Taking A First Timer To Walt Disney World! Dec. 29, 2017-Jan. 6, 2018! *COMPLETED 4/8/18*

VIDEO: Baby Tiger Cubs At Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

Here is a video I filmed of the new baby tiger cubs at Disney’s Animal Kingdom! They are so cute!!!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Baby Tiger Cubs At Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

VIDEO: Rivers Of Light Finale!

Here is a video that I filmed of the Rivers of Light finale! I am one person that actually really enjoys this show. I find the soundtrack for this show to be really good, as well as, I think this show is a perfect fit for Animal Kingdom.

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Rivers Of Light Finale!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

It was time to see the new baby tiger cubs!!!

SO PRECIOUS! On our last trip we got to the tigers right as the cubs had gone inside for the rest of the day. We made a point to come back first thing the next morning and they were out, but they were asleep behind a tree. I stood there for a good 20 minutes hoping to catch a glimpse and one of them finally popped their little head up. I almost died of cuteness.

SO PRECIOUS! On our last trip we got to the tigers right as the cubs had gone inside for the rest of the day. We made a point to come back first thing the next morning and they were out, but they were asleep behind a tree. I stood there for a good 20 minutes hoping to catch a glimpse and one of them finally popped their little head up. I almost died of cuteness.
Each time we went to see them, we always asked the CM at the front of the trail if the cubs were out.

They are so cute that I turned to my friend and said I want a tiger cub. I know that will never happen though lol.

Hello everyone! I have a very special announcement for you this evening!

I am announcing my next trip report to Walt Disney World! If you would like to follow along with live updates and updates from this trip, click the title of my trip report below...

A Solo Trip: Is It Spring Or Winter?

I hope to see all of you on my next trip report! Updates from this trip will continue tomorrow or hopefully in a couple days.

Day 6: Wild Africa Trek - Part 1!

Welcome to day 6 of our trip to Walt Disney World! My friend and I had a special thing planned for today. We were going to Disney’s Animal Kingdom to take an adventure on the Wild Africa Trek!

We would arrive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom to the rain, cold temperatures, and the Tree of Life.

We would make our way to Africa.

We would arrive to the Wild Africa Trek check-in location to a CM asking if we still wanted to go on the experience. There were 9 people originally scheduled for our tour, and now we were the only two left. We were given the option to reschedule. That was due to the cold temperatures, the guides couldn’t guarantee a lot of animals would be out.

My friend and I would discuss it a little bit, and we decided that we would have a private safari!

All of the photos of the Wild Africa Trek below were taken by our awesome tour guides! All of the photos are included in the price of the tour.

We would get setup for our experience, and we were off!

We would make our way to Gorilla Falls, but there were a lot of Cast Members blocking the entrance saying it was closed due to the amount of animals that aren’t out (including the gorillas).

So, it was my friend and I and our 2 tour guides that were allowed to cross the line of CM’s and in we went! This part was worth it in itself!

We would stop for about 15 minutes inside the reptile/insect building. I don’t know what I should call it.

We would then make our way to the bird area where we got to experience it all to our selves. This was awesome! The birds were really active due to the rain and there being no one inside the area.

Z is for Zebra!!!

We would then head on a separate path where we would come across the male hippos. This is a great part of the tour, because you get to interact with one of the hippo animal trainers with asking questions and watching them feed the hippos

It was then time to cross the bridges! This bridge section can be scary since some “planks” are farther than others. The rope bridges also offer great views of the female hippos and the crocodiles.

The rope bridge part was the worst part of this particular experience. That was due to the cold temperatures. Normally it is my favorite, but it was so cold that my hands were freezing by the time I crossed the bridge. This is when I wish I decided to bring my gloves instead of leave them in my backpack which is stored at the check-in location.

We would then have the opportunity to meet with a crocodile animal trainer.

After seeing the crocodiles enjoy their “spa,” we would make our way to our safari vehicle.

The first animals we would see on the savanna are the African Wild Dogs. They are so cute!!! I might want one… :D

More in part 2!

Last edited:
Day 6: Wild Africa Trek - Part 2!

We would then get a chance to experience some more animals.

Our tour guide was obsessed with taking pictures of wildebeests.

There’s another animal!

One of our tour guides talking to us about the elephants.

Oh look! More wildebeests!

The wildebeests were the most active, so my friend and I had to get a pictures with them.

Elephants!!!

We would then pass by the flamingos on our way to our savanna lookout.

We would arrive at the safari lookout for our snack. The snack is very nice and I consider it a lunch portion, but on the smaller size.

We would have a great view of the animals form up here.

My friend and I enjoying our snack.

I found Baby Stella!!!

More in part 3!

Day 6: Wild Africa Trek - Part 3!

After about half an hour at the savanna lookout, we were off to finish our safari experience!

The cheetah was active!

My friend and I found the ostrich!

Our last animal photo from our experience.

After our safari, we would have the chance to choose an animal to donate to the Disney Conservation Fund.

It was time to head back to the check-in area to collect our belongings and make our way out of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The Wild Africa Trek Tour is one of my favorite Disney tours I have ever done. It is an awesome experience if you want a prolonged safari experience. You get to know so much about the different animals that you see on this experience, and it isn’t as rushed as the actual safari ride. I highly recommend it! Even with the colder weather, we saw a lot more than I would have thought based on how the tour guides were talking in the beginning. It was also worth it to have a private safari.

My friend and I would make our way towards the exit when we decided to get a picture with the Tree of Life!

We were on our way to Hollywood Studios!

Another Day 6 update will be posted at a later time.

Thank you! I have only been to MNSSHP (3 times), and I don’t even celebrate Halloween anymore lol. I really want to go to the Christmas Party for many reasons. Hopefully I will get to it within the next couple years. I think I am set for going for NYE for the rest of my life (I really want to) so it is hard for me to justify possibly going earlier in November/December as well just for the party.
Love your report. My question is: My college age daughter and I will be going Dec 17, first time during the holidays. We are also going to the Christmas Party. Will we see this same parade at the party? While reading, it said the Christmas parade starts on the day we leave.

Love your report. My question is: My college age daughter and I will be going Dec 17, first time during the holidays. We are also going to the Christmas Party. Will we see this same parade at the party? While reading, it said the Christmas parade starts on the day we leave.
Thank you! The Christmas Parade is the same at the party. The only difference is you would get to experience it at night with all of the Christmas lights on the floats. The Christmas Parade becomes the main parade at WDW usually around Christmas Eve (maybe a day or two before) until New Years Eve or Day. I honestly can't remember. When you are there, it will be the Christmas Parade during the parties and Festival of Fantasy as the daytime parade until it gets closer to the holidays. I hope I answered your question.

Thank you! The Christmas Parade is the same at the party. The only difference is you would get to experience it at night with all of the Christmas lights on the floats. The Christmas Parade becomes the main parade at WDW usually around Christmas Eve (maybe a day or two before) until New Years Eve or Day. I honestly can't remember. When you are there, it will be the Christmas Parade during the parties and Festival of Fantasy as the daytime parade until it gets closer to the holidays. I hope I answered your question.
My older daughter is a music graduate also...voice . Your photos are unbelievable, I have an older Nikon D40, that I may need to update before our trip. I love it, but it does not have any video capability. May I ask what camera you use. Your fireworks photos are exceptional.

My older daughter is a music graduate also...voice . Your photos are unbelievable, I have an older Nikon D40, that I may need to update before our trip. I love it, but it does not have any video capability. May I ask what camera you use. Your fireworks photos are exceptional.
That’s awesome!!!...Well, this trip was an iPhone 6S. I now have an iPhone 8 for my current trip....I usually don’t take individual photos of fireworks even though I still take a couple. Most of my fireworks pictures have been taken from screenshots of videos I have filmed.

Epic trip report! So many great photos and you organized them so nicely. I'll be toggling over to the live report now. :earsboy:

I had fallen kind of behind on your TR and just finally got caught back up!
Way to go getting a same day Flight of Passage fast pass. What a champ!
That Safari tour seemed awesome!

Day 6: Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

After a great time in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, my friend and I made our way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for the rest of the day.

My friend and I would get a picture at the lagoon where they have the Christmas Tree, as well as, the boat and the dinosaur.

A lot of the Christmas decorations in this park are really nice.

We had a fastpass for Star Tours so that was our next stop.

We would make our way towards the other side of the park when we would stumble upon Captain Phasma and the storm troopers!

We would then make our way towards Rock N’ Rollercoaster, but this view of Tower of Terror never gets old.

We had a fastpass for Rock N’ Rollercoaster.

We would then make our way to Star Wars Launch Bay where we would get our picture with another Star Wars character.

We got our picture with BB-8!

Our 3rd fastpass of the day was for the Tower of Terror.

We would then make our way to see the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. It had been a while since it had rained, so I was hoping my friend would get to see the final scene. However, it was a shortened show again. So, my friend never got to see the whole show on this trip.

After seeing Indiana Jones, I realized that the line for Olaf was a walk-up so we got our picture with Olaf!

We would then get our picture with Sorcerer Mickey and Minnie Mouse!

It was finally time to eat, so we made our way to the ABC Commissary where I would order the salmon. I actually thought it was pretty good.

I had to sit next to the poster of one of my favorite T.V. shows right now which is Designated Survivor.

We would then make our way to Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. As a Star Wars fan, I really like this show.

I was able to pick up a 4th fastpass for Rock N’ Rollercoaster so that’s where we headed next.

Our final ride of the day was Toy Story Midway Mania. When we got there, I noticed that the queue was mostly outside. When we finally got inside, I noticed that Disney started construction on the queue since they are making it so the entrance will be from inside Toy Story Land.

I would beat my friend again, as well as, get best in vehicle.

We would have another busy day ahead of us so we made our way back to our hotel. We also had to pack, because we would be transferring to another resort the next day.

Hi everyone. I'm just letting you know that I'm going to have more updates from this trip tomorrow! The past couple of weeks have been really busy for me, and I have had no time to even think about trip reports. So, I really apologize for that. I hope all of you enjoy the rest of my trip report to come! I should be done with this trip report within the next 2 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!