Take out/delivery near the Fort

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Looking for take out dinner/delivery ideas while staying at the Fort.

We also would like to get a birthday cake delivered, so if you know of anywhere, do tell. :)

Take Out? It's hard to beat Trails End/Crockett's Tavern. The GaG (GiddyUp and Go) chicken dinner is cheap (not even by Disney standard) and really good. Comes with sides and enough chicken to feed 4.

j

Awesome. Thank you. We are staying for a week, and plan to bring enough to cook for three nights, but will need to eat out the rest of the time. We prefer to pick up and eat at the RV because we have small children. Are there enough choices at the Fort for 4 nights? We do prefer some healthier options .;)

There is also take out pizza from TE, but from the descriptions of others (cardboard with red sauce) I've been afraid to try it.

There is a menu posted somewhere on here with the take out menu and prices. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it. Ed posted it back in October.
20160319_204630-jpg.274414

j

We were just there the week of Christmas. The P&J's menu was a little different that posted above. They did not have the cowboy sandwich but did have an Italian sandwich. Our experience in the past with the pizza is cardboard with red sauce, not good. The fried chicken IS good as well as the mac & cheese. I got the Italian sandwich, NOT good. Very dry even when submerged in water. No flavor, its meet and bread with a sad excuse for a slice of tomato and a small piece of wilted lettuce all for the low low price of $10. My wife got the Caesar salad with chicken, again NO flavor and about a bite and a half of chicken. The kids got the lone rider. Again the fried chicken and mac & cheese are delicious, but that was the only thing.

Overall I was not impressed with the offerings nor the price for it either. But it was Christmas Eve and we didn't have to leave the property to get it.

Yep can't go wrong with the GaG at Trails End. Best value in Disney. Heck it such a good deal I wish we had something similar around me at home.

I am also a fan of https://giordanos.com/ stuffed deep dish pizza and their LBV location delivers to The Fort. They meet you at The Outpost.

Yep can't go wrong with the GaG at Trails End. Best value in Disney. Heck it such a good deal I wish we had something similar around me at home.

I am also a fan of https://giordanos.com/ stuffed deep dish pizza and their LBV location delivers to The Fort. They meet you at The Outpost.

Thanks for the pizza suggestion! And we'll definitely do the GaG one night.

If i search for a while, I might be able to find the cake thread with the DW in 2014. Had a anniversary cake delivered to trails end. Lined it up through Contemporary. great to work with and easy, just not cheap. LOL, but what is? Found the picture of the cake.
\DSC_1031 (640x427).jpg

Take Out? It's hard to beat Trails End/Crockett's Tavern. The GaG (GiddyUp and Go) chicken dinner is cheap (not even by Disney standard) and really good. Comes with sides and enough chicken to feed 4.

j
I second this! This was a great meal and the price was the best meal deal I have found anywhere at Disney. The fried chicken (some of the best restaurant made ever!), cornbread and Real mashed potatoes were so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!