Take the DIS WISH challenge here

I'll go ahead and put by challenge goal on here. May as well "officially" join the party. :lmao:

My first goal is to lose 30-35ish lbs (it's gonna depend on how I look and clothes fit at 125, I may keep going to 120). I don't really have a time frame for this, since I'm going to be on various drug cocktails while trying to sort out this whole RA thing, and some of them will cause my weight to fluctuate. But I definitely don't want to get over 160 (which I *NEVER* thought I would even have to worry about), and I'm pretty darn close to that right now.

My second goal is to get up to a half marathon distance with a 12 min/mile pace, preferably by the end of 2014. I've signed up for the Expedition Everest Challenge in May 2014, so I have a concrete goal to work towards now. Of course, this will depend on how my joints hold up, so it's flexible, too.

One of the biggest things I've learned from friends with chronic pain is to keep goals reasonable and be open to changing them as needed. It's one thing to push yourself to get better, but you don't want to push yourself over the edge.

Hi all,
I'm glad I found this thread! I started on my weight loss journey in 2012 and have lost about 35 lbs. since that time. However I would like to lose about 25-30 more lbs. over the course of this year through both WW and exercise.

I was an athlete in high school and college, so competition has been a good way for me to push myself toward my goal. I've started running and my goal is to run in 6 races this year, including the Tower of Terror 10-Miler in October! It will be my second RunDisney event and I'm incredibly excited!

I need to lose weight, too, and thought by joining a group I would be more accountable.

I'm about 100 pounds overweight, maybe more. I'm trying to lose jean sizes before my October 2014 cruise with my mom.

I just got off the Magic last month and bought only 1 picture with my husband. I am so disgusted with myself how I allowed myself to get this big. My brother and I have the same waist size now. That is sad. Right now, I wear 20W plus size jeans. My goal is to wear size 4 petite jeans. I know I may not reach that size this October 2014 but I want to at least get into single digit size jeans.

My plan is to decrease my intake of processed foods (chips, candy, cookies, sodas, etc.) eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, eat more seafood, less pork and beef, less fast foods, etc.

Today is my first day of starting this plan. I just did the Jillian Michaels 30 day challenge during my lunch time. It's 20 minutes/day for 30 days. I could barely do it, but I did what I could. I feel better already.

I need to lose weight, too, and thought by joining a group I would be more accountable.

I'm about 100 pounds overweight, maybe more. I'm trying to lose jean sizes before my October 2014 cruise with my mom.

I just got off the Magic last month and bought only 1 picture with my husband. I am so disgusted with myself how I allowed myself to get this big. My brother and I have the same waist size now. That is sad. Right now, I wear 20W plus size jeans. My goal is to wear size 4 petite jeans. I know I may not reach that size this October 2014 but I want to at least get into single digit size jeans.

My plan is to decrease my intake of processed foods (chips, candy, cookies, sodas, etc.) eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, eat more seafood, less pork and beef, less fast foods, etc.

Today is my first day of starting this plan. I just did the Jillian Michaels 30 day challenge during my lunch time. It's 20 minutes/day for 30 days. I could barely do it, but I did what I could. I feel better already.

Hi,
Good for you for starting to eat well and move more. As a lifetime Weight Watchers I'll caution you not to focus too much on the number on the scale or on the label of your jeans.

Healthy, sustainable, weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Focus on the good things your doing (the Jillian challenge during lunch and eating less processed foods) and the weight loss will come.

TK

Hi, Good for you for starting to eat well and move more. As a lifetime Weight Watchers I'll caution you not to focus too much on the number on the scale or on the label of your jeans. Healthy, sustainable, weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Focus on the good things your doing (the Jillian challenge during lunch and eating less processed foods) and the weight loss will come. TK

Congrats on being Lifetime! How long have you been on maintenance? I am still trying to figure out my goal weight. Maintenance is tricky!

Congrats on being Lifetime! How long have you been on maintenance? I am still trying to figure out my goal weight. Maintenance is tricky!

A long time but within that stretch I've had to get back on the wagon. My advise is to ALWAYS attend meetings. IF not every week, every couple. As for the goal weight. Set something livable and perhaps about 5 pounds more than you really want to be. Gives you a bit of slack on those weeks you need it.

CONGRATS on maintenance. I remember when I hit my goal. Best accomplishment for sure :thumbsup2

Update:
I have lost 50lbs since my last cruise in March 2013. I have another 60lbs to go. My next cruise is in 13 months.
I may not make my goal weight by then but I will be not only thinner but healthier by then. I will be in my family photos and will participate in the Castaway Cay 5K and get the t-shirt. Those are my goals.

Went to the doctor's last week and I had lost 31 lbs since I last saw him. My blood pressure was down and he took me off of my diuretic and I am still taking a low dose BP pill. He wants me to do all my labs and see him again in 6 months.

A long time but within that stretch I've had to get back on the wagon. My advise is to ALWAYS attend meetings. IF not every week, every couple. As for the goal weight. Set something livable and perhaps about 5 pounds more than you really want to be. Gives you a bit of slack on those weeks you need it. CONGRATS on maintenance. I remember when I hit my goal. Best accomplishment for sure :thumbsup2

I am actually an online member. I'm not having trouble staying on track, just figuring out when I want to call it. lol

Me me!!

I am on a mission this year!! I have had a lifelong battle with weight, I've probably lost a million pounds over the years, which means I've gained back a million and one! UGH!!

Back on track again lately, working out 5 days a week at the gym, elliptical, arc trainer, weights. And I just started training for walking a half marathon in May.

My overall goal is to lose 80 pounds in 9 months, when we cruise on the Dream and also hit WDW. It's ambitious, but I typically average 8 to 10 pounds a month when I am really on the ball. So that's where I'm aiming, though really I am taking it week by week to look at the smaller, more obtainable picture. Baby steps to get there!
As my user name states, I want to be in pictures this trip!!! I always have an excuse to hide behind the camera, and it's time to be proud!

Thanks for this forum!

Me me!!

I am on a mission this year!! I have had a lifelong batter with weight, I've probably lost a million pounds over the years, which means I've gained back a million and one! UGH!!

Back on track again lately, working out 5 days a week at the gym, elliptical, arc trainer, weights. And I just started training for walking a half marathon in May.

My overall goal is to lose 80 pounds in 9 months, when we cruise on the Dream and also hit WDW. It's ambitious, but I typically average 8 to 10 pounds a month when I am really on the ball. So that's where I'm aiming, though really I am taking it week by week to look at the smaller, more obtainable picture. Baby steps to get there!
As my user name states, I want to be in pictures this trip!!! I always have an excuse to hide behind the camera, and it's time to be proud!

Thanks for this forum!
Sounds like a plan! Anything you are able to get off will make you feel better and improve your health.

I hear you about the loosing and gaining. If I had a dollar for every pound I'd be a rich woman.

Have a blast on your cruise!

Hi everyone! I'm DeDe and I'm on a journey to lose weight. I would love to lose 40-50 pounds before my Disneyland Vacation in December 2014. Not sure its reasonable, but I'm going to try. I've currently lost 16 pounds since the first of the year.

Help me stay on track!

Hello all! Today was my first visit to the WISH boards looking for others who are doing Medifast. I'm joining in here as well! I've got about 100lbs to lose. I'm at 237 right now, started at 250 3 weeks ago when I started Medifast.

Hey everybody! I am new to the WISH board. I am going to Italy as a nanny in July. I will be visiting Disneyland Paris, on one of my weekends off. I started my journey 2 weeks ago at 204 pounds. I haven't weighed since I started because I used to have problems with being obsessive about the scale. I have a doctor appointment on Good Friday, a little over a month since I started, and it will serve as my first weigh in. I am working out 6-7 days a week and tracking my food on myfitnesspal. I think I am noticing a difference, but we shall see.

My short term goal: lose 30 lbs by July 1st (4 months)
My long term goal: lose 74 lbs in a year

My goal weight: 130 lbs

WISH me luck!

Hi everyone.

I've been on the WISH boards for a little less than a week so I thought I'd better say hi here before any more time passed!

I started at about 175 (174.8) lbs. I've never weighed even close to that. I am 5'1". About 4 years ago I weighed 134, but due to a lot of big upsets I started emotional eating and indulged in a few too many adult beverages. I've cut that stuff out now and so far I have lost about 6 lbs. I weigh 168.9 right now.

I've been on WW for almost a month now, and it's been a pretty easy transition so far. My plan is to stick with that, but I'd also like to increase my exercise- I haven't been exercising much so far- and increase my fruit and veggie intake. Otherwise I will stick to what I've been doing, which is staying within my WW points for the day.

My goal weight is 149 right now, but I'd like to get back to 134 eventually. I just don't want to overwhelm myself. I often quit eating healthy when I get overwhelmed or think the goal is too daunting. I also don't have a goal date in mind. I'm taking things slow and steady.

Good luck to everyone! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone. :). Just found this thread and love it!

I have a trip in June to DW and want to lose some weight, get healthy and fit before our trip. Ultimately I want to lose 110 LBS. I am using the Jillian Michaels program.

I wish you all good luck and remember to focus on the positive accomplishments no matter how small and do not beat yourself up for "falling off the wagon." It is okay, one day will not kill you! Just get right back on track and do not let one incident snowball into guilt. You can do it one day at a time! :cheer2:

Update:
I have lost 50lbs since my last cruise in March 2013. I have another 60lbs to go. My next cruise is in 13 months.
I may not make my goal weight by then but I will be not only thinner but healthier by then. I will be in my family photos and will participate in the Castaway Cay 5K and get the t-shirt. Those are my goals.

Went to the doctor's last week and I had lost 31 lbs since I last saw him. My blood pressure was down and he took me off of my diuretic and I am still taking a low dose BP pill. He wants me to do all my labs and see him again in 6 months.

So, as of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 61 lbs. Getting closer to goal! 49 lbs to go.

My cruise is 11 months away.

As of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 70 lbs.
40 lbs to go until goal.

Cruise is March 8. Even if I don't make goal by then, I will be much smaller than my last cruise which was at my heaviest.

:woohoo:

As of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting, I have lost 70 lbs.
40 lbs to go until goal.

Cruise is March 8. Even if I don't make goal by then, I will be much smaller than my last cruise which was at my heaviest.

:woohoo:

Great job! You're an inspiration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!