Swimming in an unheated pool in March/Magic Castle

smarro

Earning My Ears
I was wondering just how cold the pools at Magic Castle would be in March. I would really like to stay at Magic Castly but am afraid the pool will be too cold for the kids. They love to swim. I don't think they will have a lot of time for swimming anyway, but I am sure they will want to at least some. Will it be to cold in March?

No matter where the pool is located, if it is unheated and the temps get down into the mid-40's and low 50's at night....the water will be fairly cool even for kids. We stayed a few uears agp in LBV at the old RI by Marriott that was recently torn down in mid-October and the pool was unheated and it fairly chilly. The October and March temps in Orlando are comparable. I am not saying that you can't swim in an unheated pool in March but it will be chilly. But as we all know, when it comes to kids...they can usually endure much more than adults. If you don't think that you will have that much time for swimming anyway....I would not let the lack of an unheated pool stop me from staying if everything else is okay. The only question I would ask would be is whether the pool will have been opened for the season and whether it is being cleaned and serviced in March.

Hi smarro! We stayed at the Magic Castle last Nov/Dec and loved it! Especially if you have kids and get that free breakfast! lol We never swam in the pool as it was too cool plus the fact that we were too busy at the parks during our stay. But you know how kids can endur a lot more than us "old" folks can! LOL It really is a nice clean inexpensive hotel.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter