airport. I would have liked to have used them from Disneyland to Shanghai too, but I'm finding it hard to decide what time to book it for. We are staying at the Toy Story Hotel for two nights, arriving in the evening before our first day in Disneyland and checking out on our second day in the park.

I've read that bell services at the hotel will organise a taxi, does anybody know if they will be able to write down the name and address of our next hotel for us in Chinese and provide us with a price so we know we aren't being ripped off? We have used taxis in other cities where English isn't widely spoken so maybe I am being over cautious here, but I'm trying to avoid anything spoiling this this trip! The taxi option would give us more flexibility so I think it would be the better option for making the most of our time at Disneyland.

I'm not sure because I haven't been to the park yet, we're going next month. But you can also download the DiDi app to get a taxi. I'm still learning about the app, but I've seen other tourists using it online using English and foreign credit cards.

I'm not sure because I haven't been to the park yet, we're going next month. But you can also download the DiDi app to get a taxi. I'm still learning about the app, but I've seen other tourists using it online using English and foreign credit cards.
I had hoped to use DiDi when were in Shanghai, but couldn't find it in the App Store. When I did some searching, people suggest that the English version has been pulled for some reason :worried:. A lot of options do come up but they are all in Chinese so I haven't a clue what any of them are! I did download one to see, but I am none the wiser :lmao:

We are off to Shanghai at the end of the month (very excited now!) and I'm just in the process of finalising details such as the transfers.

After reading reviews on here, I've decided to book Mr Orange for the transfers from the airport to Disneyland and our hotel in Shanghai back to the airport. I would have liked to have used them from Disneyland to Shanghai too, but I'm finding it hard to decide what time to book it for. We are staying at the Toy Story Hotel for two nights, arriving in the evening before our first day in Disneyland and checking out on our second day in the park.

I've read that bell services at the hotel will organise a taxi, does anybody know if they will be able to write down the name and address of our next hotel for us in Chinese and provide us with a price so we know we aren't being ripped off? We have used taxis in other cities where English isn't widely spoken so maybe I am being over cautious here, but I'm trying to avoid anything spoiling this this trip! The taxi option would give us more flexibility so I think it would be the better option for making the most of our time at Disneyland.

The bell desk at the Toy Story Hotel will help with arranging a reputable taxi. You can ask them what to expect for price (I asked what to expect as a fare to the airport, and it was pretty spot on), they spoke to the taxi driver and told them which airline as well. We waited in the lobby for our taxi and they came to get us when it's arrived.

The airport is simpler than a hotel in the city, but the cast members at Toy Story are very helpful.

The bell desk at the Toy Story Hotel will help with arranging a reputable taxi. You can ask them what to expect for price (I asked what to expect as a fare to the airport, and it was pretty spot on), they spoke to the taxi driver and told them which airline as well. We waited in the lobby for our taxi and they came to get us when it's arrived.

The airport is simpler than a hotel in the city, but the cast members at Toy Story are very helpful.
Thanks, this is helpful and good to know!

I've also now got the address of our next hotel in Chinese, so I am hoping the two together will get us there easily!

We went last month. Despite setting it up in advance, we never did get Didi to work - and based on our experience when a hotel in Beijing called one for us, they were less friendly and useful than their American equivalents. I have no idea if that's in all of China or just in Beijing. However, when we stayed at Toy Story they were more than helpful calling cabs for us - either in advance or for right then. They communicated to the driver where we needed to go and made sure it was clear. The cab ride we took from downtown Shanghai to Toy Story was right about 120RMB (slightly less than $20 USD), which is standard. All the cabbies we dealt with in Shanghai were professional, used the meter without any problem, didn't try to scam us, etc.

Yes, they will definitely help you with that. I found Shanghai taxis generally easy and affordable. Didn’t wind up using DiDi from my phone although I had planned to - my local friend did use it while we were together and worked great.

We went last month. Despite setting it up in advance, we never did get Didi to work - and based on our experience when a hotel in Beijing called one for us, they were less friendly and useful than their American equivalents. I have no idea if that's in all of China or just in Beijing. However, when we stayed at Toy Story they were more than helpful calling cabs for us - either in advance or for right then. They communicated to the driver where we needed to go and made sure it was clear. The cab ride we took from downtown Shanghai to Toy Story was right about 120RMB (slightly less than $20 USD), which is standard. All the cabbies we dealt with in Shanghai were professional, used the meter without any problem, didn't try to scam us, etc.

Yes, they will definitely help you with that. I found Shanghai taxis generally easy and affordable. Didn’t wind up using DiDi from my phone although I had planned to - my local friend did use it while we were together and worked great.

Thanks to both of you, this is reassuring information. It's good to hear from people that the Disney service in Shanghai is good as expected! It's also nice to have some good reviews of taxis in Shanghai too, I presume it is like anywhere you need to be aware of what's going on - there will always be a few that spoil it for everyone else.

I've given up trying to get the DiDi app now, it sounds like it isn't as good as I hoped anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts