SWGE Closing at 5pm on 12/4

dceirish

Earning My Ears
Got a call today from WDW. They asked me if they could move my Droid Depot res for 5:00 on 12/4 to a different day, as they said that the park is closing at 6 that night for a “press event” tied to the ROTR opening. Anyone else heard of this?

You got bumped bummer. Only media will be back there for that night then. I think it opens the 5 th or 6 th.

I got the same call this afternoon. I am fairly aggravated about it. The 4th is my son bday, HS is his favorite park. We had planned the whole day there. According to the call GE land will close at 5pm, I was able to change the time for both the droid and light saber builds. I am going to adjust our schedule to add another half day to HS to be able to spend more time there.

FYI, I edited the title of this post just so it’s not confusing to casual readers since it made it sound like all of DHS will be closing early that day.

Based on current info it appears SWGE will close at 5pm on 12/4 (not all of DHS).

If anyone hears different info, let us know. Thanks!

FYI, I edited the title of this post just so it’s not confusing to casual readers since it made it sound like all of DHS will be closing early that day.

Based on current info it appears SWGE will close at 5pm on 12/4 (not all of DHS).

If anyone hears different info, let us know. Thanks!
Good point - thanks.

That's interesting. It would suggest they are running on schedule for ROTR. There were some rumors it would be delayed.

Before the opening of ROTR was announced I had made reservations for the 5th for Droid Depo, Savis and Ogas...hopefully the ride itself is the only thing with insane rides and the rest of the land isn't totally overrun.

I received the same call on Wednesday. I had a 6:10pm Ogas reservation and she moved me up to 3pm. She told me the new time would show up in my MDE on Thursday. Well, my time still reads 6:10pm on December 4th. So I called and after waiting about 40 minutes, the cast member told me he had checked the system and there is absolutely nothing going on that evening so my reservation stands. Has anyone else seen a change in your reservation?

Interesting. They didn’t know they might do a press preview night before? Poor planning. Good they re- accommodated everyone

Quick update. They finally move my time up to 3:15. I guess they haven’t told the CMs working the dining reservations about the early closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!