swan/dolphin walkway

Humphrey1227

Mouseketeer
has anyone walked from the mgm to s/d? is the walkway on the boardwalk side or the s/d side? thought it might be nice instead of fighting the crowd from fantasmic.
thanks

Though I haven't used it, I can tell you that it is on the Boardwalk side of the waterway.

I'd estimate it as a 15 to 20 minute walk. The boat takes 8 minutes from the S/D dock.

Humphrey1227,
It's a pleasant walk, and as RhondaS said, takes about 15-20 minutes. My DH, who runs every day, found it to be a nice place to run-almost deserted many times. As for the difference between the boat ride and walking, the boat ride is only shorter if the boats aren't busy and you hit the schedule right. After Fantastic, there can be an extremely, extremely long wait for the boats. If you don't mind a little bit of a stroll, the path is much quicker after Fantasmic.

I loved walking back from Mgm to the Dolphin after Fantasmic. The hotels were all lit and you really get a good view of them as you stroll closer. I recommend it. :)

We once speed walked back because we were making a game of it with my 12 year old. We had a bit of a head start as the boat was a minute away from pulling into the MGM for pick up. But our plan was to beat it back. We walked very fast and we just made it just before the boat

There is also a walkway along the S/D side of the waterway until you get the bridge/overpass. It is very easy to walk up the ramp, across the bridge, and end up on the other side to continue along the path along the waterway to MGM. You do not have to contend with cars and it is a nice stroll from the Swan.

If you stop by the gym at either of S/Ds you can pick up a map of all the walking trails. It is a lovely place to walk around. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter