Table for 2?

puzzledprincess

Mouseketeer
Has any one had luck getting a table for 2 on the Fantasy for the main dining rooms? I put in a request but wondering if it is even possible. Thanks!

Has any one had luck getting a table for 2 on the Fantasy for the main dining rooms? I put in a request but wondering if it is even possible. Thanks!

Yes, it's possible. The Fantasy has several small tables but they're so close to each other it's almost like being at a very long table.

Yes! We have had luck on The Fantasy, The Magic and The Wonder every time we have requested a private table.
But I will tell you, the tables are very close to each other (usually a 4 top). You can pretty much hear the conversations at the next table.
I am all about chatting with the people at the next table, but we just want our own table, we don't want to linger for a 1 1/2-2 hour meal.
We are usually finished in a little over an hour and we can get up and leave when we want.

but we just want our own table, we don't want to linger for a 1 1/2-2 hour meal.
We are usually finished in a little over an hour and we can get up and leave when we want.

Haha this is the opposite of the group I usually travel with. We are usually the last ones out of the dining room in the late seating because we are chatting with the servers and ordering a bunch of food.

Yes! We have had luck on The Fantasy, The Magic and The Wonder every time we have requested a private table.
But I will tell you, the tables are very close to each other (usually a 4 top). You can pretty much hear the conversations at the next table.
I am all about chatting with the people at the next table, but we just want our own table, we don't want to linger for a 1 1/2-2 hour meal.
Exactly how we dine as well.

Haha this is the opposite of the group I usually travel with. We are usually the last ones out of the dining room in the late seating because we are chatting with the servers and ordering a bunch of food.
I have been told by our favorite server, who will remain nameless, that the people who linger after dinner on the late seating prolongs the servers shift. Perhaps, taking the conversation to a lounge might be better for them. They have such long horrible days. I truly feel sorry for them.

Hahhh, I hadn't thought about this angle -- didn't request a private table as a solo. I think I might just be uncouth enough to simply excuse myself and leave while my table companions are still eating if I feel ready to be done, though.

I have been told by our favorite server, who will remain nameless, that the people who linger after dinner on the late seating prolongs the servers shift. Perhaps, taking the conversation to a lounge might be better for them. They have such long horrible days. I truly feel sorry for them.
I could totally see how that is the case but usually we stay because they are talking to us! They are telling us about their day and their families back home and joking around with us. I totally understand that they are trying to get out of there and sometimes we see servers prepping the dining room for breakfast but we aren’t trying to keep them there! We just enjoy talking and hearing about them. They are human beings too and I’m guessing sometimes it is nice to be talked to on a human level instead of just taking orders. We definitely know how to take a hint and leave if they are trying to get out of there.

I cruise solo most of the time and otherwise as a duo.
Got a private table two weeks ago on the Fantasy but didn't get it in October.
The other times I cruised solo I was on the Wonder and Magic and got it every time.
As a duo however, I never got a private table...
I like to get a private table cause I know I'll often be late (stuck in character lines somewhere) and don't want to sit there for over an hour. Often I'll just eat a maincourse and leave again.

I cruise solo most of the time and otherwise as a duo.
Got a private table two weeks ago on the Fantasy but didn't get it in October.
The other times I cruised solo I was on the Wonder and Magic and got it every time.
As a duo however, I never got a private table...
I like to get a private table cause I know I'll often be late (stuck in character lines somewhere) and don't want to sit there for over an hour. Often I'll just eat a maincourse and leave again.
Good to know! Thanks!

Our last three cruises on the Dream was just my wife and I and we have been sat at a four top table with just the two of us. We did sail concierge and I think that tables without other guests are the norm.

I'm a solo cruiser and with the exception of my first Disney Cruise I have requested my own table and received it each and every time. I would suggest that you confirm your request for your own table on the day you board.

My husband and I have never personally requested a 2-person table since most of our Disney Cruises have been with our 4 daughters or another couple; however, my sister and her husband have requested a 2-person table on 3 different cruises - their request was granted on their first Disney Cruise because they were on their Honeymoon, their second request was not granted and they were seated at a 8 person table with 6 other people and their 3rd request was granted but they were sailing concierge and I am sure anyone sailing Concierge is granted pretty much any request. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a note put on your reservation and see if they grant your request.

My husband and I have never personally requested a 2-person table since most of our Disney Cruises have been with our 4 daughters or another couple; however, my sister and her husband have requested a 2-person table on 3 different cruises - their request was granted on their first Disney Cruise because they were on their Honeymoon, their second request was not granted and they were seated at a 8 person table with 6 other people and their 3rd request was granted but they were sailing concierge and I am sure anyone sailing Concierge is granted pretty much any request. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a note put on your reservation and see if they grant your request.
Thanks! I had them make a note in my reservation. Of course they can’t guarantee anything but we will see :)

DH and I have always been able to get a table for just he 2 of us. First cruise was a family cruise so it didn't matter. Second, we requested the table for 2 and they walked up to a large table with 10, and we asked to see the head waiter, and he immediate got us another table. Since then we always request it (6 cruises), but always make sure to verify it on embarkation day. They usually set up to do Palo and/or Remy reservations and also special dining requests for the Main dining rooms. We take the time to wait in line and confirm. They even accommodated us last year when we had to cancel our original cruise when my mom passed away and we ended up rebooking it 3 weeks before sailing. Now, we always do the second seating, and I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Our last three cruises on the Dream was just my wife and I and we have been sat at a four top table with just the two of us. We did sail concierge and I think that tables without other guests are the norm.
If Concierge, you’ll get a private table by default. You can request to be seated with other guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter