SWW Resort

jillmc40

DIS Veteran
I am trying to figure out how I can swing a SWW trip for my ds4 whose birthday will happen to fall on a SWW and Memorial Day weekend. Being that he is a huge SW fan I thought it would be really cool! I own at VGF but was thinking an Epcot resort would be better for this obviously. So, what is the best (ie closest and available) resort for SWW? I was thinking BWV? At 7 months out would I be able to get a studio or is it most likely a 1 bedroom, or nothing at all? I would be up at the crack on 7 months out, just wondering how I should plan to allocate other points (we are also going Easter and hopefully early december). Could anyone give me some insight on what availability is typically like during Memorial Day/SWW at an Epcot resort? Thanks!

With BWV being a larger resort, I would try for that and you should have luck at 7 months.

We own at BWV and last year, we made a change at 7 months to VWL so I know that there were rooms to be had, especially the garden/pool view ones!

Good luck!

With BWV being a larger resort, I would try for that and you should have luck at 7 months.

We own at BWV and last year, we made a change at 7 months to VWL so I know that there were rooms to be had, especially the garden/pool view ones!

Good luck!

Ok, great, thank you! I heard that 1 bedrooms were easier than studios, so maybe I will plan on forking over 150 pts and if it is less then that means a nicer trip the following Easter :cool1: Do people usually go for preferred or standard at BWV? Would a boardwalk view be considered preferred?

I booked both our 2013 BCV and BWV at 6-7 months. It's the week after Memorial weekend for us and the last week of low-er points before Summer starts. Also last week of SWW.

Both will work for DHS. While DHS is walkable from BWV, it's too far of a walk for us, so we normally take the boats anyway. BCV is definitely walking distance from Epcot from the villas.

Would a boardwalk view be considered preferred?

Boardwalk view is a booking category. It takes the same number of points as preferred so if it is available - go for it! :)

Boardwalk Villas has three booking catoegories for the room sizes: standard, preferred and boardwalk. Although the Grand Villas are all Boardwalk View.

Thank you! I have looked into BWV a little more and I am getting excited! It is soooo far away but I like to have a plan, and I think this will be a lot of fun! Booking on points makes me nervous, will I not have enough in the end? Too many? I'm sure there is a stats app out there for the likelihood of a resort/view having availability at 7 months out :rotfl2:

I guess it is always a good idea to book your home resort at 11 and then change at 7 months just to make sure you are not homeless...

Thank you! I have looked into BWV a little more and I am getting excited! It is soooo far away but I like to have a plan, and I think this will be a lot of fun! Booking on points makes me nervous, will I not have enough in the end? Too many? I'm sure there is a stats app out there for the likelihood of a resort/view having availability at 7 months out :rotfl2:

I guess it is always a good idea to book your home resort at 11 and then change at 7 months just to make sure you are not homeless...

I always book my home resort (BWV) and then switch at 7 if I am trying for another resort. We are going next May and be ause we have stayed at BWV so many times, hoping to get BLT OR BCV

Be very prepared for the CROWDS at SWW...I was there this year with our grandson that was turning 4 a few weeks later. What a zoo...we had to get a spot (in the sun) for the parade at least 70 minutes before...luckily he had a hat and would stay in the stroller with the sun roof down...it was hot...I forgot my hat, and was sick to my stomach waiting...but I did it! We walked over to BWV to swim in the clown pool after, what a relief (pool hopping, and we did ask). We had a fantasmic package for that night, at 3:30 so back we went, and walked around and saw some characters after dinner...fantasmic package seats are now in the middle and we got great seats 30 minutes before the show. WE didn't get on one ride/show that entire day...crowds were just too crazy... :confused:BUT, In 2014, we'll be taking him and his older brother back, and I will be smarter. Get a spot earlier and IN THE SHADE, bring lots of water and MY HAT...and leave after the parade....clown pool sounds about right...if not, we're at BCV...BUT the clown pool is so cool for kids that like slides!:yay:

I seem to only go at crazy crowded times. Easter, presidents week, so I am prepared. Thanks for warning me though :). The mid day clown pool sounds great! I hope we can take advantage of that! What a nice grandma u are :)

PLAN on booking Preferred View (i.e. plan on having that number of points available to use).

If Standard View is available and you want to save some points, the views are fine and the value is wonderful.

If Boardwalk View is available and you don't care about saving points grab it.

Otherwise the regular preferred view rooms tend to overlook one of the pools.

Even as a Boardwalk Owner, when I make reservations eleven months out (our normal travel time is over Food and Wine when BWV books quickly) we PLAN on staying preferred view and see what we get.

PLAN on booking Preferred View (i.e. plan on having that number of points available to use).

If Standard View is available and you want to save some points, the views are fine and the value is wonderful.

If Boardwalk View is available and you don't care about saving points grab it.

Otherwise the regular preferred view rooms tend to overlook one of the pools.

Even as a Boardwalk Owner, when I make reservations eleven months out (our normal travel time is over Food and Wine when BWV books quickly) we PLAN on staying preferred view and see what we get.

Thank you for verifying. That is what I was planning on doing, but being that I have never done this before I am a little nervous. I don't really care too much about views, I will take what I can get, except when at AKV, then I NEED Savannah view :love:

We stayed BWV standard in a 1BR for SWW first week of June 2010. Luckily, I had no problem getting 5 nights standard at all at 7 months out. Not saying you would be able to get it now but I didn't have any issues then.

Fast forward to this year and I'm trying to get all our nights for October in a BWV 1BR standard and was not successful at 7 months. So far, we've got the last 3 nights but I'm still WL'd for the first 4 nights. Keeping our fingers crossed and keep checking online but no luck yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter