SWGE entrance and exit?

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Sorry folks.... I tried to search the answer, but there is just way too much to sift through on all these threads....
So... just a quick question.....
They show the "exit" for SWGE as the walkway by Toy Story Land..... does this mean that you CANNOT ENTER through TSL?? Are they making everyone walk all the way around?
Does anyone know if this is just for opening weekend? Or will this continue?

We are headed down in 4 weeks and just don't want any surprises.

We will definitely keep watching to see if it changes.... but thought someone can shed some light on this now. thanks.

For the time being grand avenue is the entrance and Toy Story land is the exit. You cannot enter through toy story land. This may change over time but that is the way it is for now.

Hope they change this soon. It's not the end of the world but on my early October visit we have FP for Alien Swirling Saucers @ 8:30 pm and then a reservation for OGAs Cantina @ 9:15 pm. I figured we would be able to go right from TSL and enter directly there into SWGE.
If they continue to use the TSL area as an exit that will turn an approx. 800ft walk to OGA's into an approx. 1/2 mile walk around and in through Grand ave.

Hope they change this soon. It's not the end of the world but on my early October visit we have FP for Alien Swirling Saucers @ 8:30 pm and then a reservation for OGAs Cantina @ 9:15 pm. I figured we would be able to go right from TSL and enter directly there into SWGE.
If they continue to use the TSL area as an exit that will turn an approx. 800ft walk to OGA's into an approx. 1/2 mile walk around and in through Grand ave.

At DL a couple of weeks agao they were still controlling the one access point in the earlier hours of the day and then it would open for use both as exit and entrance. I'd expect WDW will also do that for awhile each morning even if they start to open it up later. Personally I'd be expecting to have to walk around to get to your reservation.

Interesting that they opened the TSL entrance so quickly! I wonder if Dorian is keeping crowds lower than they'd otherwise have been or if the EEMHs are successfully spreading out visitors.

I can see it as most important early in the morning to keep entry under control. Within an hour or two, unless it were being hit hard, it shouldn't matter.

We have a pretty screwed up schedule for Oct 29th. I’m hoping they allow Exit/Entrance to TSL or it will be some crazy walking.

9AM FPP for TSM
9.45AM Droid Building
10AM FPP for SDD

We intend to use EEMH and arrive at 6ish and hope to grab a slot for Driod building so we dont have to run back and forth between lands. According to MDE app if you use the directions between TSM ride and Driod Depot it tells you to take the short path through, which is only 3min walk.

Thank you all for this info! I have an 8:15 pm Oga’s reservation and a 8:45 - 9:45 FPP for SDD. I was thinking we would go to Oga’s, have a cocktail, ride SDD, then go back and ride the Falcon and shop so TSL being entrance and exit makes it easier.

We were there Friday morning and that was the case, enter one side cannot enter TSL. Which was annoying. We had an 8 am Droid Depot and arrived at the park by 6, we were done looking around by 7-ish and saw SDD had a 5 minute wait time, so we wanted to go ride then return for the Droid Depot, but since we couldn't go back in that way I was worried it would get busier in GE and we'd miss the Droid Depot. Any way, the park was pretty quiet so it was still only 15 minutes by the time we got out. We rode all 3 TSL rides in short order. But that droid was annoying to fit on the rides. We did not buy the back pack.

Well, that is annoying. We were told we had to go around this morning. This was just before EMH as ending. Was Toy Story exit only during EMH?

Well, that is annoying. We were told we had to go around this morning. This was just before EMH as ending. Was Toy Story exit only during EMH?
That still do this often with the bridge in and out of pandora over to Africa. Some mornings it's open both ways some morning it's exit only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!