Taking Pics of Holiday Lights

sorcerormickey

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

Can you please give me some advice on taking pics of my house decorations at night?? My family up north wants pics emailed, but everytime I take them they come out fuzzy. The only way to get *most* of the lights in one shot is to stand across the street - about 70 feet away or so.

What Photo Quality should I use? My options are Fine, Super-Fine, and Basic. Also, what about zoom? I have 1x and 2x. I have the Flash set to Off.

My camera is a few years old - HP Photosmart 215. Thanks!!! :sunny:

You can set the camera on a tripod and use the self timer if your camera has one. If you don't have a tripod, try to set the camera on top of a wall or a car, that will help eliminate the fuzziness you are seeing.

Super fine will give you the most detail but also the largest file sizes and most potential for fuzzyness if there are any movements (wind, hand held, camera shake, etc.). If possible use the self timer with the camera on a tripod and that will definitely help. Also set the camera for night-time photos to allow enough light to reach the sensor.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter