Talk me into/out of buying RIV direct...

DO IT.!! It's as good if not better than you'd expect.
I will definitely need to try to get in there at 7 months at some point.

I'm going to have to let my RIV points serve as my Epcot points for now. My next add-on will be a small VGC contract, hopefully. But I need to recuperate from my last purchase first.

Already got my Sept BLT 2x 100pt contracts back in December lol. Hopefully we aren't battling for other Sept resale contracts going forward! The price is pretty decent for the small contracts, the 160 pointers should hopefully come down a ways. I got mine at 138/pt just a few months ago
And now that the BWV is Oct, I guess I’m switching my UY to Oct instead of Sept.
So my new searches are for CCV & BLT with Oct UY. :)

Yeah with just 25 pts, try to use them on weekdays as part of a split stay with your other points. Then maybe waitlist BW at 7 months for that weekend with your other points to try for a continuous stay if you want it

Perfect! I'll stay out of Oct if you stay out of Sep 🤣🤝
Funny, everything available (and currently in my scope) BLT is Sept, & Everything CCV is Oct.
I have June AKV, & now Oct BWV, so I can't imagine adding Sept, unless I sold the AKV & got a great deal on Sept (CCV, BLT or even to replace AKV)

It’s the weekend point nights that will kill you in the bank/borrow strategies.
Yeah with just 25 pts, try to use them on weekdays as part of a split stay with your other points. Then maybe waitlist BW at 7 months for that weekend with your other points to try for a continuous stay if you want it
Yep, that's what I would probably do, start with a Sun, Mon, Tues, then add to that at 7 months. I will always try to make sure I'm at BWV on Monday & Wednesdays at BLT/CCV for EEH.

But… more importantly…. WOOHOO BOARDWALK! 🥳
Exactly.!! :bounce:

@Tatebeck Just noticing your signature, you have what I'm trying to build!! lol
The only things missing would be CCV &/or VGC. ;)
Lol I "built" it in a hurry just back in December. I really want VGC or VDH to add! We have some friends and family in the L.A. area and with the Disneyland Forward passing...

And I would maybe add some RIV if I'm gonna go direct for benefits. I may see if a guide can get them to combine RIV and VDH incentives if I take the worse of the 2 Welcome Home offers.

CCV may be the only place we really differ, I haven't had an itch to buy there, though I also have never been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter