Taking DD19 to Disney College Program. Whoo hoo!

Dizneydaz

DIS Veteran
So I haven’t been very active on the boards lately. We still continue to visit WDW about once a year (or more!)

MyDD19 was accepted into the DCP while we were on our way to WDW in September. She checked her emails between flights and she got the great news! I think she could have flown, without a plane, the rest of the way there!

It was great timing because every DCP CM we talked to had great advice and were really excited for her!

Her last day, unless she extends, in May 16th.

She was originally assigned to food service but she auditioned for a character back in November and she made it! (This means when she comes home maybe she can work at Disneyland as a character). She is small, so she is in the Mickey group. I can’t wait to found out who she is going to be friends with!

She has been assigned to Chatham and hopes that the 3 girls she has already become friends with will be her roommates. We will find out on Tuesday, the 22nd.

I know she has been leaving home for months now but it is really hitting home now. Her car was picked up yesterday to be shipped to Florida and I just checked-in on our Southwest flight.

945932B4-A6F2-48EB-B7FA-5732422B9078.jpeg
Bye bye car! See you Friday or Saturday (I hope)

More to come.......

Last edited:
We arrive at MCO tomorrow about 8:15 and are staying at ASMusic. We usually stay at POP but it wasn’t available for our dates. We have a ressie until Jan. 25th but I am now staying until the 28th. My mom is joining us on Wednesday and staying until Monday. That way we can do stuff together while DD is busy with her roomies.

I am going to try to add to my room ressie, but if not I have a ressie at another hotel. This would be the first time in about 19 years that I would be staying off property.

Rented from Hertz for the first time. Usually rent from Alamo or Dollar but with AAA discount Hertz was a better deal for the first time.

Here’s just a few photos of DD at Disney (Land and World) through the years.

5F3FE0D0-0F5C-4AB5-BDA7-995AE67B5A4A.jpeg

One of her first visits. Disneyland 2000, 1 year old. She’s with her cousin, Justin, who grew up to be a character at DLand and then moved to Florida and performed in the Festival of the Lion King. :)

DE84B258-69DD-4E84-A44A-8AA508AD8FE6.jpeg

Here she is as Tink. Could this be a predictor of her future? Maybe she’ll get to be “friends” with Tink.

B97D1240-1661-4343-B326-37FC87D4FFA2.jpeg

Where we are at AK a few years ago. Dec. 2016.

I'm so excited for you!!! I loved the time my daughter was on the college program! She went down right after college graduation in 2012 and ended up getting a full time job after her program and stayed 3 years! She was a lifeguard on the program, then moved to hotel concierge, then Front Desk Service Advisor. It inspired me to live my dreams too and get an apartment in Winter Garden and test out the snowbird life for a few months. Let the adventure begin!

I am definitely following along here. I so want to do the college program and be a character! Do you think they take crotchety 50 year old women?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter