Switch from RPR Club Level to PBH?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
We are going over Presidents week in mid-February. It will be me, DH, and our DS triplets, age 10. Staying Club Level. Here are the Pros and cons of each:

Royal Pacific—Pros

• Newer rooms
  • Location—closer to parks
  • Location—close to Sapphire Falls—boys enjoyed the pool and food there
  • New lobby with Starbucks
  • Laundry facility on site
  • $335 less for 8 nights
  • Location of CL room—closet to resort room and on the same floor
  • Hotel is easier to navigate as not as spread out

Royal Pacific—Cons

• Continental breakfast for Club Level
  • May be busier as it is booked
  • Smaller rooms
  • Smaller bathrooms (1 sink)
  • We currently have our eight nights spread out over two separate reservations. This is the only way we were able to book the club level. We are hoping we will not have to check out of one room and check into another, but there’s no guarantee we won’t.

Portofino—Pros:

• Luxurious Resort
  • Bigger Rooms
  • Better Continental breakfast for CL
  • More dining options
  • Better pool & more pool options
  • Bigger Bathroom
  • May be less busy due to refurbishments

Portofino—Cons:

• Location—further from parks
  • No laundry facility on site (We are flying and trying to limit what we pack, so we will likely be doing laundry during our stay)
  • Location of CL room — not necessarily on the same floor
  • Refurbishments could make or break the vacation depending on noise or inconvenience (A message pops up that says there will be noise and rooms will be undergoing reservations and temporary walls may be used)
  • $335 more for the 8 nights
  • Resort, in general, is more spread out
  • Rooms were a bit dated on our last trip (probably why they are refurbishing)
  • We found the housekeeping not as good at this resort, But that may have just been a one time thing?

What would you do? TIA

There is supposed to be a laundry opening in PB....it should surely be open now but haven't seen anyone report it is open.

I never consider a bigger bathroom to be a pro anywhere, how little time you spend in it.....unless one room gave you two bathrooms with having five of you.

I also wouldn`t let the refurb noise put you off PBH. We were at RP during their room refurbishment phases and the more recent lobby refurb......it was fine and didn`t impact anything about our trips. PB will be the same and do everything they can to make sure guests aren't disturbed too much, or as little as possible.

Not much help really.......if a bigger room and more choices at breakfast are winners for you, then go with PB. If distance and convenience are more important go with RP.

If you have club booked for all the nights in two reservations and staying in same room, no problem
Front desk will check you out and back in with no issues

When you first check in to the hotel, let them know you do not want to switch rooms
I have read a few trip reports in the past others had same situation and were able to stay in the same room
Since your boys want to hit the pool ( and eat) at SF, staying at RP would be super convenient for you

A short walk for that...

Update—RPR is $335 more for the 8 nights and not Portofino Bay. Not sure if that matters, but Portofino is actually less.

If you have club booked for all the nights in two reservations and staying in same room, no problem
Front desk will check you out and back in with no issues

When you first check in to the hotel, let them know you do not want to switch rooms
I have read a few trip reports in the past others had same situation and were able to stay in the same room
Since your boys want to hit the pool ( and eat) at SF, staying at RP would be super convenient for you

A short walk for that...
The fact that we can pool hop makes it less important that we chose one pool over the hotel, but it is nice that RPR seems to be closer to SF and Cabana Bay. We’ve never stayed at Cabana Bay but we’ve heard they have a lot of stuff for younger kids and tweens.

There is supposed to be a laundry opening in PB....it should surely be open now but haven't seen anyone report it is open.

I never consider a bigger bathroom to be a pro anywhere, how little time you spend in it.....unless one room gave you two bathrooms with having five of you.

I also wouldn`t let the refurb noise put you off PBH. We were at RP during their room refurbishment phases and the more recent lobby refurb......it was fine and didn`t impact anything about our trips. PB will be the same and do everything they can to make sure guests aren't disturbed too much, or as little as possible.

Not much help really.......if a bigger room and more choices at breakfast are winners for you, then go with PB. If distance and convenience are more important go with RP.

Thank you! I checked and you are right. A laundry facility just opened at Portofino in August. DH seems to like the location and rooms at RPR better. I preferred the space at PBH and prefer to eat hot eggs over cold options. I guess we will have to talk it over. He seems to think we won’t use Club so much for food but more for extra space, beverages and snacks. Maybe he’s right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!