SWGE Compared To Potter

Things I like about HP in Uni; The facades and shops, the details in those things. The train and the "movies" shown was awesome. Butterbeer. The dragon breathing fire.
Things I don't care for in HP; honestly, the employees didn't seem in character within the surrounding environ. Did not like FJ ride in the least. Don't like the disparity between the rest of Uni park and HP (it's a shock to leave the HP area and head out into the surrounding park... it doesn't flow well). The food was "good" in theory but didn't care for the taste.
Things that were ok in HP; Gringott's ride, merch (enjoyed playing around with the wands). The castle; from certain angles looks good, from certain angles looks "cheap."

In short, the detail of the buildings in HP blew me away; inside and outside of the structures.

Things I like about Pandora in HS; FoP is my favorite ride from any theme park ever. I also really enjoy NRJ and am glad it is a slow ride. Love the food and music, and the atmosphere that really feels "natural" and not manmade. It also flows well with the rest of AK as a park (it's not jarring going to or from Pandora within the context of the rest of the park). Queue for FoP.
Things I don't care for in Pandora; the Banshee toys, and I wish they had done one more ride. Wish they had breakfast there as well. Needs more seating in various places.
Things that were ok in Pandora; the drums, the queue for NRJ, and I wish they would put in more bottle filling stations like in the queues.

I put Pandora over HP for me personally, so I hope that Disney really outdoes themselves with GE. I hope the Land itself is interactive (I think they were going to do more of that in Pandora and didn't get it pulled off). I hope the merch really fits in well and interacts with the land and the CM's interact with those investing in the merch (making comments if you have a lightsaber on, or about your droid, or clothes). High hopes for the food and really high hopes for the rides... if they can top FoP I will be extremely impressed, and that would definitely put GE on top.

ETA; I had to add; Toystory is not even in contention for me... I honestly did not like how it turned out, except SDD as a ride is really fun, and done well as far as decor.

Things I like about HP in Uni; The facades and shops, the details in those things. The train and the "movies" shown was awesome. Butterbeer. The dragon breathing fire.
Things I don't care for in HP; honestly, the employees didn't seem in character within the surrounding environ. Did not like FJ ride in the least. Don't like the disparity between the rest of Uni park and HP (it's a shock to leave the HP area and head out into the surrounding park... it doesn't flow well). The food was "good" in theory but didn't care for the taste.
Things that were ok in HP; Gringott's ride, merch (enjoyed playing around with the wands). The castle; from certain angles looks good, from certain angles looks "cheap."

In short, the detail of the buildings in HP blew me away; inside and outside of the structures.

Things I like about Pandora in HS; FoP is my favorite ride from any theme park ever. I also really enjoy NRJ and am glad it is a slow ride. Love the food and music, and the atmosphere that really feels "natural" and not manmade. It also flows well with the rest of AK as a park (it's not jarring going to or from Pandora within the context of the rest of the park). Queue for FoP.
Things I don't care for in Pandora; the Banshee toys, and I wish they had done one more ride. Wish they had breakfast there as well. Needs more seating in various places.
Things that were ok in Pandora; the drums, the queue for NRJ, and I wish they would put in more bottle filling stations like in the queues.

I put Pandora over HP for me personally, so I hope that Disney really outdoes themselves with GE. I hope the Land itself is interactive (I think they were going to do more of that in Pandora and didn't get it pulled off). I hope the merch really fits in well and interacts with the land and the CM's interact with those investing in the merch (making comments if you have a lightsaber on, or about your droid, or clothes). High hopes for the food and really high hopes for the rides... if they can top FoP I will be extremely impressed, and that would definitely put GE on top.

ETA; I had to add; Toystory is not even in contention for me... I honestly did not like how it turned out, except SDD as a ride is really fun, and done well as far as decor.
I'll just ditto your entire post, other than FJ, which blows my socks off.
Well, and the food at HP. We have yet to eat there. I can't get past the smell :sick::faint:
Like the beers, both adult and butter :drinking1

agreeing with almost everything as well. I too love FJ
To the bolded : it doesn't flow HP going into IOA/US or the parks themselves don't flow?

I'll just ditto your entire post, other than FJ, which blows my socks off.
Well, and the food at HP. We have yet to eat there. I can't get past the smell :sick::faint:
Like the beers, both adult and butter :drinking1
agreeing with almost everything as well. I too love FJ
To the bolded : it doesn't flow HP going into IOA/US or the parks themselves don't flow?

FJ made me sicker than a dog, and I have never gotten sick from any coaster or sim or spinner. Maybe it was just the day (or the food?? lol)? But I will not ever get on it again... to be fair, they changed it soon after my trip because so many were getting sick, maybe that would fix it for me, but no... pass. lol So, that does shade my view because I can't/won't ride the headliner.

yulilin; the "flow" for me means that when I leave the HP sections on either "side" of the park, it is almost disorienting... the themes don't connect for me if that makes sense. To flip it; when I leave Pandora, either path out, I still feel the same "vibe" from the flora and the theming (nature and travel, lots of green). Does that make sense... I guess to put it another way, they did so well with the detail of the shops and such in the HP parts of Uni, to leave there it's like a disconnect. "Oh, look I'm actually in the HP movies..." and then "wham..." "Oh look, I'm in a theme park with a lot of other "loud" looking attractions, signs, etc..."

It will be really interesting for me to see how if feels going in and out of Star Wars. I really feel that sentiment is why they are building a Star Wars hotel with the whole theme still intact. Imagine if you could stay "in" the HP theming via a hotel at Uni... that would seamless and total solve the "flow" issue I'm trying to describe.

FJ made me sicker than a dog, and I have never gotten sick from any coaster or sim or spinner. Maybe it was just the day (or the food?? lol)? But I will not ever get on it again... to be fair, they changed it soon after my trip because so many were getting sick, maybe that would fix it for me, but no... pass. lol So, that does shade my view because I can't/won't ride the headliner.

Same here, one and done for FJ. This is coming from someone who went on Steel Vengeance last year, on problem. I guess it took Universal and a wizard to finally find the pattern of motion that gets me seasick on a ride. It is what it is. :confused3

yulilin; the "flow" for me means that when I leave the HP sections on either "side" of the park, it is almost disorienting... the themes don't connect for me if that makes sense. To flip it; when I leave Pandora, either path out, I still feel the same "vibe" from the flora and the theming (nature and travel, lots of green). Does that make sense... I guess to put it another way, they did so well with the detail of the shops and such in the HP parts of Uni, to leave there it's like a disconnect. "Oh, look I'm actually in the HP movies..." and then "wham..." "Oh look, I'm in a theme park with a lot of other "loud" looking attractions, signs, etc..."

It will be really interesting for me to see how if feels going in and out of Star Wars. I really feel that sentiment is why they are building a Star Wars hotel with the whole theme still intact. Imagine if you could stay "in" the HP theming via a hotel at Uni... that would seamless and total solve the "flow" issue I'm trying to describe.
Putting Pandora in AK makes all the difference.

Having GE dump in to TSL is going to be a challenge. Will be interesting to see how it works.

I think leaving Diagon Alley is ok the and way it has the Knight Bus & parts of London right outside but Hogsmeade is a struggle

Same here, one and done for FJ. This is coming from someone who went on Steel Vengeance last year, on problem. I guess it took Universal and a wizard to finally find the pattern of motion that gets me seasick on a ride. It is what it is. :confused3

I have a theory that has no basis other than in my own head (lol) that it has to do with physics and whether or not the ride vehicle, movements, and visuals comport with the laws of physics. The ride vehicle of FJ can and does move the human body in ways that it was not designed nor created to do. Coasters, spinners, and other sims mimic or actually flow with normal movements that we can handle. I don't know... it was odd though. I saw other people standing there that were just pure green and I knew what I looked like and felt a bond with my fellow sufferers.

I agree Pandora definitely feels right at AK
As far as Hogsmead in IOA, if you look at the entire IOA without knowing the original thought process of it, it does not make a lot of sense. IOA all around theme and the reason they chose the "lands" that the chose was because IOA gives you an adventure in literature. Meaning every island in IOA is a printed subject. Be it Dr. Seuss books, the marvel comics, newspaper strips, Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park book series, ancient greek mythology and now of course JK Rowlings books. Now Diagon Alley at US is more about the movie studios and you see that all over that park with the different movies. But for the naked eye we really don't make that connection.
Now SWGE at DHS makes sense because it really wouldn't have made sense in any other park (other than all the other factors like bringing some life into that park and having ST there already)

I agree; SW could only really "fit" at HS... I'm interested to go and just get a subjective feeling for it. There's a part of me that misses the heavier feeling of being "behind the scenes" in a "working" studio lot ala classic MGM Studios. Because then you could be walking around in Star Wars gear and pretend you're just going to work on set and not feel it is out of place. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter