Taping Xmas parade for TV special

bubbasmom99

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when they will tape the Disneyland segments for the WDW Christmas Day parade? I know they are doing it at WDW the weekend of the 3rd/4th. Is it the same weekend at Disneyland?

They're doing it this Friday, 11/18. My understanding is that the taping will be mostly in the Town Square area and I'm guessing they're taping the first X-mas parade.

Oh. No!!! I'm glad that it will be done while I'm there but the crowds will be terrible now.

It's not exactly a well known fact that they're taping that day (ok, maybe it is now). I only know because one of the parade performers told me. But, expect crowds to increase as the day goes on--that's just a typical Friday fact anyway.

I saw part of the taping today. It was very staged. It was done in the middle of the afternoon and not during an actual parade. We didn't walk down mainstreet in the morning but it appeared crowded because of the taping? I'm not sure what for. We went on the train to Fantasyland. It was pretty much empty but the park did get busier as the day went on.

Tina

They had to do it in the afternoon because when it's shown on tv, they're going to say it's live and that would be pretty hard to pull off when it's dark since the Christmas parade times are all after dark. I watched the second half of the taping. It was pretty fun. Ryan Seacrest is hosting the DL stuff. Between takes he chatted with the crowd and stuff. My only issue is that whoever was wrting the stuff for the teleprompter doesn't know the difference between Chip & Dale, argh!

We were there when they did the taping. By accident though. Our two kids got to stand up with Ryan Seacrest with a bunch of other kids, while he talked. They handed out a bunch of mickey hats to the crowd. Both gold for 50th and red for the Christmas one. They wanted them back when they were done. It was for awhile but the novelty wore off real quick in the heat. Our 5 year old said the heck with it after 2 hours and wanted to go do some rides. Our 9 year old stuck out close to 4 hours, me with her and then she handed in her ears and Raindear doll and off we went to the rides. Hope they get on. They were right next to him. Both wearing blue matching disney outfits from Disney World this summer. All in all it was great. If anyone else on here got to to do the same thing, I would like to know what you all thought.

We were there. Since we only had one day to spend at Disneyland and we paid $70 x 6 to get in that day, it only took us 2 minutes to decide to completely blow it off and head for Space Mountain (which was AWESOME....I only got a little nauseous).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter