SWL parking info + other updates, park pics and maps

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
In other words, the usual suspects ;-).

I was told by a Disneyland executive at the rope this morning that the parking structure will open at midnight on May 31. Another guest said that he'd heard it would be open 14 hours but the exec quickly dispelled that.

For those that didn't see my earlier thread, Pizza Planet will close tomorrow for a refurb that will last until May 24. A CM there told me that they'll simply further the PP theming.

The refurb walls that covered much of the stores in Frontierland and down now and guests may once again shop there in (relative) peace :-). Some of the walls near the hub are also down, notably where the guest info desk is (was). You'll all recall that there was a board that listed wait times for various attractions. It comes as little surprise to anyone to learn that it's gone now.

I was first in the park this morning and first on PP. As a friend often says to me on Sundays at the park, when we do it that way, the day simply feel that it stated correctly.

BTW, I brought back a few map sets. If anyone would like one, please shoot me a message.

Park pics --

Complimentary flowers for all mothers :-).

IMG_9947.JPG

Same again :-).

IMG_9949.JPG

First in the park.
IMG_9950.JPG

IMG_9953.JPG

IMG_9954.JPG

IMG_9963.JPG

IMG_9970.JPG

IMG_9972.JPG

My second round of Buzz this morning. Very pleased that I broke 2M on one gun and then scored a further 1.5M on the other. As many of you know, if you exceed 2,096,000, your score will reset (it happened to me earlier today) and you start over from zero. So it's kind of tricky to break 2M but not exceed 2,096,000. Incidentally, my scores, at the time claimed first and second place. Consequently, I was able to enter my initials twice (once per each score). Keep that it mind if something similar ever happens to you.

IMG_9976.JPG

Last edited:
More pics:

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

The guest info area just on the outside of the hub (near Jolly Holiday) is now much smaller. It's almost hard to tell that it's even there.

IMG_9977.JPG

This is one of the reasons that I love Frontierland. At 9:30 (90 minutes after the park had opened), it was still very lightly trafficked.
IMG_9979.JPG

The refurb walls have been banished from Frontierland.
IMG_9984.JPG

IMG_9986.JPG

A little wind later in the day.
IMG_9999.JPG

Last edited:
When did the Information Kiosk umbrellas change from green to burgundy? We usually tell people to look for the green umbrellas. Oh well, not anymore... at least for now.

When did the Information Kiosk umbrellas change from green to burgundy? We usually tell people to look for the green umbrellas. Oh well, not anymore... at least for now.
I'm not sure. But in a Fresh Baked video from late March, there's a glimpse of the umbrellas and they were burgundy then.Burg.jpg

I'm not sure. But in a Fresh Baked video from late March, there's a glimpse of the umbrellas and they were burgundy then.View attachment 400497
Hmmm... curiouser and curiouser! I will have to ask about this on our next visit.

UPDATE (5/26/19):
Asked about this today at the Information Kiosk at the Hub. CMs there told me that they don't know exactly when the umbrellas changed color, but that the main Information Kiosk (Hub) in DL has red umbrellas and all other Kiosks have green umbrellas. Starting May 31st, there will be a new Kiosk outside the Big Thunder Trail entrance to SWGE. It should have a green umbrella.
In DCA, the main Kiosk at Carthay Circle has a red awning. The CL Kiosk has a green umbrella and the Pixar Pier Kiosk has an umbrella with the colors of the Pixar ball.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter