Go alone or wait?

• Total voters

Nicka92

Earning My Ears
So I’m dying to try this Omakase tasting menu at Japan’s newest restaurant “Takumi Tei.” Problem isn’t no one seems to want to go with me. I don’t mind going to Disney alone and go have a meal at a restaurant, but I usually sit at the bar. If anyone has been there, tried the tasting menu, or knows more about the restaurant; do you think tackling it alone is worth it? Thanks everyone!

YES!! If it's something you're dying to do, go for it! I've only been once and it happened to be with friends but I wouldn't hesitate to go alone and am actually considering doing it in the next couple of weeks. We did the omakase menu and really enjoyed the experience although I think I will probably order items a la carte off the menu next time just because there were a couple of things I liked better than others - sushi and the Japanese wagyu. Everything on the omakase menu is plated individually so it's not like you'd be wasting food or they'd have to do something different because you were solo. The service is wonderful and they do a nice job explaining everything. The omakase is a longer experience - I think we were there almost 2 hours but we were talking and I think if we'd wanted to speed it up or be done in time for fireworks or something, they could have accommodated. The night we were there the table next to us was a solo diner and it didn't seem at all "weird" - although I never think it is. Feel free to ask any questions. Several youtubers have vlogged the omakase meal (the wdw couple and the magic dads come to mind and I think Pete mentioned that the DIS would feature it on the dining show soon) - it might help to check some of those out to get a better sense of the overall atmosphere and food. But, again, I say well worth it and if something you really want to do, don't wait! Have fun!!:goodvibes

Last edited:
A friend of mine went solo on Christmas day last year. She did do the Omakase menu and vlogged the entire meal. She does have issues with gluten, and they were able to accommodate. Additionally she did the wine pairings. From watching her video and then messaging her, I decided to book this for my trip in May. I am going to be there a few days before some friends, so I will be doing this alone.

So I’m dying to try this Omakase tasting menu at Japan’s newest restaurant “Takumi Tei.” Problem isn’t no one seems to want to go with me. I don’t mind going to Disney alone and go have a meal at a restaurant, but I usually sit at the bar. If anyone has been there, tried the tasting menu, or knows more about the restaurant; do you think tackling it alone is worth it? Thanks everyone!
Is that an invitation?😉😂

I went alone and it was a wonderful meal. I did not do the tasting menu - I had the Mosiaku sushi and the duck entrée which were both fabulous. They were very attentive to me also. Go for it!

I would do it. It's so quiet and lovely in there and the staff is very attentive. On our last visit, there was a woman sitting next to us who was dining alone. She seemed to be enjoying her meal!

I did the a la carte menu solo last week, and ordered two appetizers and the sashimi. The CMs will dote on you and use your name and will share as much about Japanese culture as you are interested in learning about! I highly recommend it for solo travelers, since it's a very slow paced meal and gives you time to decompress from running around the parks all day (which is what I did when solo). The tables are spaced far enough apart that you aren't so close to other parties like some Disney restaurants. It's the most immersive dining experience I've had at Disney, I've been to a lot of delicious restaurants but this is the first time I feel like I've really been transported somewhere else through a dining experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!