Taking DD and a GF to Halloween Horror and WDW. Are you scary Nuts? UPDATE 12/08

Well I'm ALMOST caught up. Yeah!

SO YOU NEED TO CATCH UP. :goodvibes Here I mean. Finish up. It's a great TR.

The girls and the posing is so cute and funny. Truly. And the Halloween Haunt. Priceless.

As is your daughter's ability to put a boy in his place. How skilled. :thumbsup2

And seeing another glorious cheese plate. Drat you.

BUT CJ - have you seen this TR?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2842173

You are going to die. Well I'm being dramatic. :rotfl2: Who me? Anyway - check it out. Aulani heaven. With gorgeous shots. Absolutely gorgeous photography.

OK, know this sounds like a broken record but the TR will continue soon. Will be working on it tomorrow.

Just wanted to pass on the news that we will be going to Aulani. Booked a week stay this morning. Very excited.

WOOHOOO!!! A hawaiian TR! Awesome!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and were eventually able to get on the water in Key Largo!

Saturday, October 14 Part 3 Evening Entertainment. AKA Who is this guy?

Long time no hear. Sorry about that. We leave Friday so this needs to be done before then. Started earlier this morning but DD decided her car wanted to get close and personal with the car in front of her. She got her license in October and this is the second accident. The kid, the guy she hit and the car are fine. Well the car has a few more scratches than it did when she left this morning.

OK we were at the Boardwalk and it was time to go so we got the car and headed to Riverside. Why Riverside?

To see this guy
IMG_2869.jpg

Yep, Yehaa Bob. This is something I wanted to do for a while now. My solo trip in March I went thinking he was performing that night but nope. We got an OK table near the stage that squeezed the three of us in. Saw him walking around talking to guests but he didn’t hit our table. The kids had no idea what was going on. “OK, we are sitting in a lounge. What is the big deal?”

Same with two groups at other tables that were watching the Florida/Georgia game. They were very confused when the waitress turned off the TV by the stage. To give you an idea how much I wanted to see Bob, I forgo the game. I am a UF grad and college football is my favorite sport to watch. They did lose however (indicative of our season this year).

They were not happy and scouted out a place to watch the game. Bob comes on and starts the show. Luckily for us they wanted to leave and soon asked for their check. We called dibs on one of their tables and had great seats which were more roomy.

Order some bar food stuff (don’t remember what) and settled in. Bob starts and the kids have no idea how to react. It is a pretty corny show for 17 YO’s. They didn’t know how to take it at first. Should they act cool or get into the show. When he began, I was worried they wouldn’t like it.

Starting to enjoy themselves
IMG_2872.jpg

Some of the crowd wasn’t so sure either
IMG_2875.jpg

The first show went great and the kids loved it. My question to them was should we stay or go? Stay of course.

Posing with Bob after the first show
IMG_2883.jpg

Between shows, I excused myself to use the restroom. Found out after the fact that a kid with his family at another table passed a note to the girls. They met after that show to chat and take photos with each other. Won’t post it here but if you were the kid at the show that night and met my daughter and her friend, I know what you look like. They giggled about it for a while after.

Second show. They were really into it by now.
IMG_2892.jpg

And second pose with Bob. He calls people on stage after each show to take a picture with him. He posts them on his Facebook page. He also autographs his photo.
IMG_2896.jpg

Pictures don’t really describe the fun that is Bob’s show. So, lets go to the video tape. Sorry about the quality, the camera does not do well in video mode in dark settings.

This was the first time they were asked to participate. They were the big kids from Florida.
http://youtu.be/GY60FCyYEak

By now they were getting into it
http://youtu.be/F4eoENIkuUA

Getting Bob’s autograph
Bob

By now they were really into. Can’t sing a lick but they were enthusiastic. You may want to wear earplugs for this one.
http://youtu.be/6OI_Z_ZoM5g

They were real stage hounds. You can hear 9 say YEA when they were asked to come back up stage.
http://youtu.be/8cQTLGDadx4

And my favorite. This was a song about Sarah. She has various adventures including Sitting in a Brick ship yard. “All day long she bricks and sits. All day long she sits and bricks.” They told me they really were concentrating on what to say. You try singing it. Very funny bit. Next time I will get the whole song.
http://youtu.be/oizQn22Wm-Q

Did they enjoy it. Well this weekend we are going to the Dis event at Harry Potter and the WDW Today Reunion thing. Staying at French Quarter and when I told DD that we were within walking distance to Riverside she said she wants to see Bob Friday night. OK.

He is a great entertainer. Remembers where everyone is from and their names. Great show and if you get the chance, you should go and see him.

After sitting through three shows, it was time to go back. Headed to the room for our final sleep at the resort for this trip. Leaving tomorrow. Oh the humanity.

Up next: Saturday, October 14 Bye Bye till next time. AKA TONGA

We leave Friday so this needs to be done before then.
Alright! A Disdad who follows the "finish your TR before the next trip" manlaw! :lmao:

Yep, Yehaa Bob. This is something I wanted to do for a while now.
I've never seen him myself. I've heard nothing but great things about the show though... one of these days.

To give you an idea how much I wanted to see Bob, I forgo the game. I am a UF grad and college football is my favorite sport to watch. They did lose however (indicative of our season this year).
Now that really means something. Although, I'm sure it was probably easier to miss a few UF games this year. I know I felt that way about some Purdue games... not including OSU. Good luck in the Urban Meyer Bowl! :lmao:

OK, know this sounds like a broken record but the TR will continue soon. Will be working on it tomorrow.

Just wanted to pass on the news that we will be going to Aulani. Booked a week stay this morning. Very excited.

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear about it, did you book at the VGC as well?

Did they enjoy it. Well this weekend we are going to the Dis event at Harry Potter and the WDW Today Reunion thing. Staying at French Quarter and when I told DD that we were within walking distance to Riverside she said she wants to see Bob Friday night. OK.

Will you be doing a TR for that? If so please post a link at the end of this one so that we can find it!

Sunday, October 15: The Last Morning in the World AKA Sniff Sniff

We woke up relatively early today (for the kids at least) and finished packing. Car loaded and we were off. Headed to the Poly for breakfast.

The happiest sign in the World
IMG_2899.jpg

The girls got a big kick out of the idea of a boat crossing above the road
IMG_2901.jpg

Back to the Poly. Really hope they build a DVC here. One of my favorite resorts.
IMG_2903.jpg

The landscaping is one of the reasons
IMG_2904.jpg

Some last minute window shopping
IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

She bought this. It is a Pluto pillow. By day it is a mild mannered pup, by night it converts to a pillow. She even brought it to school a couple of times. And she is in High School?
IMG_2909.jpg

Rasta Mickey Mon
IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

We were able to get a table at Kona with only a little wait
IMG_2912.jpg

The place had a good sized crowd but there were a few tables available
IMG_2913.jpg

The Princess spent the time to make a fish out of her straw. It is supposed to be a trumpet fish.
IMG_2915.jpg

Seven got the run down of the must have items from DD. It came down to Tonga Toast or Macadamia Nut Pancakes. What to do? They came to the brilliant solution to order both and split them.

TONGA. TONGA. TONGA. With a side order of eggs. Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with strawberry compote and your choice of ham, bacon, or sausage $12.99
IMG_2916.jpg

And the Pancakes. Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes - with macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce and your choice of ham, bacon or sausage $9.99
IMG_2917.jpg

I ordered the Ham and Cheese Omelet - with home-fried potatoes and a biscuit $10.99. Also tomato juice. Love tomato juice for breakfast.
IMG_2920.jpg

I asked for lemon for both the iced tea and juice. She brought me practically a whole lemon. Nice. The girls also had the choice maple syrup and the strawberry compote.
IMG_2919.jpg

Makes me hungry just seeing the pictures. Have to go have breakfast now.

OK, my breakfast over (eggs with cheese and salsa). Good but not as good as our Kona breakfast.

So breakfast was over and so was our trip. I also finished the TR just in time to head back to Disney. We leave tomorrow after picking up the kids at school. Next TR will be a combo of this upcoming trip and DD’s half marathon excursion in January.

So what did I think about this trip? Fun. Halloween Horror was a hoot watching the girls get the pants scared off of them. Doubtful that I will go back though. That is unless DD decides to go again. Not my cup of tea but fun watching them.

It was also good to see how the Princess was able to indoctrinate another friend in the CJ9200 Family’s way to do Disney. Tea was an interesting experience for 7. They decided to do it again on the upcoming trip. Yehaa Bob was a lot of fun and should be on everyone’s list of things to do. We did not go to a park this time but it did not stop us from having a great time at Disney.

So the upcoming trip? Another short one. We got a great rate at Port Orleans French Quarter. Friday maybe see Bob again or just hang out at the resort. Saturday will be MK day. I will be going to a couple of the WDW Today Reunion meets while the girls run around the parks. Saturday night we will be going to the Dis event at Harry Potter. First time for all three of us there. Sunday? Who knows. Maybe Downtown Disney.

Thanks for playing along and hope everyone has a magical day.

Breakfast at Kona is our last day tradition before we get in the car and head home. There are three of us, so we end up sharing our Tonga Toast, omelet and fruit platter three ways. It's perfect!

Have a great trip this weekend! I can't believe you're going to make us wait until January for the trip report! LOL

She bought this. It is a Pluto pillow. By day it is a mild mannered pup, by night it converts to a pillow. She even brought it to school a couple of times. And she is in High School?
:confused3 She'll always be your little girl, right? :rotfl2::rotfl:

Seven got the run down of the must have items from DD. It came down to Tonga Toast or Macadamia Nut Pancakes. What to do? They came to the brilliant solution to order both and split them.
Great idea! Why be stuck with just one when you can try both?

Makes me hungry just seeing the pictures. Have to go have breakfast now.

OK, my breakfast over (eggs with cheese and salsa). Good but not as good as our Kona breakfast.
That was quick!

We leave tomorrow after picking up the kids at school. Next TR will be a combo of this upcoming trip and DD’s half marathon excursion in January.
Great! Sounds like fun and I look forward to reading about them.

Tea was an interesting experience for 7. They decided to do it again on the upcoming trip.
I guess that means that 7 is going back this time too?

We got a great rate at Port Orleans French Quarter.
If your mousekeeper is named Beth, tip her well. :rolleyes1

:goodvibes That's all. Just :goodvibes.

Of all the times I visited the GF I never really noticed the skylights. Peerrty.
IMG_2790.jpg

Totally blatant plagarism. :lmao: ;)

Yes, sometimes she acts like Dale
IMG_2794.jpg

I LOVE this one.

The Girls anticipating their tea
IMG_2807.jpg

Great shot. :goodvibes

My fruit and cheese plates.

Hear me swear. ;)

YUM.

Mandatory trip to the ladies room while I went out front. What is with her taking pictures of a bathroom? Where did that come from? Oh wait, there was a mirror. DD loves mirrors.
IMG_2825.jpg

Obviously you've never been a teenage girl. :rolleyes1

She also did a 10K on Saturday to prep for the Disney Half Marathon. She finished in 59 minutes.

Holy cow on the bold. :scared1: Wow, that's great. She should be in a high corral for the half, eh?

:rotfl2: I'm laughing. Like I know a thing about corrals. I only know because it's a huge deal - times and corrals to my DIS friends that do the Princess. The corral placement is huge with them.

Second show. They were really into it by now.
IMG_2892.jpg

Great shot CJ.

Between shows, I excused myself to use the restroom. Found out after the fact that a kid with his family at another table passed a note to the girls. They met after that show to chat and take photos with each other. Won’t post it here but if you were the kid at the show that night and met my daughter and her friend, I know what you look like. They giggled about it for a while after.

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:. Too funny. LOVE it.

This was the first time they were asked to participate. They were the big kids from Florida.
http://youtu.be/GY60FCyYEak

By now they were getting into it
http://youtu.be/F4eoENIkuUA

Getting Bob’s autograph
Bob

By now they were really into. Can’t sing a lick but they were enthusiastic. You may want to wear earplugs for this one.
http://youtu.be/6OI_Z_ZoM5g

They were real stage hounds. You can hear 9 say YEA when they were asked to come back up stage.
http://youtu.be/8cQTLGDadx4

And my favorite. This was a song about Sarah. She has various adventures including Sitting in a Brick ship yard. “All day long she bricks and sits. All day long she sits and bricks.” They told me they really were concentrating on what to say. You try singing it. Very funny bit. Next time I will get the whole song.
http://youtu.be/oizQn22Wm-Q

:laughing: on all.

Sunday, October 15: The Last Morning in the World AKA Sniff Sniff

We woke up relatively early today (for the kids at least) and finished packing. Car loaded and we were off. Headed to the Poly for breakfast.

:love: Kona.

You've got me excited about actually finishing up my TR. Yeah! I too went to Kona for breakfast on the last day.

But I added a little something something. :rolleyes1 I can't wait to type it out. :dance3: Okay, I'm entertaining myself on YOUR TR - again. popcorn::

Rasta Mickey Mon

:3dglasses

TONGA. TONGA. TONGA. With a side order of eggs. Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with strawberry compote and your choice of ham, bacon, or sausage $12.99
IMG_2916.jpg

And the Pancakes. Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes - with macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce and your choice of ham, bacon or sausage $9.99
IMG_2917.jpg

Smart girl!

I was like yep. Yep. Yep. But then again I LOVE everything there. Steak and eggs. The Big Kahuna. Everything. At every meal actually.

It was also good to see how the Princess was able to indoctrinate another friend in the CJ9200 Family’s way to do Disney.

The absolute best part of this TR. :thumbsup2 Really enjoyed her seeing it all.

So the upcoming trip? Another short one. We got a great rate at Port Orleans French Quarter. Friday maybe see Bob again or just hang out at the resort. Saturday will be MK day. I will be going to a couple of the WDW Today Reunion meets while the girls run around the parks. Saturday night we will be going to the Dis event at Harry Potter. First time for all three of us there. Sunday? Who knows. Maybe Downtown Disney.

Thanks for playing along and hope everyone has a magical day.

Have a wonderful time. Great TR as usual CJ.

I CAN NOT WAIT to hear about Aulani.

Just got home from trip one of our two trips. Had a great time. Will post a preview of what to expect in the next TR later. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

lopping over from the dvc board too -

I mostly lurk :surfweb:

hope you can include some of the HHN and universal experience - did they do any HP rides? DD is hoping to convince us to head out there one day!!

sorry you had to fight for what is obvious yours - and I do love that firework picture- amazing!!

I know I'm late to this party (TR) also, but what DVC board? I know there are threads on here (disboards) for DVC, but there is a separate DVC board?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!