Take me back to our Happy Place - a July 2020 PTR * BRIEF update 5/27*

Actually who am I kidding, I build downtime into every day...otherwise I just get way too tired...old soul I guess lol. But I find that if the downtime is built into the plan...then I get less antsy about it lol
It is nice to know you have free time! The few times I've tried having 0 plans I get yelled at lol
Pleased to report that I finally got to hold my granddaughter again last night - my introvert lifestyle is almost back to normal!
Yay! So happy you got to see her :goodvibes I am super happy that my stepson and DIL wanted to keep coming over every week during all this. DIL isn't close to her mom and my stepson doesn't get along great with his mom so I'm.....kinda at the top where grandma's are concerned and I won't pretend not to love that ;)
I always plan at least one non-park day - I don't call it a resort day though, because it depends how I feel. It might be a read and rest day, or it might be an explore other resorts day, or might be a DS day, just depends on my energy level, and the state of my sore feet o_O
If I were coming from as far away as you do I'd definitely do a "down" day. Even when we plan non park time it isn't necessarily resort time. The boys love bowling in DS and I know we'll end up renting those sea raycers again, they just like doing things outside the park! And of course Chris likes sleeping.................
You know we love resort days in the Sperandeo house. We get to sleep in, have a yummy brunch, chillax at the pool (drink, a lot), and then enjoy an awesome dinner. That is my fav way to spend a Disney day PERIOD!!!
Ha I know you do! I don't mind having a no park day if we're doing DS and going to a lounge or something lol
I'd never heard of these but sounds right up Casey's alley (and maybe her Mamas). Just ordered her the first book so thanks for the heads up!
Ooh lmk if she likes it and if her mama does too! I actually started reading book 1 before Ricky did years ago.
Gonna have to disagree with ya there sister. :drinking1Is clearly the best draw
:laughing: ok but let's say perfection would be if they served BM's at breakfast :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Is it wrong that I would like to see this happen again?
Not in the least. It's what adults are supposed to want.
We definitely factor chill days into our trips as we're usually there for at least 2 weeks.
I would too if I were lucky enough to stay for 2 weeks! Our last 10 day trip in 2014 the boys were DONE by like day 7 so we needed a break on day 8. I left them sleeping and hit EMH at MK, then went back and when they got up we went swimming. Everyone was happy!
We've also done the mini-golf and water crafts from that area and I have also opted out and stayed by the pool, cocktail in hand and send the males in my life on their merry way :cloud9:
That sounds wonderful but for both of those they'd want me to go. I enjoyed the water craft, mini golf I could take or leave but Disney's courses are so cute.
Definitely, although not usually a full day. Some down time for a sleep in and pool time is necessary after a few busy park days.
We did have a full resort day at PORS, relaxed at the pool, fishing pond, campfire, carriage ride, outdoor movie.
Depends how many days the trip is of course.
See but there was so much to do there! So your resort/non park day at least wasn't just sitting at the pool. THAT'S what I can't do and the boys don't like doing, we need to be doing something where we're in motion. That sounds like an awesome non park day!

You don't have to be…you're going to love it!
I kind of have a feeling I will and I think the boys will too! They were not impressed at all the last time they tried a "new" ride which was SDD lol.
t's not a vacation if we don't spend some time at the pool. We usually do mid-day breaks there
I hate swimming; Chris loves it. Steve doesn't mind sitting down there with a drink and Ricky doesn't enjoy it so basically nobody ends up wanting to go in the pool with poor Chris. However with more summer trips I'm willing to do some pool time, last July we asked the boys a few times if they wanted to go to the CR pool but they kept saying no. I have a feeling they'll go to the BW pool at least once this summer.
think you will all love RotR, it is awesome! It is worth getting up early!
I actually don't mind getting up early if we can take a break in the middle of the day! I enjoy the parks in the morning although I wonder what they'll be like when we go back 🤔
We definitely like to spend time at Disney Springs and we usually pick a couple days to add this in along with a park.
I love going to DS but the boys don't so when we go we need a purpose unfortunately.
That was nice that you can spend time with your granddaughter during this crazy lock down.
They've been coming over every Sunday since we shut down, at first I didn't think they would but they wanted to. I'm very thankful for that!
I've heard lots of good things at the CL at BWI. I can't wait to hear how you like it.
I hear great things too so I'm anxious to compare it to WL and GF.
One of the perks of staying at an Epcot area resort is the ability to walk to HS ahead of the crowd in order to get a boarding group. I'm curious to see how things change when WDW reopens.
That would be my plan, walking over to HS. Hopefully that plan will still work when we go back. I don't see the boarding group thing changing at all so it probably will? Seems like there's no reason we wouldn't be able to but who knows!
The whole boarding group thing disrupts the day and messes with fastpasses and ADR's. The Hollywood Studios cast members of aware of this and are pretty flexible about it, though.
That's how I feel; I hate the idea of not knowing how long we'd have to stay in the park or when we'd need to be back. I'm hoping the return window is still 2 hours when we go although I think it may have changed to an hour? Either that or it goes back and forth. Again who knows!
We have made plans to spend many hours at the pool, but never dedicate an entire day to it. We find that the less time we spend in the parks, the more enjoyable our trip becomes. But we do like to head to a park first thing in the morning.
Steve and I have consistently spent less time in the parks the more often we do adult only trips and we're fine with it. And when we are in the parks we tend to ride fewer attractions. It's more to eat/drink, walk around, do shows or special event activities. With the boys I know we'll do more though.
We have also just done water parks on resort days and DS for dinner on those days.
You know that's one thing we've never done in Disney is a water park?? I kind of want to, but then again I'm not a fan of water parks in general lol. That's another thing we've asked the boys a few times if they want to do and they say no but eventually at least I'll get to one!

even the one time I had one of the waiters doing the "airplane" and feeding me when I didn't finish my food. Yes I do have that photo.
That's hysterical! I remember they put the 3 green beans Steve didn't eat in his ice cream sundae lol. The kids thought it was atrocious!
I got some flack about it from my kids initially but it turned out to be one of the best ways to finish off our trip. We chilled at the pool, had lunch there after checking out of our treehouse villa, and then ended up showering and changing before heading to the airport.
I gotta say, if we end up NOT doing what we planned we usually end up having our best day of a trip :) Sometimes the kids just don't know what they'll like! And ps I really want to stay in a treehouse villa at some point.
'm so excited you're going to 50's Primetime! That's one of our favorites.
I think when I posted the pot roast recipe on my business page your mom said the same thing! I'm looking forward to going back after all these years.
Just ask Mr. Selfie to teach you! 😂
Um he took that picture..................:rolleyes1
I am not a swimmer, but I am great at lounging!! :)
I am better at lounging too! But then I get antsy quick and wonder why I'm not in a park lol.
Belgian waffles for breakfast with whipped cream, maple syrup and peaches with a side of thick slice bacon.
Ooh that sounds fabulous!
PB&J milkshake for the win!!
I have never had this as it sounds yucky to me for some reason, I think the jelly part. But Ricky would LOVE it and I actually have the recipe. I should really have him try it and if he likes it he'll definitely love the "real" version.
Actually, no. My time in Disney is usually fairly short (4-6 days), so I don't really have the time.
Yeah since most of our trips now are no more than 6 full days that's how I feel! I do prefer at least sticking DS in.

Ooh that sounds fabulous!
Not too bad, if I do say so myself. :)
I have never had this as it sounds yucky to me for some reason, I think the jelly part.
Interesting. I looked at the recipe and was actually surprised to see jelly in it. You wouldn't know to drink it. Certainly doesn't taste anything like the consistency of jelly.
But Ricky would LOVE it and I actually have the recipe. I should really have him try it and if he likes it he'll definitely love the "real" version.
Good plan!
Yeah since most of our trips now are no more than 6 full days that's how I feel! I do prefer at least sticking DS in.
::yes::

That's hysterical! I remember they put the 3 green beans Steve didn't eat in his ice cream sundae lol. The kids thought it was atrocious!

I gotta say, if we end up NOT doing what we planned we usually end up having our best day of a trip :) Sometimes the kids just don't know what they'll like! And ps I really want to stay in a treehouse villa at some point.

I gotta agree...that is BLASPHEMY to ruin dessert like that, especially ice cream.

Yes kids definitely don't know what they don't like, it all worked out in the end and it was a nice last day for sure.

I hope you get to stay in a Treehouse...I think this was our 2nd or 3rd time in one...and we really like it though admit they are a bit isolated. We have yet to use the pool there as I prefer the atmosphere of the main pool with a nearby restaurant...and bar.

Steve and I have consistently spent less time in the parks the more often we do adult only trips and we're fine with it. And when we are in the parks we tend to ride fewer attractions. It's more to eat/drink, walk around, do shows or special event activities.
This is us now too. I think we feel less pressured to do things as we’re there for such a long trip and because I know ( well I thought I knew) we will be back again. We went to Portugal last year for a change ( 1st time we hadn’t gone to WDW in over a decade) and I’d booked WDW this year. This years trip has been cancelled so it’s going to have been at least 2 years since we’ve been by the time we get to go back!:sad: I know it’s not a big deal in the grander scheme of things but it feels like a big deal ( some days more than others). I can’t wait to plan another trip!
You know that's one thing we've never done in Disney is a water park?? I kind of want to
We’ve done both the Disney water parks. My boys absolutely love them. The rides are great craic but oh dear God you get a helluva workout climbing all those steps to the top! Every time I say I’m going to get in better shape for the next year and then I get home and the only hill I climb is to the Golf club, at the top of my street, where they have a lovely Bombay Sapphire and fevertree light tonic waiting for me:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:
Good morning! We've survived another week of quarantine! I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day with your kids/grandkids/moms/grandmoms/anyone you consider a mom figure as best you could. My granddaughter did come over and we had a wonderful day with great weather; best of all I got this!
So sweet!
This will be our first morning waking up at the BWI and I'm sure we'll hit the club lounge for breakfast. I think that's one of the best draws to doing CL, being able to grab a quick breakfast before you head out. This works especially well on mornings you want to leave early and we are attempting that this morning! We will be boating or walking to HS to attempt a boarding group (if that's still a thing) for our collective first ride on ROTR.
Loved the option of breakfast in the lounge the one time we stayed CL! And the Nepresso machine for to go lattes....mmmmm!
I thought and thought, and given Ricky's love of milkshakes I almost went with Sci Fi. However I realized he could still try a milkshake at 50's, so that's where we'll be! We haven't been here in YEARS as Chris doesn't like it. Why? Because on that last visit someone was told to keep his elbows off the table and this was his reaction:
Oh Chris! Hopefully this is a better experience!
The menu if you never been here is great because you can get everything from apps to a burger to a prime rib! I myself will be ordering this thing of beauty:
I need that pretzel in my life.
This isn't a "resort day" per se for us, just a day with some possible down time built in. We don't really do resort days although the combination the last few years of going in the summer and the boys getting older and more stubborn has led to us doing later starts or adding non park things to our days like bowling and renting water craft. I just get too bored and am too excited when we're there to spend a whole day at the resort but totally see the appeal for some! So what about you; do you always built one or some resort days into your stays?
I always build in down time.....either a lazy morning or poolside afternoon. Occasionally I'll spend the full day at the resort then hit up the parks at night. My preferred option is rope drop to noon, TS lunch, nap/pool/beverage, casual dinner, evening in the parks. I can't wait to be back!!!!

In Disney news you all know DS is reopening and that made me SO happy.

YES!!!

I know. But YOU know I'm not a SW fan, however I am interested in seeing what the fuss is about as it's always said how amazing the ride is. Hopefully it works out with the boarding group and then depending on crowds we'll try to hit a ride or two before going back to our resort to rest. I'm thinking MAYBE before resting we'll take a quick walk to Les Halles for some 2nd breakfast? Or just hit the lounge again.

It'll be very interesting to see how all of this shakes out when the parks go live agian.

I ended up packing our stuff up and starting to walk away, yelling "bye" to him thinking he'd get out, but he just waved to me from the water and dove back under :sad2: Turnaround time to being dinner-ready was NOT quick!

Kids. :sad2: :laughing:

Last time I had this was in October when I was on my work trip and bailed on Jellyrolls because dinner was HORRIBLE and I needed to eat. My one and so far only solo meal in Disney! It was totally worth it.

I remember that. Know what? You do what ya gotta do. #noregrets

Go ahead and add #selfieskills to the list of things NOT to be jealous of when it comes to me :laughing:

What? It's super cute!!! WAY better than I EVER do.

So what about you; do you always built one or some resort days into your stays?
Depends on the length of the stay. Generally, I'm lucky enough to have longer trips so DO build in at least one day of RESORT and non-park stuff. I love to have some time at DTD, pool time, and dinner at a different resort on those days. If the trip is less than 5 days or so though, it's really tough to fit a whole day of non-park in. The days I HAVE spent doing no-parks have been utterly WONDERFUL though. ::yes::

And from the kids I got these, which I'd heard of but never really looked at. It's a series of books about the Haunted Mansion "Happy Haunts":

I had no idea these existed!!! So glad you posted pics of them :thumbsup2

One of Chris's talents is holding grudges so whenever 50's Prime Time is mentioned he yells out a bit "NOPE!" even now at 14.
Therefore, this will be our secret until about 10 minutes before we eat ;)
Smart idea :rotfl:

I just get too bored and am too excited when we're there to spend a whole day at the resort but totally see the appeal for some! So what about you; do you always built one or some resort days into your stays?
I'm with you, I actually get bored just thinking about spending the day at a resort. :laughing: But to me, two parks in one day is "relaxing", so... :rotfl2:

I also just want to say that I think you're managing the whole "when will Disney open and I can stop being anxious about my upcoming trip(s)" thing really well. You have a good balance of being realistic while staying optimistic. And I think we can finally start leaning towards optimism now that Universal has announced early June for reopening plans :thumbsup2

Hey guys! I know I have some responses to catch up on but I wanted to do a little update first!

Let's start with some non Disney updates. About 2 weeks ago Ricky got a job at Home Depot and has been working full time hours since then. Not exactly what he wanted - he just wanted something else to do and to make some $, he was supposed to go back to the Renegades Stadium

to work again this summer but as that is baseball ( A-team league for the Tampa Bay Rays, Hudson Valley Renegades) it most likely won't be happening. He was happy at first and I was glad he was getting out, but now it's complaining about too many hours and not enough time for school work. Annoying but valid so he's asking the boss to cut his hours. It's like he can't win lol. On the other hand he's been getting spoiled the last few days with lots of graduation "gifts" from this whole "Adopt a Senior" thing going on across the country! Basically a high school starts a FP group where parents post a blurb with pictures about their HS senior. Parents and local teachers are in the group and "invite" friends and others and then people "adopt" the seniors. They are usually adopted by multiple people and while it's often people you know like past teachers, strangers are adopting kids too! At first I thought it was weird but it's honestly so sweet and uplifting. From our old neighbors he got lots of car stuff, candy, gift cards and a bball hoop thing for his dorm room:

One of his 6th grade teachers sent him a really heartfelt card with a $10 Amazon card. Then tonight a stranger, this really cute local young girl who graduated from Quinnipiac and "adopted" him, dropped off this:

Those are the college colors along with lots of goodies lol, gift certificate and a nice list of Quinnipiac "what to know" facts! He's gotten other things too and not only do they all make him smile, it makes me smile! And I'm not one for this corny stuff lol. The icing on the cake where school is concerned is that we found out today that Quinnipiac is "planning to welcome students to move on to campus in late August"!!!!! Like everything else we had no idea if this would happen or not and OMG does this take so much stress of all of us. :thumbsup2

My mom, who has been super nervous about the virus (understandable as she's 73) dropped some stuff off the other day and actually sat on our deck with me and had a beer 🍻 We sat a good distance apart and she walked around the outside of the house to the back instead of coming in, but it was so much nicer than seeing her on the little porch off her 1st floor apartment with me standing on the small patch of grass in front of it 2 feet below her!

And then, remember when I posted that pretty picture of the way our governor had broken up NY into regions for reopening? Well, 7 out of 10 have hit phase 1 which is great. Who hasn't hit all metrics to reopen yet?
NYC
Long Island
US :sad2:

It is extremely frustrating, people are NOT reacting well, but rather than writing anything more political I'll just say it was announced today that we COULD hit phase 1 next week :thumbsup2 @Raeven and @Tracy161 are already there!

Now that I've aired my grievances and bright spots of the week, let's finally move on to TRAVEL!

June is off the table for us. Not surprised, not really disappointed since my expectations weren't high. Super glad I started this PTR with July lol. Before we were even cancelled I went ahead and added two more nights on to our early July stay so instead of July 3-9th we're now there until the 11th, yay!! And because we like to just spend spend and spend, we are continuing those last 2 nights at the BWI Club Level

I did make fastpasses for those extra nights as well as additional dining but, we'll get to that. The even bigger news if you haven't heard..........................

Universal will be opening in early June!!!! Whoooopppppppeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll get back to this, hold on :thumbsup2
About 4 hours before the announcement came that they were hoping to open the 5th, we had gotten that June Disney cancellation email. And then we had decided that since we had airfare we'd go to Orlando anyway! So I went and booked us 4 nights at the Wyndham LBV:

I toured this hotel back in October on our work trip and I liked it the best of all the DS hotels we saw. Plus the pool is open, it's right by the DS bridge, rooms were nice and updated. We figured we'd go to DS and CityWalk, play mini golf there, and definitely go here:

I have ALWAYS wanted to go here and we've never gone to the one in NYC. Since it's already open in Orlando, why not!
Ricky was really happy we were going so I just kept looking at what else was open down there when all of a sudden the Uni announcement came. Can you guess what this "I'm not really a Uni fan" did then?

That's right, she ALSO booked those same 4 nights at Royal Pacific with Uni park tickets! That means while our June Disney trip is not happening our June Orlando trip IS happening and 3 of us are SUPER excited (one of us is excited because I said he needs to get some new clothes before we go). Here's the details in a nutshell:

JUNE 9-13TH
ARRIVE AROUND 1:30 PM THE 9TH
LEAVE AROUND 6PM ON THE 13TH

And in between do Uni parks, DS, and definitely try to fit in Madame Tussaud's regardless! As to the question which resort will we be at, as long as the Uni resorts open along with the parks that's where we'll be. It *look* *appears* *seems* they are going to open and hopefully we'll hear a definite on that by the middle of next week. Either way once we do I'll give a few more details of what that trip will look like!

I hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend 🇺🇸 Here's something to work on while you're BBQ'ing and drinking:

I'll do mine when I update again!

Attachments

• 1590196389407.png
    1590196389407.png
    959.9 KB · Views: 0
I know it’s not a big deal in the grander scheme of things but it feels like a big deal ( some days more than others). I can’t wait to plan another trip!
You know what, if it's a big deal to you or us it IS a big deal. Just because something isn't a live or die situation doesn't mean we can't feel totally disappointed about something we've missed out on during this!
Every time I say I’m going to get in better shape for the next year and then I get home and the only hill I climb is to the Golf club, at the top of my street, where they have a lovely Bombay Sapphire and fevertree light tonic waiting for me:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:rotfl2: I think I've given up getting in better shape! Although I'd definitely climb a hill for a drink :drinking1
Oh Chris! Hopefully this is a better experience!
With him there's about an 80/20 chance that'll happen and the odds are NOT in my favor 🤣
My preferred option is rope drop to noon, TS lunch, nap/pool/beverage, casual dinner, evening in the parks. I can't wait to be back!!!!
I do love that plan. It works best with Steev too as he's an early riser and we've come to like a little afternoon resort r&r.
I remember that. Know what? You do what ya gotta do. #noregrets
Oh definitely no regrets in the least :thumbsup2
What? It's super cute!!! WAY better than I EVER do.
Well when you take 37 of them one's GOTTA look halfway ok :scared:
If the trip is less than 5 days or so though, it's really tough to fit a whole day of non-park in. The days I HAVE spent doing no-parks have been utterly WONDERFUL though. ::yes::
Resort days definitely lend themselves better to longer trips. I've found that whatever day(s) are the least planned end up being our best!
I had no idea these existed!!! So glad you posted pics of them :thumbsup2
I'm almost done with the first one it's so fun!
I also just want to say that I think you're managing the whole "when will Disney open and I can stop being anxious about my upcoming trip(s)" thing really well. You have a good balance of being realistic while staying optimistic. And I think we can finally start leaning towards optimism now that Universal has announced early June for reopening plans :thumbsup2
This is so nice for you to say and I loved hearing it :hug: I've tried. With everything about this whole thing. I had to for the kids and for work but between clients and keeping this a "safe" place lol and for all my friends who are also missing their happy place I knew I'd be better off trying to stay shiny :sunny: Believe me it's not my usual disposition!

Ok I scored 9 on Disney Bingo if I can count being chosen to be "family of the day Grand Marshals" in the MGM parade way back when they did that! It was amazing! I still remember the cast member Jenny-Sue who chose us when I called into guest relations just through the park entrance to book Mama Melroses for dinner that evening which wasn't a problem at all back in 1999/2000 (must look up which year it was). Kids absolutely loved it and husband came close to divorcing me :rotfl: He had to sit in the front of the car while I sat in the back with the 2 kiddos and we had to wave at everyone while the announced our family several times throughout the parade route. All the while my lovely hubby is muttering to me "if there's anyone here that knows me I'm going to be scundered (embarrassed) for life ". He was super happy though that we got to skip to the front of the line for every attraction so yeah I wasn't too sympathetic to his red face going on parade :rotfl:That has to be our best day ever at a park except poor number 3 child wasn't born yet though given that characters terrified him when he was wee I'm not sure that 1) that's a bad thing and 2) they didn't give me the wrong child at the hospital - I mean seriously how can I have given birth to a characterphobic child:scared1: He luckily proves to be mine by the fact that he absolutely loves everything else about WDW and is my little planner appearing with lists of must eat places and rides :thumbsup2

I love all the adopt a senior gifts that Ricky is getting . We got a luxury food and wine hamper yesterday from some guys that work with my husband and it made us all smile. I think it's just lovely to know someone is thinking of you and given that Ricky missed out on so much it's great that he's getting some treats. Congrats on the job- it'll be great to have a few dollars saved before he heads off to college.
So pleased your June trip is happening. We've stayed in both those hotels. Royal Pacific is great for ease of access to Universal and we loved the Wyndham for the easy walk to DTD. I'm excited for you all :goodvibes

How exciting!!! I am way jealous!

It’a not Disney but still going to be amazing, also I think Disney may opened sooner now that Universal has announced. Like move up there date whatever date that was.

I do think July will happen in some capacity but I’m wishful thinking over here!

So happy for Ricky! That’s so exciting about fall semester!! And the adopt a senior!

Love the adopt a senior idea. :) Nice that Ricky is getting something for his efforts. :)
I love Madame Tussaud's. Been to 2-3 of them.
And I guess I'm just a Disney Fan. I haven't eaten or drunk around the world and almost certainly never will. Nor have I done the 4 park challenge. Not being a big character fan, I've not had my photo done with Mickey and I haven't had a chance to ride the Skyliner yet.

Those are the college colors along with lots of goodies lol, gift certificate and a nice list of Quinnipiac "what to know" facts! He's gotten other things too and not only do they all make him smile, it makes me smile! And I'm not one for this corny stuff lol. The icing on the cake where school is concerned is that we found out today that Quinnipiac is "planning to welcome students to move on to campus in late August"!!!!! Like everything else we had no idea if this would happen or not and OMG does this take so much stress of all of us. :thumbsup2
That's such good news!! I love the adopt a senior idea....the gift he got from the other Quinnipiac student is SO sweet! And great news on residence! :)
That's right, she ALSO booked those same 4 nights at Royal Pacific with Uni park tickets! That means while our June Disney trip is not happening our June Orlando trip IS happening and 3 of us are SUPER excited (one of us is excited because I said he needs to get some new clothes before we go). Here's the details in a nutshell:

JUNE 9-13TH
ARRIVE AROUND 1:30 PM THE 9TH
LEAVE AROUND 6PM ON THE 13TH

And in between do Uni parks, DS, and definitely try to fit in Madame Tussaud's regardless! As to the question which resort will we be at, as long as the Uni resorts open along with the parks that's where we'll be. It *look* *appears* *seems* they are going to open and hopefully we'll hear a definite on that by the middle of next week. Either way once we do I'll give a few more details of what that trip will look like!
So fun! I really hope the trip works out for you! Will you be affected by the mandatory 14 day quarantine for people coming in from the tri state area or do you think it will be lifted by then?

The icing on the cake where school is concerned is that we found out today that Quinnipiac is "planning to welcome students to move on to campus in late August"!!!!!
I think that it is great that so many colleges are planning to open again. Ricky must be really excited about that. :)
My mom, who has been super nervous about the virus (understandable as she's 73) dropped some stuff off the other day and actually sat on our deck with me and had a beer 🍻
We have been reluctant to get too close to anyone, too, just in case. But I figure that after 9 weeks of quarantine, most of us are safe now. We had company for dinner last night, something we haven't had for months. Our daughter and her family came over and it was nice to do something normal again.
Who hasn't hit all metrics to reopen yet?
That is harsh. :( Illinois is finally opening more things on Friday, except for the city of Chicago. Thank goodness we live in the suburbs.
we are continuing those last 2 nights at the BWI Club Level
That sounds really nice. :)
That means while our June Disney trip is not happening our June Orlando trip IS happening
That worked out really well for you. :)
Here's something to work on
We did everything on that Bingo board except drink around the world and dessert party. Back in the day when Hollywood Studios was MGM, DH was selected to be a Detective in a stage act that pulled several people from the audience. And our son made it onto the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" show. He never got farther than the $1,000 mark, but it was lots of fun. They didn't give cash awards at that level, they gave him a lanyard and lots of pins, though.

Love the adopt a graduate thing. I hadn't heard about this at all but the only other people we like in our neighborhood have a daughter due to graduate. You've inspired me to get her a little something. Feel so terrible for these seniors.

Glad to hear you've been able to resurrect some semblance of a June trip. I'm sure it will be nice to have just a little Disney in your life. I'm thinking about maybe going in August for my birthday again but think I'm going to see how things are going first. And of course we have October planned already. Only 160 more days :sad: Think we'll venture to the WV cabin or Savannah sooner rather than later to dip our toes in the water that isn't my house :D

Ok I scored 9 on Disney Bingo if I can count being chosen to be "family of the day Grand Marshals" in the MGM parade way back when they did that!
Nine is great!
All of us have been picked for something but boy am I jealous! I always wanted to be the Grand Marshals! I also remember - and loved - the MGM parade :) I have lots of pictures! We watched it our first visit with the boys and Cruella came over to steal some popcorn from Chris in his stroller lol
All the while my lovely hubby is muttering to me "if there's anyone here that knows me I'm going to be scundered (embarrassed) for life ".
Ha that would be Chris!
e luckily proves to be mine by the fact that he absolutely loves everything else about WDW and is my little planner appearing with lists of must eat places and rides :thumbsup2
See I wonder how Chris could be mine :rotfl2:Besides not loving Disney he does not like Italian food and we're like, really Italian!!!
We got a luxury food and wine hamper yesterday from some guys that work with my husband and it made us all smile.
Oh that sounds lovely. Steve's boss sent them a link to pick out their own candy basket from this company but I'd have preferred wine 🍷
I think it's just lovely to know someone is thinking of you and given that Ricky missed out on so much it's great that he's getting some treats. Congrats on the job-
It really makes me feel good that people are so eager to do this not only for him but for all the other seniors. All the parents are showing pictures of the kids with the gifts they get and it's pretty amazing!
It’a not Disney but still going to be amazing, also I think Disney may opened sooner now that Universal has announced. Like move up there date whatever date that was.
The boys really like Uni so they'll be happy! And I'll be glad to get away, go to DS, get macarons at toothsome lol. I'm cautiously optimistic that we get some useful info from Disney by Friday??? But not holding my breath!
I do think July will happen in some capacity but I’m wishful thinking over here!
Well I definitely think July will be a go :thumbsup2 I do hope for our July 3rd trip but if not we'll go later in the month! I'll get Ricky there before college starts one way or another!
Love the adopt a senior idea. :) Nice that Ricky is getting something for his efforts.
I was skeptical at first and wasn't going to sign him up but so glad I did. It's actually very touching :)
love Madame Tussaud's. Been to 2-3 of them.
I find it strange we haven't been to the one in NY but Steve never wanted to go. This is the first time he gave it a thumbs up and that's probably because Ricky wants to go. I'll take it any way I can lol
I haven't eaten or drunk around the world and almost certainly never will. Nor have I done the 4 park challenge. Not being a big character fan, I've not had my photo done with Mickey and I haven't had a chance to ride the Skyliner yet.
We did 4 parks one day; we attempted a couple other times but ended up having a good time and stayed at #'s 2 and 3 too long and really didn't care. It wasn't so much a "challenge" for us as it was "hey let's see if we can hit all 4 parks!"
That's such good news!! I love the adopt a senior idea....the gift he got from the other Quinnipiac student is SO sweet! And great news on residence!
Honestly that's my favorite so far. And she's a young girl, early 20's, and so as weird as this may sound that makes it even more special!
Will you be affected by the mandatory 14 day quarantine for people coming in from the tri state area or do you think it will be lifted by then?
If it isn't lifted by then, yes we will have to fill out a paper when we get off the plane. The 14 day quarantine is basically "on the honor system" and while they can fine you if you're found to not be quarantining they have not done so to anyone (reportedly) so far and many guests from NY,NJ,CT and Louisiana have been going the last few months and enjoying beaches etc with no issue :thumbsup2 Right now it's supposedly in place through 7/8 but I do think it'll be lifted when at least 2 of the "big 3" theme parks open so we just need Disney or SeaWorld to open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!