Sweet 16

Jeannebean

Earning My Ears
We're planning a trip for my daughters sweet 16 the last week of August. Anyone have any special tips or ideas to make it special for her and maybe a few surprises??

Celebrating a birthday at Disney is the best! 😊 Some activities will depend on how much time you have to plan and your budget, of course, but there are many different options!

--pick up a celebration "Happy Birthday" button for her to wear (you can pick up the buttons from Guest Services in the parks or - if staying on site - from your resort hotel). They'll even write her name on the button which will prompt observant cast members to wish her "Happy Birthday" all throughout the parks and could mean a few freebies from kind cast members!
--if you're staying at a Disney resort, speak with someone at the front desk and they can arrange for a special in-room Happy Birthday phone call from a Disney character.
--purchase a Mickey "It's My Birthday" MagicBand (possible option online if you order your MagicBands before your trip. Also should be available at the parks.)
--if you have a Table Service restaurant reservation (most you can do online which is highly recommended) booked for her birthday dinner, let them know you're celebrating and she might get a special free dessert (like a cupcake) or even a card. Table service restaurants will also let you have a custom cake (that you purchase) delivered to your table which could be fun after dinner. More info can be found on the Disney World website.
--not sure what parks you're planning on visiting, but MK, Epcot, and HS all have dessert parties during the fireworks shows that could be another surprise after a full theme park day. The parties are an extra cost (in addition to your theme park ticket) but they're fun - especially if your family has a sweet tooth.
--if you're hoping for a scenic view, a horse drawn carriage ride around select resorts is an option. More info can be found on the Disney World website.
--there are also two spas on Disney property that could be fun AND relaxing. More info can be found on the Disney World website.

Hopefully that helps! I hope your daughter's birthday is extra magical! 😊

Last edited:
I'm all about a special meal for a special birthday. Something you wouldn't do normally. There are tons of good options at Disney. I'd recommend looking at some of the menus and see if there is a 'favorite' dish that one of the restaurants offers ( like my DH's is steak and lobster ). Custom birthday cakes can also be arranged for several dining locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!