Swan Club Level

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
In early December I will spend 3 nights at The Swan. I have a fair amount of Starwood points from previous visits.

I'm thinking of requesting Either Club Level, or just Club Level
* Privileges *

Any thoughts on this ?

( I am a woman, age 50, solo trip )

Thanks So Much !

Swan Club Level is so lovely. I think you should pamper yourself and DO it! It absolutely spoiled me! Mama T is a lovely person and will make you feel so special.

Claudia ~ I have always been intrigued by the thought of traveling solo to Disney. Please give your thoughts and experience on traveling solo.

Club privleges are awesome! We stayed on the club floor 12th which was very convenient. We received CL comp upgrade which made it even more magical.

Well...DH and I had already gone to WDW four times together. He was sick of it, and I was obsessed with it. He just flatly refused to go anymore. Actually he doesn't like to vacation anywhere !

I tried to get a group of women to go, but my plans fell apart. Either someone now could not afford it, or they didn't have enough vacation time or etc.etc.

Then I got this wild idea ! Why not go by myself !? Most people thought I was crazy. I've now had 4 solo trips, each for 6 nights. I call my DH every night to say goodnight. My only children are 2 cats, and I miss them, but I've learned to be more independant, and more out-going. My DH and I have a bit of an age difference, he's been retired for a while, and I'm still working. He doesn't *Need* a vacation, but I do.

When I eat dinner solo, I just look at my park map, or take notes with my tiny notebook. I'm comfortable gabbing to the CM's or to the people in line. I
*treasure* my solitude in my room at night. I do all the rides and attractions that I want - when I want to do them. I always attend MVMCP, which DH had refused to do before.

Thanks for the insight. I would be very comfortable navigating WDW alone: even eating alone - as you said I would read or people watch or keep a journal. I have many trips under my belt -so I know the lay of the land so to speak. I have stayed in a hotel room alone for business. If I did go, I would choose a deluxe resort for the safety issue of the room door not being on an outside hallway. Right now, DH is still willing to go but he is not an addict like me. I see it as an opportunity to do what you want when you want - a time to be a little selfish. Maybe someday...

Claudia,

We spent 17 days on the Club Level at the Swan and were very pleased with everything. Mama T and Denise are two of the kindest people you will ever meet. Each day we enjoyed grabbing breakfast in the lounge and the snacks and refreshments in the evening. I think actually being on the club level is quite nice. At times, the lounge can become rather crowded and it is also nice to be able to take your breakfast back to your room. Have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter