Tanque Verde Ranch

detdan

Earning My Ears
I'm considering a stay at the Tanque Verde Ranch for next summer .
I'm looking for any information from anyone who has stayed there in the past.
Is it really a fun family place and a great place for a little girl to spend her 9th birthday?
Thanks for any help regarding this matter!!

Hi there!

Although I have never visited Tanque Verde Guest Ranch, I lived just a few miles from it. There is a lot of hiking and horse back riding offered. If you do a search with the word "verde" you can find past threads about the ranch.

Summers are pretty hot here. Fortunately, that "dry" heat is much more comfortable than the humid heat that Florida has! At the beginning of July, our rainy season begins and lasts up to 6 weeks or so. Good thing with it, the afternoons cool off like in Florida, but bad thing is you may miss some afternoon activities with the thunder storms.

Check out their web site:Tanque Verde Guest Ranch .

Good luck in planning. If you have any questions about Tucson or weather, just PM and I will get some answers for you!!!!

I'm not trying to sound like a downer, but thought I would share what I have learned from these boards. I was interested in going during the summer months also, and posted a similar thread as yours trying to gather info. This was on the "old" boards, so I'm not sure if you could retrieve the thread or not. Anyway, I got a fair number of responses, and most of them highly discouraged travel to AZ in the summer months. Very nice things were said about the resort, but was told the summer was so hot that we would not want to be outside during most of the afternoon. Though I have a very high tolerance for heat, the rest of my family does not. Needless to say, we changed our summer plans. Maybe others with first hand experience can comment more on this. Just thought I would let you know what was recommended to me!

I tend to agree with Mouseclick about our summers. What AZ has that is wonderful are our fall/winter months when people are freezing in the East, we are still going with maybe sweaters.

I find AZ heat more tolerable than the humid heats. But, honestly, summer is not the most comfortable time to be visiting. Fortunately, most homes have pools and that is how we tolerate the hot afternoons...poolside!:D

Currently, at 7:30 pm MST, it is still 87 degrees! No rain today, although a lot of clouds have visited us today threatening rain!

If you could pick a fall/winter month to visit, I think you may get a bit more out of what the guest ranch has to offer for all of it's outside activities.

You want to call MS to talk about the point structure.

The points listed are based on two adults.

Additional points are required per person.

If I remember correctly, it still seemed like a pretty good deal versus the cash rate.

We are still thinking about it - but we now appear to be hooked on the cruise and Hilton Head for the next 41 years!

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter