Tables in Wonderland

Agreed to both. We usually have 1-2 alcoholic drinks with a nicer dinner. Not big drinkers, but we go to TS and Sig restaurants a lot, and with an under 3. So we are big tippers too... Between last August and this February, we are spending 14 nights. Restaurants where we have used or will use TiW include (off the top of my head; all for dinner unless otherwise stated):

Cali Grill 2x
Akershus 2x
Crystal Palace 2x (brunch)
Tusker House 2x (brunch)
Tiffins
BOG dinner
Flying Fish
H&V (breakfast)
CRT
1900 Park Fare
Coral Reef
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)
Trattoria al Forno (breakfast)
50s Prime Time
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

kboo, you might want to try Ohana.

We have done the dinner but not the breakfast, the dinner was so good that we are making it one of our "regular" reservations for our WDW vacations. Congratulations on the VGF contact!

It's difficult to make the maths work unless you are a big drinker or a local. As stated, you already get 10% off at most table service.
“Most” is an overstatement. I think there’s about a 20%-25% overlap between the normal DVC discount and TiW.

has anyone done a comparison of restaurants the each plan has?

“Most” is an overstatement. I think there’s about a 20%-25% overlap between the normal DVC discount and TiW.
They increased them to many restaurants now. See the article on DVC news I think it was. I have a spreadsheet of all the discounts (someone did it and posted it on Facebook) and there is a lot more than 25% overlap between DVC and TIW now.

We are passing on the TIW this year. If it weren’t For the Villians Discount last year, I do not think we would have covered the cost plus a decent discount. Of course, last year they offered 20% off many restaurants due to the 45 anniversary celebration. With many of the restaurants we use having a 10% AP discount without us paying $150,we’!l see how we make out.

Yes this shows there's much more than a 20-25% overlap. It's great to see them extending the DVC discount so extensively, even if it's only 10% Definately needs taking into account before you spend $150 on TIW.
This is the one I always use. It says it was updated this weekend. A lot fell off after the anniversary celebration.
http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

What a great site! After looking at it, I feel the TIW is even better deal (for us).

Thanks

That looks right. It's a lot more than 20-25% , I haven't counted it up but more like 70% from looking at it.
Looks like 55% overlap if I counted correctly. 85 restaurants that accept TiW and 46 of those also offer a DVC discount. It is more than I remember from before the anniversary special.

Looks like 55% overlap if I counted correctly. 85 restaurants that accept TiW and 46 of those also offer a DVC discount. It is more than I remember from before the anniversary special.
And if you take table service it's higher. TIW wins out on QS and for some reason if you eat almost all your meals in MK, you stand more of a chance of getting your money back.
I think the advice has to be look in the new list, a lot of your restaurants you may visit are possibly 10% off anyway and so do the maths. It's a pure mathematical exercise as to whether it's worth it or not, but the advice that you have to spend $750 is possibly quite far from the mark now, it's probably quite a bit more for a lot of people. It certainly would be for me. There are some who will save, and for those it's a no brainer, but they will be in quite a niche group compared to the majority I would have thought now.

And if you take table service it's higher. TIW wins out on QS and for some reason if you eat almost all your meals in MK, you stand more of a chance of getting your money back.
I think the advice has to be look in the new list, a lot of your restaurants you may visit are possibly 10% off anyway and so do the maths. It's a pure mathematical exercise as to whether it's worth it or not, but the advice that you have to spend $750 is possibly quite far from the mark now, it's probably quite a bit more for a lot of people. It certainly would be for me. There are some who will save, and for those it's a no brainer, but they will be in quite a niche group compared to the majority I would have thought now.

I'm sure that's what Disney is going for. Just like the DDP, there is a way that some people can save money, so it is not an out and out bad deal, but you have to work so hard to make sure it works to your advantage. People will still buy it for its convenience, though, so that they do not have to check mouseperks every time they go to a table service restaurant.

We ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse our first night - 7 adults - cocktails and a few bottles of wine brought us up over $750!!!
For people like you TIW would undoubtedly be worthwhile. But $100 a head for a meal (even at Disney- $120 with tip?) is not the norm, even for Disney travellers , or at least on a regular basis. Was it worth the price? I spent similar at Narcoosees last year and it certainly wasn't (I was in dining plan though).

I'm sure that's what Disney is going for. Just like the DDP, there is a way that some people can save money, so it is not an out and out bad deal, but you have to work so hard to make sure it works to your advantage. People will still buy it for its convenience, though, so that they do not have to check mouseperks every time they go to a table service restaurant.
I agree with that. Good headliners, makes it look like a good deal, some will get value, but rely on people buying based on headlines without doing the maths.

It's funny when you have to run mathematical calculations in order to just eat a meal........ and also plan it 180 days in advance. oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter