Talking Mickey leaving Town Square theater

Reading through I’m surprised I’m one of the few people whose seen it as a throughput issue, stalking the crowds for the past few months the waits are still over an hour at town square theater. Everyone just jumps at money it seems

Reading through I’m surprised I’m one of the few people whose seen it as a throughput issue, stalking the crowds for the past few months the waits are still over an hour at town square theater. Everyone just jumps at money it seems
Non-talking Mickey is still going to have similar waits. It might be a little quicker but not a huge difference.

We're taking our 3 year old back just before Memorial Day. I'm wondering what his reaction will be? He has met talking Mickey 3 times now (as recent as September), and Mickey "talks" on all his favorite shows. I'm sure he will ask me why Mickey DIDN'T say anything. Any idea on when this change is expected?

We're taking our 3 year old back just before Memorial Day. I'm wondering what his reaction will be? He has met talking Mickey 3 times now (as recent as September), and Mickey "talks" on all his favorite shows. I'm sure he will ask me why Mickey DIDN'T say anything. Any idea on when this change is expected?
Early May.

Non-talking Mickey is still going to have similar waits. It might be a little quicker but not a huge difference.
You’re absolutely right. Like I mentioned a couple pages back I had a fastpass November 18th and with it being his birthday I waited around 70 minutes. When I saw he wasn’t talking that was the first thing I thought of was throughput knowing it would be that insane that day. I don’t think it helps that we also just passed the (arguable) busiest time of year seeing constant hour plus waits there and the rumor of discontinuing it does fall in line with the beginning of summer crowds. Well have to wait and see if it’s seasonal or permanent

Hopefully then announce 60+ days out as I'd FP it if he is still talking. Going Memorial Day weekend so you have a better chance. Daughter has heard him speak there many times I'm worried her reaction if he doesn't to the point we wouldn't go in that case.
Yeah, at a minimum we wouldn't use an FP. And if the line was anything longer than 15-20 minutes, we'd probably just skip it. Our boys will be happy seeing Mickey at one of his other M&Gs.

I will say I always found talking Mickey awkward. There was always a weird delay in talking to him that sometimes we'd overlap and it was kind of jumbled. But even though I didn't like him I'm surprised they are taking him out. I would think for the kids that would be super disappointing.

Wow, going to be major disappointment for next trip. This was the coolest experience for our children growing up. We have a two year old, that adores Mickey, who is talking incredibly well and we were so excited to see this specific interaction next trip. Dang

When this was new I heard it takes 9 CM's to run the meet. Probably heard it here, but.........

When I went, I counted 5-6 including Mickey. That leaves 3-4 presumably behind the scenes.

So is talking Mickey already gone? I made a fastpass for our last day for our trip in mid-March. If it’s already the non-talking version then I don’t want to waste a fastpass. We will already be doing a Tusker House character breakfast. So no need to see two non-talking Mickeys.

He was there last week.

IMG_4152.JPG IMG_4148.JPG

I thought that at the meet and greets the talking Mickey just had a dozen (couple of dozen?) programed responces that could be triggered. Are you saying that there is/was a way to program Mickey's responses "on the fly"? As in, Mickey could say more than the pre-programed lines that were triggered by either Mickey or the CM near Mickey?

Here I was thinking the CM (Mickey) actually spoke (using a voice changer) and came up with his lines on the spot. It felt so interactive.

Forgot to add, when I went it was 40 minutes from the time I got in the FP line until I got inside the room with Mickey. The Standby time was listed as 80 minutes (1:20).

That's a little concerning to hear how long even the FP line takes...although understandable given that they let you take multiple pictures. Did you wait that long in the morning or later in the day? Our FP window starts at 9:40am. It's our last day at DW, and we have to leave MK by noon to make our T-Rex lunch reservation before driving home, so I'm trying to determine if keeping this FP is worth it or not. I'll be really ticked if talking Mickey isn't there and we spent all that time and a FP on it.

That's a little concerning to hear how long even the FP line takes...although understandable given that they let you take multiple pictures. Did you wait that long in the morning or later in the day? Our FP window starts at 9:40am. It's our last day at DW, and we have to leave MK by noon to make our T-Rex lunch reservation before driving home, so I'm trying to determine if keeping this FP is worth it or not. I'll be really ticked if talking Mickey isn't there and we spent all that time and a FP on it.

Skip T-Rex and meet Mickey.

1:50 PM on a Sunday

You think so? We would only bother with Townhall because he talks. Otherwise, we get Mickey at one of the character meals. Townhall is out of the way except for when you're arriving and leaving and those time are likely to be busy (or for us to have other priorities). We're going to try to catch him one more time while he talks in late April and then I anticipate ever being back.

You think so? We would only bother with Townhall because he talks. Otherwise, we get Mickey at one of the character meals. Townhall is out of the way except for when you're arriving and leaving and those time are likely to be busy (or for us to have other priorities). We're going to try to catch him one more time while he talks in late April and then I anticipate ever being back.
Meeting Mickey is a right of passage for many. Town Hall is the only place in MK to meet Mickey on a regular basis.

We met him for the first time last October. I always skipped him because 1. we see him at both Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill and 2. he kind of creeped me out. I am so glad we did. The family in front of us was visiting from Japan and Mickey had a fluent conversation in Japanese. The kids were ecstatic and the parents were crying they were so happy. TRULY magical! We also had what felt like a very fluid conversation! We were dressed as R2-D2 and C-3PO for that party and he complimented us on our costumes, made a few comments about the Force asked where we were from, etc. It was super cool! So sad this is going away!

Forgot to add, when I went it was 40 minutes from the time I got in the FP line until I got inside the room with Mickey. The Standby time was listed as 80 minutes (1:20).
Yeah, it took me over a half hour to get to Mickey with an FP last March. Standby wait was 70. Too long for me.

This makes me sad. We went first thing during extra magic hours and was 2nd in line! It was so magical.

Attachments

• PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7639015670 (1).jpg
    PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7639015670 (1).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter