Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

We are most likely going to be staying at either Boardwalk or Beach Club Villas and I'm pretty sure I can entrust a family member to bring the cake over to the venue. Can we really trust that the cake would be delivered to the room unscathed?

We are most likely going to be staying at either Boardwalk or Beach Club Villas and I'm pretty sure I can entrust a family member to bring the cake over to the venue. Can we really trust that the cake would be delivered to the room unscathed?

Private Dining knows what they're doing! I get cakes delivered to my room all the time and have never had one arrive damaged. They set it up on its board or a plate and put out silverware and plates. Getting it from the room to the Attic on your own without damaging it would be my concern.

The Swan's pastry team can totally make that for you, if they're even the ones who do the cakes for Just Marry. I feel like maybe it's actually It's Tasty Too or some other approved vendor...

Y&BC and BoardWalk could make you one if you had it delivered to a room. But to order a cake for delivery to the Attic, you're going to have to go through your event planner, and some of them are more strict about the no-wedding-stuff rule than others, so it's hard to say whether they'd let you do it.

Swan's pastry team is amazing! We upgraded our cake through them and it was the best cake I've ever had! It was absolutely beautiful too :)

So we have talked about it some more and are now leaning toward doing everything at S&D with adding in a Happily Ever After! Dessert Party as a welcome event.

We are semi local, about 2.5 hrs away and are down in the Orlando area frequently. Do the planners from JustMarry ever meet with you in person? Is this something I can just email or call and ask for an appointment?

Also, does a reception have to be in one of the ballrooms, or would we possibly have the option to do the ceremony at Crescent Terrace, cocktail hour elsewhere, and then the reception again at Crescent Terrace? We have seen some lovely evening pictures that I am pretty sure are Crescent Terrace with string lights and long tables set up. Thanks!

ps If anyone has any reception pictures that are at S&D and somewhere other than a ballroom, please share!

Also, does a reception have to be in one of the ballrooms, or would we possibly have the option to do the ceremony at Crescent Terrace, cocktail hour elsewhere, and then the reception again at Crescent Terrace? We have seen some lovely evening pictures that I am pretty sure are Crescent Terrace with string lights and long tables set up. Thanks!

ps If anyone has any reception pictures that are at S&D and somewhere other than a ballroom, please share!

You can do a reception at Crescent Terrace. See this episode for pics: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/escape-swan-wedding-spotlight-ashley-matt/

So we have talked about it some more and are now leaning toward doing everything at S&D with adding in a Happily Ever After! Dessert Party as a welcome event.

We are semi local, about 2.5 hrs away and are down in the Orlando area frequently. Do the planners from JustMarry ever meet with you in person? Is this something I can just email or call and ask for an appointment?

I met with my planner a few times. They recently have a change up in their planners. Our plan was to have the wedding and reception at the crescent terrace. They claimed an hour wasn’t long enough to swap it out, so we would have had the tables visible during the ceremony.

It was also a bit of a headache trying to book an April wedding with Marriott being a convention hotel. We ultimately waited 2 months to hear the dates were booked by a corporate event......so we decided against hosting our wedding there. It was frustrating as we never heard back from just marry...which really bummed me out.

I was wondering if anyone has photos of the Crescent Terrace setup for a smaller wedding (30-50 guests)? Currently my partner and I are in the process of planning our ceremony with a brunch reception at Il Mulino for everyone. We will then round out the evening (everyone would break mid-day) for a Dessert Party at Epcot or Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios with a ride mix-in at either.

Also any experience with upgrading the cakes at Swan and Dolphin? Any experience with Il Mulino as a reception location? Any other tips from those that have been through this would be appreciated.

Keep in mind that if you plan to hold any portion of your event at the Crescent Terrace, you need to have a back up plan in case of weather!! If there is a chance of rain, they are going to want to relocate indoors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!