Such a cliffhanger :P
Ha! Right? I mean WHO could it bew?

That was going to be my next question. If it slowed you down having extra bags at security?? Are they good about remembering it when getting off rides? Landon is so scatter brained, I have to remind him every morning to grab his school backpack. :sad2:
I read this and for some reason I envisioned Eve with all kinds of random stuff in her bag that she doesn't need to bring to the parks.

The girls bags are usually fairly empty, so the security guards can just peek in. So, it feels faster.

They are good about it, but they usually just leave them at there feet, so it's not hard to remember. I find they forget things on the days that they don't have the bags. and stuff there ears in the pockets and what not.

I may fan girl you in February... just so you know and don't go get Disney security :). We are there Feb 7-12 for cheer nationals. Just in the parks Friday, Monday and Tuesday (Sunday if we don't make finals so hope we don't go to the parks Sunday ::yes::). Friday will be AK for us. Monday MK and possibly Epcot that night. Tuesday will be HS and maybe back to MK before flight out that night.

I'm here and almost caught up. Loving the report so far. The girls are so grown up. Morgan is a true pre-teen now and Gwen is knocking at the door. I love Gwen's blogging pictures. It's a way to make the parks new for her.

Happy Friday everyone! We survived the first full work week back!

Has anyone watched the Disney Wedding show? I am watching it now on Disney Plus while I type this up. And OMG! i know these people got this stuff for the show. But how amazing!!! The first couple had a private Happily Ever After Fireworks show!!! AMAZING!!!!!

Day Two: DisMeets Gallore!

I left us off headed to meet some folks. We weren't moving very fast. But we eventually meet up with @kastoney and family. They were coming out of the Christmas Store. We said our hellos and started walking towards Big Thunder Mountain.

Kari and I let the girls each pick one fast pass for the day, and we coordinated our fast passes. Well, Kari made hers first as this was there last day and this was our first. But it worked out well, as they basically picked the 3 big rides.

BTM
I mean these two are basically two peas in the same pod!

We were on line for RTM around 10:15 and on the ride by 10:25! Thanks FP!

Gwen, Morgan and Casey were able to squeeze there small selves all into one train car. And they were very happy to ride together again.

We had a Wild Ride into the Wilderness.

BTM Geyseur
The ladies checked out the Geyseur on the way out. Speaking of on the way out, we ran into another diser!

We ran into @Tracy161! We chatted for a bit with her until the kids got antsy and just couldn't take it any longer. I just wish we could have spent more time with Tracy.

Dis Meet
There was a photo pass person standing right there and only one family. So, we grabed a group picture!

DisMeet

We parted ways with Tracey. And headed to get some snacks! We had big dinner plans, so we had all already decided to snack our way through the day.

Gwen and Andy wanted the Candied Bacon, So we grabbed that on the way over towards
Morgan Trying Bacon
Morgan wanted to give it a try.

Morgan deciding if she likes it or not
And here is her, trying to decide if she likes it or not. I think she liked it but still wanted ice cream.

Gwen eating Bacon
Gwen being a salty girl, loved her bacon just fine.

Andy Bacon
Pretty sure the bacon didn't even make it to the ice cream place.

Morgan originaly wanted a Dole Whip, but some of us wanted to try Redd's Revenge. So, she agreed to try the Strawberry Whip.
Strawberry Whip

Red's Revenge
And I wanted the Red's Revenge.

And as I was ordering Andy yells for me to get him a Citrus Swirl, cause we didn't have enough sweets already. Hey, we were on vacation!

Citrus Swirl

Once everyone had treats, we headed to our "secret spot" and enjoyed our treats.

Casey w napkin ears
Casey was kind enough to carry some napkins for us in her ears!

The girls were excitied to share our spot with Casey.
The Dis Gals 2.0

We chatted and relaxed a bit. Where we met up with ANOTHER diser!!!

@disneyAndi14 was in the park with her daughter and she had Splash Mountain Fast Passes at the same time as us! So, we were texting with her to meet up.

I was able to guide Caroline to our super secret spot! (They did almost walk by us!) We chatted a little and finsihed up our treats and headed towards our fast pass.

Oh! And the Redd's Revenge was ok. Of the new floats, this one was probably my least favorite. I love the Citrus Swirl! And the Peter Pan Float probably the best. Morgan did like the Strawberry Whip. But I think she was she liked the Raspberry Swirl flavor the best.

The girls, of course needed to try and get spit on, on, the way.
Camel Spits

Camel Spitting

When we got over to Splash, we were a little early for Caroline and her daughter's fast passes. But they had no problem scanning in and coming in with us.

Splash Ride Selfie
We filled up a full log! As you can see, the girls were able to ride 3 across again.

Gwen tried to take photos in the zip lock bag. And was using her flash. Oye. Had to turn the flash off for them. Kids these days!

Splash Mountain Ride Photo
We should have planned a full log photo opt but did not...

Splash Mountain
The girls got soaked!

We got stuck at the fox pushing the bear. They even turned the lights on and a CM walked by. And then back again. (at least I think that was this time) But after awhile it looks a little suggestive… Somebody may have noticed it sooner than others.... @kastoney
Splash - Bear

Zip Dee Doo Da
We did finally make it to the last scene and off the ride!

We all used the bathroom after. And talked with Caroline a bit. Then parted ways. Caroline was headed back to her room to rest. It was great to see her and ride a ride with her and her daughter.

Up next more rides and fun with our disfriends!

OOH! I wonder who it is...
Did you guess right?

I may fan girl you in February... just so you know and don't go get Disney security :). We are there Feb 7-12 for cheer nationals. Just in the parks Friday, Monday and Tuesday (Sunday if we don't make finals so hope we don't go to the parks Sunday ::yes::). Friday will be AK for us. Monday MK and possibly Epcot that night. Tuesday will be HS and maybe back to MK before flight out that night.
Ok, So, Friday we fly in late. Monday we will be in Animal Kingdom BUT Tuesday we will be in Hollywood Studios as well!!! Maybe we can meet up! Do you have Fast Passes booked? We have Star Tours @ 9:20, Indian Jones show @ 11:20 and Slinky Dog @ 1:05.

I'm here and almost caught up. Loving the report so far. The girls are so grown up. Morgan is a true pre-teen now and Gwen is knocking at the door. I love Gwen's blogging pictures. It's a way to make the parks new for her.
So glad you are here! I know! The girls are really getting so big. I can't wait to take our annual picture and see how much they have grown since last year.

I love your secret spot, it is so nice to get away from the crowds back there!
It was nice getting to ride Splash with all of you. As I recall it was a hot one that day.
Andi and I shared Redd’s Revenge that day and I enjoyed it. I have heard really good things about the Peter Pan Float!
We saw Tracy that day to

Has anyone watched the Disney Wedding show? I am watching it now on Disney Plus while I type this up. And OMG! i know these people got this stuff for the show. But how amazing!!! The first couple had a private Happily Ever After Fireworks show!!! AMAZING!!!!!
No, but now I totally need to. For a girl who eloped I am strangely fascinated with wedding shows.

BTM
I mean these two are basically two peas in the same pod!
You got that right!!!!!!! Sure wish we could see you all more

We ran into @Tracy161! We chatted for a bit with her until the kids got antsy and just couldn't take it any longer. I just wish we could have spent more time with Tracy.
Dang kids! Ruining all our adult fun :P

Gwen eating Bacon
Gwen being a salty girl, loved her bacon just fine.
That girl certainly loves her bacon!

Casey w napkin ears
Casey was kind enough to carry some napkins for us in her ears!
I totally forgot about this!

You really got some great photos of the girls!

But after awhile it looks a little suggestive… Somebody may have noticed it sooner than others.... @kastoney
Spla
Someone may have noticed this the first time she ever rode it. And this may or may not be someones favorite gif

I found it! Don't know how I missed it before, but I'm here now!

Well, it was good we had left when we did, because we got to long term parking and they were full!!! We have never had this as a problem! This put Morgan in to a panic that we were going to miss our flight. We tried to reassure her that we had plenty of time since our flight was delayed. At the same time I was trying to find a private parking company for us to use.
Oh no! That's crazy - I wonder what was going on to fill it up? We were worried about that happening when we flew over Christmas, but in August?!

I had forgotten to check in right on time and we were in boarding group C for southwest. I was super stressed by this. We stood to the side hoping that they would take pitty on us and let us on with family boarding. But no go. There was us and one other woman wiht a kid about Gwen's age, and we had to just watch everone getting on the plane. It was stressful!
You're just having the best luck with the flight out - I'm sorry! I did the same thing on our flight back from Christmas and we got B58 and B59, and ended up springing to upgrade Trevor so he at least could get a good seat. I'm sorry they wouldn't let you guys board with the families, but at least it (kind of?) worked out in the end.

But then FINALLY our last bag came out! Our bag was literally the last bag out!!!
Your flight luck continues! No fun. But at least it didn't get lost? Such high standards we have for the airlines....

We finally got into the room around 1:15 AM, It was late! We were Building 8B, Floor 2, Room 8608, Cabanas Section. It turned out to not be too bad of a location. We weren't too far from the main lobby or the main pool.
Oh gosh, those pictures of the lobby are gorgeous! And glad your location wasn't bad, though again - 1:15am...oosh, that's rough.

I left us off heading to dinner. But I forgot to mention that we found our Mickey Ears on the bed like this.
Gwen: Mickey Ears

And Gwen LOVED IT!!!
I'm with Gwen - those are fantastic!!

OMG! This was soooo good. I dream about it. Morgan even tried it and liked it alot and got her to try 2 other cheese dips over the course of the trip.
YUM. Glad you converted Morgan to the cheese side...yum.

Grilled Sirloin Steak
Grilled Sirloin Steak on a grilled baguette, pepper relish, 63° egg

This was also really good. I really liked it. Andy wasn't completely on board with the egg. But I enjoyed. The Skirt Steak was nice and red, it was perfect.
This looks amazing too! Maybe I"m just hungry? :)

Our waiter mentioned that he want to Galaxy's Edge, probably because he over heard our conversation. CM previews were finishing up and he was raving about it. And Morgan and Gwen were loving all the info he was telling them. So, Andy decided to tell the girls that we were going to go to Galaxy's Edge!!!

Morgan LOST ... HER ... MIND !!!! She was soooo excited.
Yay!! That's awesome :D I empathize with Morgan, since that's basically how I felt the whole time.

We all relaxed a bit and I watched a little Stacy while relaxing.
Everyone loves Stacy, but honestly, I like the slideshow they play on the default channel with the park hours, etc. That's what I usually have going in the background.

Today was a bunch of supplies to help us get through the hot summer trip. The headbands were to be cool bands like the towels. They worked only ok. But still cute.
Do you have the cooling towels? Do they work any better? We bought one, but I haven't used it in the parks yet...

I hope they are almost done with all the construction in front of MK, cause all of the walls are kind of a bummer.
SAME.

I left us off headed to meet some folks. We weren't moving very fast. But we eventually meet up with @kastoney and family. They were coming out of the Christmas Store. We said our hellos and started walking towards Big Thunder Mountain.
How fun!

The ladies checked out the Geyseur on the way out. Speaking of on the way out, we ran into another diser!
Aw, I've never managed to see that going off - totally jealous!

Awesome!

Gwen and Andy wanted the Candied Bacon, So we grabbed that on the way over towards
DANG. I knew I forgot something on our last trip.

Andy Bacon
Pretty sure the bacon didn't even make it to the ice cream place.
LOL dude, that would have been Trevor. Exactly.

And as I was ordering Andy yells for me to get him a Citrus Swirl, cause we didn't have enough sweets already. Hey, we were on vacation!
Exactly! All the sweets!

@disneyAndi14 was in the park with her daughter and she had Splash Mountain Fast Passes at the same time as us! So, we were texting with her to meet up.
Shoot, all the Dis-ers! I just realized we were there at the same time - I'm sorry I missed you! But sounds like you are having an amazing time. :)

I wonder what was going on to fill it up? We were worried about that happening when we flew over Christmas, but in August?!
We had never worried about it before and the middle of August was so strange.

No fun. But at least it didn't get lost?
YES! That was all I really cared about at that point. I was just glad it came out.

Everyone loves Stacy, but honestly, I like the slideshow they play on the default channel with the park hours, etc. That's what I usually have going in the background.
I mean I love all of the channels.... Did you know there is an app, that looks like the park hours channel? It's called WW Today Channel.

Do you have the cooling towels? Do they work any better? We bought one, but I haven't used it in the parks yet...
We do. I think technically the cooling towels work better. But personally I don't love the wet feeling on my neck. But I think it is def more effective.

DANG. I knew I forgot something on our last trip.
The bacon has become a must eat for us!

Shoot, all the Dis-ers! I just realized we were there at the same time - I'm sorry I missed you! But sounds like you are having an amazing time. :)
I know. I think I realized last minute but I don't think our schedules were overlapping.

Has anyone watched the Disney Wedding show?
No! I didn't even know it was a thing! Thanks :thumbsup2

I just wish we could have spent more time with Tracy.
I wish we could have too, but it was so wonderful getting to meet you and your lovely family. That day was probably my favorite one! :goodvibes

So, we grabed a group picture!

I love this picture! :lovestruc

That's my philosophy for sure! :laughing:

I will message you about our Feb trip stuff. Hopefully it can work out to meet up! Also, I really need to know the secret spot. I thought I knew and now I'm not so sure.

I will message you about our Feb trip stuff. Hopefully it can work out to meet up! Also, I really need to know the secret spot. I thought I knew and now I'm not so sure.
The "secret spot" is if you are walking out of the bathrooms in that breezeway between Adventureland and Frontierland. If you walk out of the bathroom and walk towards the magic carpets but don't go on the main walkway. stay next to the sunglasses store, there are round benched area covered and then a more open-ish area with some tables. People sit at the tables all the time. But he benched area seems to go unnoticed. There is also a Sourcers of Mickey stop there. And one of the rounded benches has the medallon on the ground for you to stand on.

You got loads of fun DISMeets in that day! Lovely people, all. I've not done the Speedway in years and with my recent neck surgery, I'm not sure I will ever do that one again. :( Of the floats I've tried, I think the PP one is my favorite. So refreshing!

48620143486_5f5cef661f_z.jpg
Splash Mountain Ride Photo
We should have planned a full log photo opt but did not...
How fun to have met so many of my favorite DISers in just one day!! :) Looks like you all had a blast, and I love that the 3 girls are able to squeeze their little selves in to ride together, so nobody feels left out. They are all adorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter