Tapatalk and Disboards

I agree - tapatalk rocks!

I downloaded it recently to use with Cruise Critic, and it is a great app.

suprised as most of the forums i visit already have it enabled and have had for ages

why would such a well presented and high occupancy site not have it enabled ?

politics ? :confused3

There were a number of issues implementing a mobile client however I am actively working on this and I expect to have something going in the next several weeks

having used both tapatalk and the wdw eticket, i can confirm that tapatalk is way more user friendly than eticket

its a lot easier to keep track of your participated threads than it is with eticket

Cheers

:thumbsup2

having used both tapatalk and the wdw eticket, i can confirm that tapatalk is way more user friendly than eticket

its a lot easier to keep track of your participated threads than it is with eticket

Cheers

:thumbsup2

Well just to be clear I never promised Tapatalk and at this point I don't think it will be. I think you will like what we've come up with though :)

I wanted to give everyone an update. We use a third party search provider and the current version of that program is not compatible with the mobile clients. Unfortunately the operating system on our servers is not compatible with the new search system! I'm kind of in a Catch 22. We are due for new servers next month and we should be good to go then.

Thank you for the update, though it wasn't what I was hoping to hear. If you get to the point where you feel you need testers for an Android compatible mobile view of the forums, I would be more than willing to assist.

-Bruhaha

I wanted to give everyone an update. We use a third party search provider and the current version of that program is not compatible with the mobile clients. Unfortunately the operating system on our servers is not compatible with the new search system! I'm kind of in a Catch 22. We are due for new servers next month and we should be good to go then.

Thanks Alex. Although it is not the answer I was hoping for, but I really appreciate you being honest.

Another vote for Tapatalk.
Disboards.com would be even better if this was supported. DVCNews is already on it and works well. thanks

Yet another looking for an update...I hate to have to say it, but my DIS time has been curtailed significantly just because there's no real iPad-friendly way to do it... (granted, my reading of random WDW blogs with twitter has increased exponentially, but I'd rather be on the DIS!)

Another vote for Tapatalk. However as the Dis have eticket I think that they won't use Tapatalk as eticket is a revenue for the Dis.

Strange that DISboards is not on tapatalk. I think just about every other bulletin board I frequent uses this wonderful feature. I would love to have DISboards catch up with everyone else!

Katherine

Another vote for Tapatalk! Just got a TP and would like to be able to use it for this board since I spend most of my time here. Any new news?? Its suposed to be free for board owners.

I wish it was that simple
It goes something like this
Tapatalk won't work with our boards because we use a third part search system and it's not compatible
The mobile client that will work is not compatible with our CURRENT version of search
We can't upgrade search because the new search is not compatible with our current version of Linux

So.. I have some new servers I am setting up now
Once that is done we will migrate to the new servers
Upgrade the search
Try the compatible mobile client....

Stay tuned!!

Can't wait! Love Disboards but don't like being unable to use while traveling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter