Symphony of the Seas questions

orangecuse

DIS Veteran
I have several questions if anyone can help!

Is there much to do in terms of daily activities outside the big ticket items? E.g. crafts or trivia?

How bad is the line/crowds for things like the small kids water park (kids are 3 and 5) or the carousel?

Is it easy enough to book things like cupcake class or get seats at shows?

We were on the symphony in June 2019 so it’s been awhile. I didn’t ever really notice a long long at the carousel. The cupcake class was easy to get. That’s all I can help you with, my daughter is older. Have a great time. It’s a fantastic ship!

Was on Symphony in July on a sold-out cruise. Have also been on Oasis and Allure.

Lots to do every day. One day we did a murder mystery type game. Lots of trivia etc.

Lines are not bad at all. We went to the carousel every night after dinner and the kids rode it 3-5 times. Sometimes they had to wait one ride in line, but often they could get right back on again. As far as the kid's water park they never hit capacity and our kids just went in and played how they wanted. We rode the big slides and on sea days we waited like 15-20 min during the busy part of the day.

The shows are the one thing that I don't like about the Oasis class (symphony, harmony, allure, oasis). Because there are multiple venues doing different shows on different days, they can't fit everyone into the shows. You NEED to book your shows or you're likely not getting a seat. Especially for the Aqua show and Ice shows. The main theater isn't too bad to get into, but you will be waiting in line for any show you don't have a booked seat for. I'm not sure how they will be doing it when you go on your cruise. You used to be able to book them online or in the app 30 days out or so. When we went you had to book them once you were on board on the ship's Wi-Fi.

My other top-tip is to use central park (deck 8) when you need to go forward or aft. The promenade deck can get pretty crowded but central park is usually quiet and easier to cross. It is pretty slippery if it's been raining or they're watering the plants though. If it's raining they have umbrellas at each end you can use to walk across which is fun! Also be sure to hit up park cafe, it's not busy especially the first half of the cruise. Same goes for the Solarium bistro. Eat breakfast there instead of the wind jammer. The kids are totally allowed to eat there and the food is essentially the same as the wind jammer, maybe a bit nicer even, and it's much easier to find a seat.

For shows, make sure to get reservations as soon as you board for any shows that require reservations.

DO NOT MISS: Flight or Hairspray, both are incredible.

Interesting to note that on Disney Cruises, we find we tend to prefer late dining and go to the show before hand, but on Royal we tend to prefer early dining (5:30 PM) and then go to the first show after that, then if we want to see it a second time, we can as long as there is room for those in Standby.

As for activities, there is always something (usually more than one thing) going on at any given time, enough that you can't possibly do everything, so remember to schedule down time too.

No real line for the carousel, maybe at most two cycles worth of a line in the worst case scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter