Swapping Drinks for Dessert at QS

JoeD07

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this info is somewhere else. I read through some of the stickies as best I could and my search brought up posts from 2016 which for Disney and rules/policies is basically ancient news.

Headed down in Feb and was watching some Disney Food Blog videos and she mentioned this. The videos were also not the most recent, so I wanted to ask the wonderful people here.

Can you swap out a drink at a QS restaurant (especially if you eat in a resort where you can utilize your refillable cup) for a snack/dessert instead?

Thanks for the replies.

I think this has basically stopped in all QS except for the food courts at resorts. I think Pop has been sticky about it, but not sure on that. I’m hoping to do it at the Mara at AKL in September for sure though.

Sorry if this info is somewhere else. I read through some of the stickies as best I could and my search brought up posts from 2016 which for Disney and rules/policies is basically ancient news.

Headed down in Feb and was watching some Disney Food Blog videos and she mentioned this. The videos were also not the most recent, so I wanted to ask the wonderful people here.

Can you swap out a drink at a QS restaurant (especially if you eat in a resort where you can utilize your refillable cup) for a snack/dessert instead?

Thanks for the replies.

As Micharlotte said, it's very rare that you can do this in the parks, but it is still common at the resorts. There have been a few reports that some resorts would only allow a bottled drink and not a snack item, but even those were 6 mos or more ago.

Don't forget though, the "drink" with all meals can now be alcoholic or a specialty beverage, so you may get a bigger bang for your buck with the drink.

My info may be outdated by now but as of July 2018, we were able to swap the drink for a dessert at Be Our Guest (lunch), PizzeRizzo, and Sunshine Seasons. Other locations, we were not able to. So, it seems like it was hit and miss.

My info may be outdated by now but as of July 2018, we were able to swap the drink for a dessert at Be Our Guest (lunch), PizzeRizzo, and Sunshine Seasons. Other locations, we were not able to. So, it seems like it was hit and miss.

Definitely outdated on BoG. They were probably the first to halt this practice. I think they found that, since the drinks are self serve, that folks were swapping the drink for a dessert, then helping themselves to a drink anyway.

Definitely outdated on BoG. They were probably the first to halt this practice. I think they found that, since the drinks are self serve, that folks were swapping the drink for a dessert, then helping themselves to a drink anyway.
It will be interesting when we preorder at BOG this year. I wonder if the app will stop me from swapping or if it will automatically deduct a snack credit and make me choose a drink? Time will tell.

It will be interesting when we preorder at BOG this year. I wonder if the app will stop me from swapping or if it will automatically deduct a snack credit and make me choose a drink? Time will tell.

It will automatically deduct a snack credit. Been reported here multiple times.

It will automatically deduct a snack credit. Been reported here multiple times.
Good to know. I don't live on the boards so I must have missed it. I'll take the drink as I don't think the desserts there are that great to spend a snack credit on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter