Swimming Rules at WDW

cinmell

DIS Veteran
Are children required to wear life jackets or swimmies under a certain age? And are the little swim aides that they sit in allowed in the pools at wdw?

Diaper aged children must wear swim diapers. Or if you think your child might have an accident they should be in swimmies.

I don't believe children are "required" to wear life jackets,but if your little one needs it they are available for free(I think you leave your room key as a deposit or something).

My DS had a much better time in the pool when he wore a life jacket (he was just 2 at the time). He could swim with us around the deeper ends and even go down the waterslide at AKL with the life jacket. At AKL (and POR), they were just in big bins in the pool area and they had several different sizes. They're not very bulky either.

He didn't have to wear it, but I enjoyed not having him cling around my neck while we were in the pool.

At CBR they were not required to wear anything. There were kids running around the main pool wearing life jackets, swimmies (I assume you mean the inflatable arm band type) and other floatie type suits. It seems the swim aids need to be "attached" to the kids, as they did not allow any type of tube sort of toys in the main pool. In the quiet pools you could use tubes, raft type boats, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter