SWGE: Two Rides at Different Opening Times

Pluto 32

Mouseketeer
In your option, do you feel that in SWGE, Disney decided to open up Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance at different times to attract guests (not AP holders) to come back to the park again and spend money on admission, food, merch, etc. where as if they opened them up at the same time guests would not?

I am specifically targeting the type of person that has to be there the first time something opens and/or Hass to be the first in line to get their hands on a new toy etc. Me personally, I’d wait until both of them were open and the crowds die down if I did not have an annual pass.

Last edited:
Or...
They could just wait until both are open to visit.
That would be the logical thing to do but if you are a diehard Star Wars fan that had to be there the second something brand new opens then this is the type of individual that I am referring to.

Imo
Disney opened the land with MFSR first because it was ready to go, no sense in leaving an entire land plus one attraction closed while they waited for the second one to be ready
The timing is probably to attract guests during slower times

Imo
Disney opened the land with MFSR first because it was ready to go, no sense in leaving an entire land plus one attraction closed while they waited for the second one to be ready
The timing is probably to attract guests during slower times
In both DL and WDW? Hummm 🤔

In your option, do you feel that in SWGE, Disney decided to open up Smuggler's Run and Rise of the Resistance at different times to attract guests (not AP holders) to come back to the park again and spend money on admission, food, merch, etc. where as if they opened them up at the same time guests would not?

I am specifically targeting the type of person that has to be there the first time something opens and/or Hass to be the first in line to get their hands on a new toy etc. Me personally, I’d wait until both of them were open and the crowds die down if I did not have an annual pass.

I actually think this was part of their plan to control crowds. They know full well what kind of crowds a marquee land like Star Wars can bring and so stuttering the major attraction opening tells me they're trying to prevent those "get there first" types from overflowing the parks. That you'd wait until both major attractions are open is exactly what they're hoping for while they still get a good crowd in the land. Everyone claiming GE out in Disneyland being a ghost town is failing to account for your type of audience member as well as the annual pass blackout date.

I fear WDW is not going to be so lucky, especially come December when both attractions will be open.

From what I understand it was originally planned to have both rides open together on time. Unfortunatly they were having so many technical issues with ROTR that it would result in a massive delay in opening the land as a whole. Plus Disney's fiscal year ends/begins in September and Disney needed to open the land and make money off of it before that time.

From what I understand it was originally planned to have both rides open together on time. Unfortunatly they were having so many technical issues with ROTR that it would result in a massive delay in opening the land as a whole. Plus Disney's fiscal year ends/begins in September and Disney needed to open the land and make money off of it before that time.
While I don't doubt there may have been technical difficulties, I'm not so sure that wasn't a blessing and I do question how extensive those difficulties really were.

Then again, they couldn't even get magic band upgrades right even a month after their launch, so what do I know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!