Taking 4-year-old niece to Disney!

CarlyMur09

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

So this is a bit of a new thing for our family, which is comprised of five adults (3 late-20s, and 2 early 50s) that has been going to Disney for a few years now (DVC and APs as of last year).

We will be taking my cousin's youngest daughter on our upcoming trip in December! She is 4 years old, so we can figure out what we can do as far as FP's (60 day mark is in 2 weeks), ADRs, room, bus. We're looking at a few different places for scooter/stroller rentals for her and my dad. Is there anything else I may be missing?

Transportation is where we're stumped on. We'll be flying Southwest from PIT to MCO, and we're purchasing her tickets soon. Will she need ID or something to get through TSA? None of us have Pre-Check. And will she need a booster seat for the plane? I'm trying to find this stuff, but google isn't helpful in that regards.

Is there anything else I need to keep in mind for her?

Have a wonderful visit. It’s a different experience viewing Disney when ur with a child... the wonder, excitement of it all. Pixie dust ur way! Have that phone/camera ready.. lots of great pix to take.

I've never been asked for anything for my son when flying, including Southwest, so you should be fine. No booster or car seat needed on the plane, and if you use ME and Disney buses then you won't need a car seat in Orlando either.

On the plane, take lots of snacks, seat-appropriate activities (coloring/sticker books, 1-2 small toys, reading books, if bringing a tablet also have headphones that she will keep on), and something chewy for take off and landing to help ears with pressurization (raisins and gummy bears are good for this).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter