Swan room request?

zoey452

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I decided to post this on the Swan tips thread too. I'm staying at Swan and wonder if anyone can help me with a room request. Does anyone know the Fax number for Swan? What's the procedure for requesting an upgrade, if available, for Starwood members?

Thanks for any help!:D

I used to say, wait, and at check-in, hand the desk clerk your Starwoods card and, just as she starts looking you up in the computer, ask if there are any " insert your choice here" rooms available (mine is always balcony, with Epcot view).
Lately, though, I've begun to rethink that a lot...it seems that some people are getting fabulous upgrades (corner room with 2 balconies at the Dolphin, Club level and in a few cases, a suite) without asking for anything.

So...now, I'm inclined to say wait until the clerk gives you your room number and then ask about the room--what kind is it. You may find that it exceeds what you were going to ask for.

On the swan / dolphin main website (www.swandolphin.com ) there is an area to e-mail request directly to them, I think it's mentioned in glo's faq. I suggest reading that too. Glo is a real swan advocate, the other thread seems to be 90% dolphin info. (which is fine the dolphin probably is 90% bigger than the swan). I really hope the swan is a great well kept secret! Got 2 trips planned there this year & have already stayed at dolphin, but wanted a smaller quieter building, don't mind at all, that we will walk to some of the dolphins resturants etc.... Here's to a great trip! MKY:cool:

We will be arriving at the Swan on Saturday (yeah!) and have the same question. We are Starwoods members and hope for an upgrade, but would like some recommendation as to what to request in a standard view (gov't rate). Has anyone stayed in a really good standard room - what floor, area, view? Could you see TOT?

We have stayed at the Swan once before and were upgraded at check-in to a balcony room w/o asking. For this trip, I did email on the Starwoods Preferred Guest web site and simply asked for the "best available room in this category". We shall see! Anyway, we'll be at the Swan and at WDW so I am sure we will be happy!

Have a great trip!

I would really like a balcony room, although with such hot steamy weather I'd probably only use it early morning or at nite. Please everyone pray for a break in the heat!

mkymouse4ever, I check into the Swan on the same day as you how long are you staying? Have you stayed before?

As mkymouse4ever wrote: you may indeed fill out the form on the website link she provided and request your desires (balcony, Epcot view, etc.). I still believe it is better to have these requests in prior to your arrival. Most of the persons receiving these upgrades, have all requested these prior to check-in. Being an SPG cardholder also helps your chances of receiving upgrades. Please, Zoey452, if you desire a balcony w/epcot view, etc.,...request it in writing, in advance. The majority of persons do NOT request specific rooms/views, so you are more likely to obtain your preference if the resort staff is made aware of your wishes in advance. Good luck, and enjoy your visit to the WDW Swan!:)

We check into the swan on august 2 till the 11th! We start out at the poly. No we have not stayed at the swan before have stayed at the dolphin once. We have a studio for our ressie, on the floor plan on the s/d site it looks pretty cool, can't wait! I hope we really like it, cause I have a ressie for the same thing in october. I got a great rate (RN) for this room, so we couldn't pass it up. I will watch for your green ribbons! :cool:

We do 5 nites at the swan(on points hoping for an upgrade) Then we do 3 nites at AKL Con.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter