• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan/Dolphin Teacher discount ???

10drum

Mouseketeer
Is the teacher discount only valid to active teachers or can a certified inactive teacher qualify for the discount?

My wife is certified teacher and taught untill we had children, and has stayed home since, but has always kept her certificate up to date.

Do they require a pay check stub or just a certificate, or both?

You should call Starwood or the Swan directly and make sure. I would imagine you would have to be currently employed as a teacher to qualify for the discount though.

I spoke with the reservation desk at the dolphin and they said a certificate is all you need, but I don't want to take a chance and show up and it be something else and not get the discount.

I was wondering if anyone has experiance at check-in and what is expected?

I checked into the Dolphin last August. I brought my original, active state cerificate. The CM looked at it and said "okay". I asked if she wanted to make a copy since that was my original. She said no she would just note that she saw it.

I am currently an elementary school principal but I did not bring anything to indicate that I was currently employed just my state certification. That is what I was told to bring when making the reservation and all went smoothly.

I've got conflicting answers from the s/d, one person said certificate was good the other said you needed proof of employment. I think we'll stay elsewhere to avoid possible embarassment at check-in. Thanks for the info.

We just returned and no one asked for proof. The ressie was in my name and my wife is the teacher.

BTW gepetto, the photo attached to your post frightened me, not to mention the dog.

If she has a valid teaching credential/certificate for the state you live in that is just what you need. The teachers rate is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter