Swan/Dolphin for hanging out at the pool

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
We have never stayed at the Swan/Dolphin but have stayed at other Disney deluxe resorts. We love the Yacht/Beach club because the pools are so amazing. Anyhow, we are considering staying at the Swan/Dolphin because we got a great Entertainment rate there over Thanksgiving. We will probably spend a lot of time at the pool. Can someone compare the Swan/Dolphin pools to Stormalong Bay? Are the pools at the Swan/Dolphin fairly standard pools? Is there a slide there?

Also one other question. Our Entertainment rate (without taxes or the $10/day fee) is $147.50. Is that good? They said we could upgrade to Concierge for a rate of $202. Should we?

First of all, IMHO, no other pools compare to Stormalong Bay....

Having said that, The Grotto pool at Swan/Dolphin is very, very nice & it's big, with different "areas". The Hot Tub we used was very nice & sort of secluded - big bonus. There is a slide. There are also standard lap pools. I didn't get to spend much time at the Grotto when I was there - but from what I could see & what my son said - It's a nice pool area. Nice enough that we're going back this August for further "investigation".

Ditto on the grotto pool. It is very nice and sprawling. There is a slide, not as big as stormalongs but fun! In additon there are 2 reg lap pools and many hottubs. The grounds are magnificent. There have been pictures posted on the swan/dolphin thread , just go back a bit.

WOW! What a picture! I am so glad I am staying there in June.

Question, if I request a room on the side of the pool, can you still see Epcot if you have a view that direction, or do the other "fingers"/wings block the view?

Maggie

I knew the Grotto Pool was supposed to be spectacular, but now that I've seen the whole thing in one picture, all I can say is WOW !!!! Almost time for the countdown to start....48 days from now we get to check in to the Dolphin for the very first time :wave: Our first stay 'on-property' too. I think I'm going to be spoiled from now on :p

Could someone tell me about how long the slide is compared to SAB, WL, or the Poly?

Also does any of the slide go through an "inside" part or is it all exposed?

Thanks.

I'd say the slide is in the same league as the one at WL. I think the Grotto Pool slide may be a little taller.

the slide is almost entirely inside, goes pretty fast too. I always land in a heap. Not sure of the lenght... anyone help me out here???

That picture is truely amazing Blondie, I had to set it as wallpaper on my computer:p

My aunt and uncle had a room on the wing facing the grotto pool on the ground floor...the view from their room looked like you were on the "islands" ...it was so spectacular!

In order to see EPCOT you have to be toward the end of the one of the wings facing east, then you can see EPCOT. Even if you're a few rooms in you can still see the fireworks at night since they're a little off to the south.

Personally I think the pools at the S/D are some of the best on property. We actually like hanging at the lap pool because it's not as crowded when the pools are busy and we love to have a snack poolside at the Cabana Grill. (or at the Splash Grill when we stay at the Swan.

Just got back. Great photo! In addition, you can get frosty beverages or lunch (if you choose) at Cabanas (the tent-like structure pictured in upper left of photo). There is a poolshack giving complimentary towels and life vests. There are tons of lounge chairs. The waterfall into the center part of the grotto pool is cool to swim through, too. We loved the pool area and slide! Have a ball! In addition, if you want to enjoy an afternoon siesta, there are hammocks strung between the palms near the regular lap pool near the Swan.

Ditto on the Grotto Pool......you will love it. Great picture. Here are a few more:
fca1d568.jpg

fcc56967.jpg

fc44b259.jpg

dolp41.jpg

dolp43.jpg

dolp7.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter