Swan/Dolphin pools

DeeCee

Mouseketeer
Are there any quiet pools at either the Swan or Dolphin? If so, how many? Thanks.

The pools are all near each other. The quietest pool, to me, was the lap pool. The grotto pool is large and it is near the children's pool.

There is a lap pool as you walk out of each resort and then the grotto pool is situated in between both of them, check out the thread "S/D grotto pool, good for hanging out"...Blondie posted an amazing photo of the entire area and you'll be able to see all of the S/D pools.

We like the S/D lap pools because they are quieter and not as crowded as the grotto pool. They're also nice because there is an outside "grille" at each one of these (Cabana Grille at the Dolphin and Splash Grille at the Swan). You can enjoy drinks or a nice snack or lunch at these places.

taken from Deb Wills Site;

The Dolphin and Swan share a magnificent swimming complex. You'll have your choice of 2 lap pools or the tropical "Grotto" to satisfy all of the water lovers. One lap pool is located near the Dolphin and the other is located near the Swan . Both have hot tubs, away from the liveliness of the "Grotto".

The Grotto is a 3 acre water playground complete with waterfalls, slides, water volleyball, and hot tubs. Tropical foliage surrounds the Grotto area, and the white sand beach nearby make it a perfect place to relax or have fun. DJ's are on hand to help keep the area lively and fun by playing great music and starting group games. A kiddie pool is near the Grotto for the little guys. Pool toys are also available for rent.

Amazing photo of the Grotto Pool!

I don't think ANY of the Dolphin/Swan pools are as hectic as the pools at the other hotels. While I would agree the lap pool is the least used, the Grotto pool never seems to be overrun....I frankly love the pools at the Dolphin. I am one of those people who gets all stressed out by people sloshing water on me walking by, dumping over my drink sitting right next to me, bumping against my chair, having their soppy butts in my face, watching screaming children running along the side of the pool begging for a fall and skinned knees at best - concussions and falling into the pool to drown at worst....

I found it very calm at the Dolphin....yep, there were people there - sometimes more and sometimes less - but it just wasn't a wild party and I never had to fight for a chair. I loved the Dolphin. I won't go anywhere else.

The lap pools are very quiet. I have been there when you can hardly find a place to sit around the Grotto and there are 5 people in the lap pool. The lap pools are a bit warmer too. The reason being they are all on the same heating system, and to heat the Groto to the level of the lap pools would make them way to warm :(

We agree - the lap pool is more quiet then the Grotto, although all of them are wonderful. Try swimming near the cascades, it is wonderful and the sound of the water is very relaxing. Enjoy them all.:D

YES YES...2 more days...keep reminding me how NICE those pools are!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter